If you've ever happened to be brave enough to venture into any CPU/GPU related threads, you might notice a superabundant number of posts, bantering back and forth regarding which CPU and/or GPU Vendor is better: ATI or NVIDIA; INTEL or AMD. Granted, these posts are typically harmless, but the out-poor of wisdom-less, baseless, and grossly biased opinions is becoming, well... sickening.
Is there any rhyme or reason to explain these gross displays of detest towards said companies, and in some cases, fellow posters? Can someone provide a single reason why anyone with such an able mind would be so dumb as to give in to a "mob mentality" regarding a competitor in the CPU/GPU business. Do we not all agree that competition breeds innovation, and consequently begets higher performance, and lower priced components for all? Can someone explain to me why no matter what the OP is pertaining to, it always turns into a flame war, and someone ALWAYS has to spout, "Physx isn't fair..." or, "Hyperthreading isn't utilized in the real-world..." or a new favorite, "AMD needs 6 Cores to keep up with Intel's Quad-Cores!"
Don't get me wrong, as I will gladly defend my purchases and try to justify why I've made them, but there is a point where we have to swallow our pride, and accept the fact that some newer hardware from the opposing team may just be that much better, and our beloved, yet aging CPU/GPU is getting a little, "over the hill."
I LOVE ATI, and I've owned many, many ATI GPU's. Also, I LOVE INTEL, and I've owned at least one CPU from each generation Intel has produced, and in some cases, two to three. Nevertheless, my latest build encompasses an AMD 1055T X6, and 2 NVIDIA GTX470's in SLI.
My Challenge to you all, is next time you are ready to post a berating, page-long-essay pointing out every reason you believe your CPU/GPU choice is the better of the two, remember we're ALL here in "The pursuit of Performance." Let's try and uplift our fellow OC'ers, and think before we post. Technology changes quickly, and you never know when you might be on the "losing side."
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2269 Active Users (296 Members and 1973 Guests)
- › [Various] 6C Coffee Lake Lineup: i7-8700K & i5-8600K / CPU-Z +... 4 minutes ago
- › Hello 2 day! 4 minutes ago
- › ASUS X299 Motherboard Series - Official Support Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Acer Predator XB272-HDR and Asus ROG Swift PG27UQ ( 4K 27" 144Hz... 5 minutes ago
- › [Official] RYZEN 7 1800X | 1700X |1700 Owners Club & 4GHz+ Club 6 minutes ago
- › [WCCF] AMD Announces 2nd Gen Ryzen & Vega Coming Next Year On 12nm 6 minutes ago
- › [PCG/Hexus] DDR5 memory is twice as fast as DDR4 and slated for 2019 8 minutes ago
- › AMD Ryzen Threadripper Owners Club - 1950X | 1920X | 1900X 9 minutes ago
- › New build. 10 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound BlasterX AE-5 - Driver Issues (Update: Much Improved) 14 minutes ago
- › Phanteks PH-F140MP_BBK_PWM 140mm fan by AlphaC
- › Seasonic Flagship PRIME SERIES SSR-1200PD 1200W PLATINUM FULL... by mllrkllr88
- › Corsair Obsidian 750D Computer Case With Side Panel Window by The_Rocker
- › Asus Xonar Essence STX 124 dB SNR / Headphone AMP Card by The_Rocker
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by The_Rocker
- › Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.3GHz LGA 2011-v3 140W... by foofer1233
- › Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2 1 LGA 2011 Processor - BX80619I73930K by powerhouse
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › ID-COOLING SE214L Snow Edition CPU Heatsink by DaveLT
- › Hands-On: TCL 55″ P-Series 4K HDR TV is...
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...