Life sure has been challenging lately, but thankfully I am right on top of everything. Things are coming together for me in numerous ways.
I somehow managed to impress several professors and the campus dean (I'm sure my student success coach was nudging that along).
It started when one day I was personally invited by our campus director to attend a special luncheon for the University President who was coming in from Chicago and wanted to meet a few of the students and have a round table discussion with them.
Then my success coach told me she had submitted me for a new intern program they are starting.
Then, I was asked by our Assistant Career Director to start up a student chapter of AITP for our campus, which I was told is great resume builder to be the "founding' President of the chapter... needless to say I got on that wagon like peanut butter and jelly!
Then I was asked by one of the IT Professors (whom I never had a class with) to consider applying for a tutor position for the IT students. At the interview for the tutor position, they told me they wanted me to also tutor math and stats students also (even though they already have 2 math/stats tutors who are very good).
I started my senior project this semester, earlier than I intended because it was actually being offered on campus with a real company instead of me having to take it online with a fake company.
Real company projects make a good impression on a resume! Bad news is that because this will take up a full 16 weeks (entire semester) rather than the normal 8 week session for each class, this pushes my graduation date forward by 8 weeks so I am going to be there longer.
So, between my senior project, starting the AITP chapter and tutoring, I'm pretty busy. I have a 3.88 GPA going and 7 more classes after this semester is over to complete my degree.
DeVry University is awesome! I have to give credit to the faculty and staff at my campus for being such great and caring people.
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2215 Active Users (316 Members and 1899 Guests)
- › Kaby Lake Overclocking Guide [With Statistics] 47 seconds ago
- › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 1080 Owner's Club 1 minute ago
- › Need new card......HELP!! 3 minutes ago
- › [Official] RYZEN 5 1600X | 1600 | 1500X | 1400 Owners Club 4 minutes ago
- › [Apple] iPhone X Reveal 5 minutes ago
- › [Microsoft] Forza 7 demo out today 6 minutes ago
- › [Guru3d] Popular software CCleaner infected with backdoor 8 minutes ago
- › [Official] - X58 Xeon Club - 8 minutes ago
- › ASUS X299 Motherboard Series - Official Support Thread 8 minutes ago
- › September 2017 Foldathon: Monday 18th - Wednesday 20th - 1200... 8 minutes ago
- › Corsair Obsidian 750D Computer Case With Side Panel Window by The_Rocker
- › Asus Xonar Essence STX 124 dB SNR / Headphone AMP Card by The_Rocker
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by The_Rocker
- › Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.3GHz LGA 2011-v3 140W... by foofer1233
- › Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2 1 LGA 2011 Processor - BX80619I73930K by powerhouse
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › ID-COOLING SE214L Snow Edition CPU Heatsink by DaveLT
- › Team Dark 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200)... by ADmodz
- › Logitech Wireless Keyboard K360 (Dark Silver) (920-003366) by enes13mes
- › Hands-On: TCL 55″ P-Series 4K HDR TV is...
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...