Radeon 9000 series vs Geforce FX 5000 series
ATI wins, especially when AA/AF is on despite being released earlier than Nvidia's cards.
X850XTPE vs 6800 Ultra
X850XTPE wins by a large margin.
The lower end cards from both sides were comparable.
X1000 series vs Geforce 7000 series
The X1800XT was superior to the 7800GTX. Only with the introduction of the 7900GTX and ATI's X1950XT did the performance become closer. ATI's cards of this generation have AA/AF quality than their Nvidia counterparts. The 7600GT and X1650XT were more or less equal. The 7600GT was more popular due to the X1650XT's predecessor, the X1600XT being a flop. GPU folding initally only supported ATI's X19XX series cards.
HD2000 series vs Geforce 8000 series
ATI's most notable loss to Nvidia. Seems to be the only thing that most Nvidia fanboys remember.
ATI's cards of this generation were no match for the 8800GTX/Ultra/GT.
The 2900XT's performance was similar to the 8800GTS 640MB, but it also consumed more power, produced more heat, and was louder.
The 2600XT was inferior to the 8600GT despite the 8600GT being a disappointment, not offering a big increase over the 7600GT.
HD3000 series vs Geforce 8000/9000 series
Refresh of the failed HD2000 series to reduce production costs (65/80nm -> 55nm) and to make the products more consumer friendly. (Lower noise, lower prices, lower power consumption...etc)
Performance wise, still lost against Nvidia offerings. The 3870X2 briefly retook the performance crown before the 9800GX2 was pushed out.
HD4000 series vs GTX200 series
Dramatically reduced the prices of the GTX200 series and introduced some serious competition. ATI briefly held the performance crown before the GTX295 was introduced. Though not the performance leader, ATI gained market share with this series due to excellent pricing.
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 1994 Active Users (288 Members and 1706 Guests)
- › Chilled Water Cooling vs 3.0 Build Log 8 seconds ago
- › G.Skill 4266 DDR4 on Ryzen disscussion thread 19 seconds ago
- › cant decide on fans for my radiator. 23 seconds ago
- › [Official] AMD R9 Radeon FURY / NANO / X / Pro DUO FIJI Owners Club 52 seconds ago
- › Ryzen Threadripper 1950X in my sights 1 minute ago
- › Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX 3 minutes ago
- › My experience with the Asus PRIME X370-Pro 4 minutes ago
- › ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread 5 minutes ago
- › Upgrading To A New PSU (Need Help/Advice) 6 minutes ago
- › [Official] AMD R9 390/390X Owners Club 6 minutes ago
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › ID-COOLING SE214L Snow Edition CPU Heatsink by DaveLT
- › Team Dark 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200)... by ADmodz
- › Logitech Wireless Keyboard K360 (Dark Silver) (920-003366) by enes13mes
- › PDF Studio 12 - Advanced PDF Editor for Windows - Pro Edition... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Brand New Fujitsu ScanSnap ix500 Portable Document Scanner... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Tecware Phantom Backlit Mechanical Keyboard (Red / White Backlit... by DaveLT
- › Allsop XL Mouse Pad- Raindrop Blue by neilyo
- › Manjaro Linux XFCE 64bit (Latest Version) Arch based linux by AlphaC
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...