What have I learned so far (please help me correct anything that is wrong):
1. Compaq and companies like them, Gateway, HP, Acer, ect. put locks on the
Bios so you can't adjust settings. I was also reading that the mobos they use
have less funtionality for OCing.(That may just have been Compaq.) I think it
has something to do with the warranty, but who cares. All I know is the
warranty on this rig has been up for a long time.
2. On the AMD set up I have, you can adjust everything but the multiplier.
3. No dip switch or jumper will work on this rig, it's "too new".
4. I may be able to flash an "Unlocked" Bios to my system.
5. I even read a post in extremeoverclocking.com about a guy, Kyran (khubel)
who made a frankenstein bios in 2003 which probably won't help me either
because I think this rig is a little younger than that.
Here is the link:
All this and I still have not started OCing. I obviously have a lot of time
on my hands.
Currently, there are 2094 Active Users (444 Members and 1650 Guests)
- › [Microsoft] XBOX One X - $499 Available Nov 7th 2017 [Updated] 51 seconds ago
- › [Motherboard]Apple Is Lobbying Against Your Right to Repair... 55 seconds ago
- › Vega Frontier / RX Vega Owners/Info thread. 2 minutes ago
- › [Twitter] JayzTwoCents: "I no longer recommend Radeon" 2 minutes ago
- › AMD X399 (Socket TR4) VRM thread 2 minutes ago
- › Frequently Asked Sleeving Questions 3 minutes ago
- › Official- Heatkiller Club 3 minutes ago
- › ASUS Prime X370 Pro 4 minutes ago
- › CaseLabs: What would you like to see? 6 minutes ago
- › [Official] Mechanical Keyboard Club - Because saving money is boring. 6 minutes ago
- › Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2 1 LGA 2011 Processor - BX80619I73930K by powerhouse
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › ID-COOLING SE214L Snow Edition CPU Heatsink by DaveLT
- › Team Dark 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200)... by ADmodz
- › Logitech Wireless Keyboard K360 (Dark Silver) (920-003366) by enes13mes
- › PDF Studio 12 - Advanced PDF Editor for Windows - Pro Edition... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Brand New Fujitsu ScanSnap ix500 Portable Document Scanner... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Tecware Phantom Backlit Mechanical Keyboard (Red / White Backlit... by DaveLT
- › Allsop XL Mouse Pad- Raindrop Blue by neilyo
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...