Wow, havent posted anything new here as I had planned in quite some time. Hell, I only recently came back to Overclock.net after a long hiatus. I guess I just didnt have the time to do things I enjoy as much, such as "computing" in general or even posting to threads let alone to "blog". So, in a sense this is a "...returns entry" and hopefully I'll be able to post more regularly from here on.
I guess we are done having kids now (*prays*) and as such I can find more time to do things I wanna do. My son Logan will be 5 in Sept., my daughter London just turned 1 in May, and little Lakyn is only like 10weeks old. Wow, how time flies. If someone would have told me this is where I'd be at age 27, I probably would have keeled over laughing.
Anyhoos', I finally got "MY" PC done. I had torn it all down, decided to paint the case (Black Satin) ; removed a section of the mobo. tray for easy removal/install of backplates ; cut out a 80mm hole in top for an extra exhaust fan ; installed a new (thicker) acrylic window w/ a 80mm cut-out for an intake fan, for which I custom fashioned an air filter as well ; I modified the front 5.25 bay plates to accomodate mounting a 120mm Ultra-Kazi up front which pounds the air over to my TRUE ; speaking of which, I lapped the TRUE down to copper, got a really nice finish on it - and I also got my enzotech type-s and intel775 bracket for a vertical mount on it - which needs some extra work, as I'd like to get the washers welded to the upper mount point instead of just sticking them in there ; I also installed UV wire-wrap, a 4-channel fan controller, some new LED's, an extra HDD, and also got a new battery back-up system b/c my old one was... well, old. I have been told that they only last at best 4-7 years, and then the charge in them starts to fail. I noticed this was occuring with mine, as numerous times I would come down to my computer room, only to find that my PC was shutdown, and the BBS was emitting a loud, long beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep. The power in this house is bad enough as is. I'm suprised it lasted as long as it did. Regardless, I got it all together and am still working out some tweaks here and there (again, lol) and am waiting for some more UV cold-cathodes before I install the ones I have, as I dont think they will be sufficient enough to light up everything I want lit. But the color-scheme looks good (blue w/ a little green here & there).
Pretty soon I hope to get around to putting up all my new pics from the rebuild and such, so all can see the beauty that is the "Dragon's Den". I still have to figure out where to put that Dragon applique I bought. It's the finishing touch! Time will tell I suppose...
Currently, there are 1994 Active Users (255 Members and 1739 Guests)
- › KDE Neon, System Monitor: Wrong/stuck Average Clock Frequency 43 seconds ago
- › [Various] 6C Coffee Lake Lineup: i7-8700K & i5-8600K / 4.7GHz... 5 minutes ago
- › Cooler Master Elite M-ITX Case Owners Club 11 minutes ago
- › Is there a decent 15W CPU for desktop? 11 minutes ago
- › TEC Chilled loop project idea 15 minutes ago
- › [Reuters] Best Buy stops sale of Russia-based Kaspersky products 17 minutes ago
- › Rival 110 19 minutes ago
- › Skylake-X/Kaby Lake-X Combined Discussion 19 minutes ago
- › EVGA GTX 970 SSC Gaming ACX 2.0/2.0+/FTW+ 2.0+ Custom UEFI Firmware 19 minutes ago
- › [Official] Overwatch Information and Discussion Thread 23 minutes ago
- › Orico Dual Bay HDD Enclosure by geggeg
- › Phanteks PH-F140MP_BBK_PWM 140mm fan by AlphaC
- › Seasonic Flagship PRIME SERIES SSR-1200PD 1200W PLATINUM FULL... by mllrkllr88
- › Corsair Obsidian 750D Computer Case With Side Panel Window by The_Rocker
- › Asus Xonar Essence STX 124 dB SNR / Headphone AMP Card by The_Rocker
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by The_Rocker
- › Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.3GHz LGA 2011-v3 140W... by foofer1233
- › Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2 1 LGA 2011 Processor - BX80619I73930K by powerhouse
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Hands-On: TCL 55″ P-Series 4K HDR TV is...
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...