I thought it would be a neat idea to blog about being an Editor here on OCN. Since I am a Benchmarking Editor I can only cover that, but I hope it will be interesting none the less.
As most of you know I help run the Benchmarking contests. That usually involves a couple months of discussing different ideas for the contests long before it actually takes place. Then we have to get approval for the prizes for the contest (of which admin is VERY generous) and then setup the structure of how the contest is run according to the prizes given.
The second thing I do is to help keep all of the official benchmarking lists updated. I worked on getting them all moved over to Google Spreadsheets to help make it easier.
Next there are the benchmarking programs list I have been trying to keep up to date for all to see and use and I have worked along with the Downloads Editor ([PWN]Schubie) to get most of those files hosted here on OCN. He has done a great job of that btw.
Then there are the guides that have been a work in process. I wanted to provide guides on how to run and tweak every benchmark that we can find. This is a daunting task and some members have stepped up and volunteered to help create a few guides and I am grateful for that. This will be a long and slow process and one that I hope most of you will bare with us as we venture on.
Alot my time is actually spent behind the scenes talking with other staff members. This is where the magic happens
Being on the staff here requires work and some dedication and is not something to be taken lightly. This is just an FYI to any members aspiring to be part of the staff. Overall it is a great experience and one that I greatly enjoy.
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 1868 Active Users (309 Members and 1559 Guests)
- › [Various] AMD ThreadRipper Reviews 50 seconds ago
- › Kaby Lake Overclocking Guide [With Statistics] 54 seconds ago
- › [XSPC] RayStorm Neo (AMD sTR4) Threadripper 2 minutes ago
- › Nixeus EDG 27" IPS 144Hz FreeSync Gaming Monitor 4 minutes ago
- › [Build Log] Return of the Primo. 4 minutes ago
- › AMD Ryzen Threadripper Owners Club - 1950X | 1920X | 1900X 5 minutes ago
- › Post a pic of your setup :) 5 minutes ago
- › Acoustic treatment for room. 9 minutes ago
- › Ryzen Threadripper 1950X in my sights 10 minutes ago
- › [Build Log] Zen, the Ying Yang Build, couple questions as well! 11 minutes ago
- › Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2 1 LGA 2011 Processor - BX80619I73930K by powerhouse
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › ID-COOLING SE214L Snow Edition CPU Heatsink by DaveLT
- › Team Dark 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200)... by ADmodz
- › Logitech Wireless Keyboard K360 (Dark Silver) (920-003366) by enes13mes
- › PDF Studio 12 - Advanced PDF Editor for Windows - Pro Edition... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Brand New Fujitsu ScanSnap ix500 Portable Document Scanner... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Tecware Phantom Backlit Mechanical Keyboard (Red / White Backlit... by DaveLT
- › Allsop XL Mouse Pad- Raindrop Blue by neilyo
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...