This is an open letter to game developers and publishers who are concerned about piracy.
Want to stop piracy? Its pretty easy, make your games all cost the same (Or close, so say $30 for a new game, AU$40, etc, instead of sharing an extra AU$50 for games, make your games better and not just cheap ports, release shareware versions of your games as WELL as the Demo and finally, stop complaining about pirates and putting DRM and Anti-Pirate stuff in, Pirates bypass it, and when a person buys it, it just inconveniences them.
Not to mention, most pirates are people who either can't afford the game, but want to play it, or are wanting a preview of the game, the amount that pirate because its free is tiny compared to the actual number of pirates, In fact, there is only one series of games that I download out of spite and never try to buy, and that would be the Sims 2 series, sure, with Just expansion Packs its okay, $30 every 6 months? Okay. But then they started releasing stuff packs, it is so much of an attempt to get us to buy crap that I will never buy another Sims game, except the Base game and a few of the better Expansion Packs. (I am planning on buying the upcoming Sims 3 and Apartment Life expansion packs.)
From a Pirate, to Game Devs.
(Note: I will buy games instead of download once I have a form of income that can support buying games AND Hardware,)
I just saw the news that Spore won't have a Demo/Shareware Trial and will have DRM, I am calling on people to boycott EA after this, maybe it will make them realize that we aren't going to put up with their s**t?
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 1794 Active Users (213 Members and 1581 Guests)
- › ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread 19 seconds ago
- › [Various] 6-Core Coffee Lake Lineup: i7-8700K & i5-8600K / Official... 1 minute ago
- › Z370 / Z390 VRM Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › i7 8700k overclock results and settings 3 minutes ago
- › [Hexus] - Asus ROG announces pair of Mini-ITX Ryzen motherboards 4 minutes ago
- › Dual Monitor Upgrade (from 1080p 60Hz) 6 minutes ago
- › [Official] Vega Frontier / RX Vega Owners Thread 9 minutes ago
- › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti Owner's Club 15 minutes ago
- › ASUS Rampage VI Extreme (X299) Owners Club 20 minutes ago
- › Ivy Bridge safe voltages. 21 minutes ago
- › Corsair Hydro Series H115i Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler ,... by SightUp
- › ASRock X370 Killer SLI/ac by gopackersjt
- › ARCTIC Accelero Mono Plus VGA Cooler - 120mm Efficient PWM Fan,... by Smanci
- › Joyful Heart Waterproof Wireless Bluetooth Headphone by TechChunk
- › Antec Mercury 360mm AIO Liquid Cooler by vMax65
- › Orico Dual Bay HDD Enclosure by geggeg
- › Phanteks PH-F140MP_BBK_PWM 140mm fan by AlphaC
- › Seasonic Flagship PRIME SERIES SSR-1200PD 1200W PLATINUM FULL... by mllrkllr88
- › Corsair Obsidian 750D Computer Case With Side Panel Window by The_Rocker
- › Asus Xonar Essence STX 124 dB SNR / Headphone AMP Card by The_Rocker
- › Hands-On: TCL 55″ P-Series 4K HDR TV is...
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...