I just read a review putting the ATI 2900XT up against it's Nvidia rival the 8800 Ultra.
Not surprisingly to me, the 8800 Ultra whooped the 2900XT's butt, but what was a shock was the margin by which the 8800 Ultra lost.
Take this into account:
3DMark06 Scores @ stock settings (1280x1024) and no OCing:
8800 Ultra: 11944
8800 GTX: 10609
8800 GTS: 9528
[My source was the article I linked above]
This shocked me, becuase of this:
8800 Ultra: $599.99
(sources for those prices are Newegg.com, cheapest prices for each model of card)
Weird huh? Performance-wise you get more bang for the buck from ATI than Nvidia. I really need to start reading more reviews, I just invested $300 in an 8800GTS, but for $80 more I could have gotten the performance of an 8800GTX without spending $500-600 for one card.
Currently, there are 2501 Active Users (435 Members and 2066 Guests)
- › Asrock x399 Taichi/Fatality overclocking and unofficial support 8 seconds ago
- › white balls of mould in reservoir :( 15 seconds ago
- › Gigabyte AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Owner's Thread 20 seconds ago
- › [Official] RYZEN 7 1800X | 1700X |1700 Owners Club & 4GHz+ Club 1 minute ago
- › 5 x Toshiba 2TB HDDs 3 minutes ago
- › [Apple] iPhone X Reveal 6 minutes ago
- › [TC] Volkswagen to offer electric versions of all of its vehicles... 6 minutes ago
- › AMD Ryzen Threadripper Owners Club - 1950X | 1920X | 1900X 7 minutes ago
- › PC Crimping Part Numbers 7 minutes ago
- › [Toms] Best CPUs May 2017 Updates 10 minutes ago
- › Corsair Obsidian 750D Computer Case With Side Panel Window by The_Rocker
- › Asus Xonar Essence STX 124 dB SNR / Headphone AMP Card by The_Rocker
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by The_Rocker
- › Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.3GHz LGA 2011-v3 140W... by foofer1233
- › Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2 1 LGA 2011 Processor - BX80619I73930K by powerhouse
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › ID-COOLING SE214L Snow Edition CPU Heatsink by DaveLT
- › Team Dark 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200)... by ADmodz
- › Logitech Wireless Keyboard K360 (Dark Silver) (920-003366) by enes13mes
- › Hands-On: TCL 55″ P-Series 4K HDR TV is...
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...