As most everyone has seen, there are a ton of positions currently advertised for staff positions. It has taken a major effort to get to this point, and there will be a lot of work to sort through and evaluate all of the nominations, tweak the site setup to accommodate the new staff structure, and get all of the successful nominees promoted and trained. The site will be much better off with the additional manpower, energy, and ideas that the soon-to-be staff members will bring to the table. Our existing staff has been doing an admirable job, but the crew has been way too thin for a long time. Getting the staff back up to a reasonable size will allow the group as a whole as well as individuals to get a lot more accomplished, which should benefit everyone.
It has been brought to my attention that some members see the Forum Supervisor position as ranking higher than the Forum Editor position. Both fall at the same level on our org chart, and both positions have advantages and disadvantages. For example, Forum Supervisors have access to moderation tools and the warning/infraction system. This is really a mixed blessing. It gives them the ability to keep the forum clean and to help give members a gentle (or not so gentle) nudge when they break the rules, but on the flipside of that is that it's only a matter of time until they get their first (likely of many) unhappy PMs in response to threads/posts that have been moderated or warnings/infractions that have been issued. Forum Editors do not have access to those tools, so they avoid the hassles associated with them. On the flipside for them, they have to depend on others to apply those tools as needed. However, they won't have to worry about being badgered about their actions while they're working on the next great FAQ, guide, or other gem of content that they're creating.
The moral of the story is that there are pros and cons of both positions, and for the real gluttons for punishment, there is always the Forum Director positions who get the best/worst of both worlds.
A lot of nominations have been made already. I'd say about 70% have been self-nominations, so anyone who is hesitant to nominate themselves, you'll have plenty of company. A well written self-nomination coupled with a good history on the site is the single best way to get selected to join the staff.
With all of the work that has been going on with the staff restructure, some of my other duties have slid somewhat. If you're waiting on me to do something, please feel free to ding me again. I'm down to 20 unread PMs, and I think I have all of the outstanding non-nomination tickets addressed.
Currently, there are 1624 Active Users (343 Members and 1281 Guests)
- › [Intel] Ice Lake to be the successor to 8th gen Intel Core processors 3 minutes ago
- › [Various] RX Vega 64 & 56 Reviews 6 minutes ago
- › [EA - Origin] $ 5.00 STAR WARS™ Battlefront™ Ultimate Edition incl... 7 minutes ago
- › [Various] 6C Coffee Lake Lineup: i7-8700K & i5-8600K / CPU-Z +... 7 minutes ago
- › Kaby Lake Overclocking Guide [With Statistics] 8 minutes ago
- › Razer Atheris 8 minutes ago
- › [Videocardz] ASUS X399 Motherboard: ZENITH EXTREME 9 minutes ago
- › [Fudzilla] AMD’s Navi 7nm GPUs To Feature AI Acceleration Hardware 9 minutes ago
- › SteelSeries Rival & Sensei 310 Discussion 10 minutes ago
- › OCN Water Cooling Club And Picture Gallery 10 minutes ago
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › ID-COOLING SE214L Snow Edition CPU Heatsink by DaveLT
- › Team Dark 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200)... by ADmodz
- › Logitech Wireless Keyboard K360 (Dark Silver) (920-003366) by enes13mes
- › PDF Studio 12 - Advanced PDF Editor for Windows - Pro Edition... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Brand New Fujitsu ScanSnap ix500 Portable Document Scanner... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Tecware Phantom Backlit Mechanical Keyboard (Red / White Backlit... by DaveLT
- › Allsop XL Mouse Pad- Raindrop Blue by neilyo
- › Manjaro Linux XFCE 64bit (Latest Version) Arch based linux by AlphaC
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...