First off, since I built The Wood Chipper rig - about 5 months ago - the Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev 2 has been outstanding. Running FAH at 95% CPU usage, it'll hit 50 C and run steady for the day.
The aesthetics and engineering of Arctic Cooling products are second-to-none. The combination of their signature b/w fans, and the quiet and efficient working units themselves are difficult to compete with. Not only do their products provide efficient cooling, but can add a sharp look to a rig.
I recently purchased an Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme GTX Pro for my ENGTX275 - because quite frankly the stock cooler on the thing can't keep up. Kind of funny, at the same time, it's not at all. You would think that the manufacturer would want to provide an efficient cooling device for their accompanying product. Their work is seen through the cooling more than the cookie-cutter style VGA card anyway. I'm not too surprised though, Asus is another one of those no-name-get-big-sell-out-die companies.
After spending $65 over at Ewiz on this thing, I'm pretty confident with my purchase. There are a ton of reviews, blogs, posts, and videos showing and talking about how well it preforms.
I will post some pictures up here of the installment next week and record it's performance.
Here's what I am getting from an idle and then from a solid 2 hours of FAH 100% both cpu and gpu. The screen shots are from CPUID's HWMonitor, if your not farmiliar with it the first temp is the current, second is the lowest, and the last is the highest.
give me a day or two to get the Accelero going and get some stable temps and ill put more pics up.
the accelero xtreme is a heat killer. my max load temps are about equal to what stock idle temps were. the only problem is that it's heating up my cpu by about 6-7 degrees. I've been able to bring it down a few by adding a 120mm fan to the side blowing some extra air right at it. i'm also planning on putting in a 80mm fan on the opposite side which sits directly under/behind the cpu and from I've heard it will drop it another 3-4 degrees.
Here are the updated HWMonitor temps:
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2498 Active Users (331 Members and 2167 Guests)
- › My experience with the Asus PRIME X370-Pro 2 minutes ago
- › ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread 3 minutes ago
- › Would like some motherboard purchasing advice for a birthday gift... 7 minutes ago
- › [Kickstarter] Pimax: The World's First 8K VR Headset 7 minutes ago
- › [Official] Case PHANTEKS Case Club for lovers & owners 8 minutes ago
- › [guru3d] AMD RTG Raja Koduri Takes A Temporary Leave 8 minutes ago
- › [Tweakers] Asetek just lost against Cooler Master for patent... 10 minutes ago
- › [Official] Vega Frontier / RX Vega Owners Thread 11 minutes ago
- › [PCGAMER] PUBG exec contemplating 'further action' over Fortnite... 12 minutes ago
- › [PCWorld] AMD Radeon phases out the CrossFire brand as multi-GPU... 12 minutes ago
- › Phanteks PH-F140MP_BBK_PWM 140mm fan by AlphaC
- › Seasonic Flagship PRIME SERIES SSR-1200PD 1200W PLATINUM FULL... by mllrkllr88
- › Corsair Obsidian 750D Computer Case With Side Panel Window by The_Rocker
- › Asus Xonar Essence STX 124 dB SNR / Headphone AMP Card by The_Rocker
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by The_Rocker
- › Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.3GHz LGA 2011-v3 140W... by foofer1233
- › Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2 1 LGA 2011 Processor - BX80619I73930K by powerhouse
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › ID-COOLING SE214L Snow Edition CPU Heatsink by DaveLT
- › Hands-On: TCL 55″ P-Series 4K HDR TV is...
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...