I had ended up reflashing my BIOS back to rev 1103, everything appeared to be stable and normal once again. With BIOS rev 1202, every time I did a cold boot, the POST screen would say that the OC had failed, press F1 to... and I would have to reload the settings I had last time I started up, TO MUCH EFFORT to do that EVERY TIME I start my computer.
Somebody had suggested that I up the CPU voltage to see if that would stabilize things, of course I read this after I reflashed to 1103. At the moment, I'm just not wanting to deal with rev 1202. My guess at the time, by the lack of posts, is that everybody else is having no problems with it and that my situation is unique. Oh well, life goes on and I'm really not willing to give up on this board yet, way to many excellent reviews on it and SO many tweaks for it and so much money spent.
I must say that I hope this is not an indicator of BIOS updates to come. I've got to include that I am rather disappointed with this being my first ASUS motherboard (Abit previously) that such a little thing could cause such huge problems.
Currently, there are 2363 Active Users (408 Members and 1955 Guests)
- › [Bios Mod] Asus Prime X370-Pro | Asus Strix X370-F Gaming 9 seconds ago
- › Razer Jugan, a refresh of the very first Abyssus 54 seconds ago
- › Preliminary view of AMD VEGA Bios 4 minutes ago
- › [Blur Busters] 480 Hz Monitor Prototype Now at Blur Busters! 5 minutes ago
- › [Official] Delidded Club / Guide 8 minutes ago
- › joining the M2n sli delux owners club 9 minutes ago
- › Skylake-X/Kaby Lake-X Combined Discussion 9 minutes ago
- › [BIOS Mod] RX480 -> RX580 Conversions + How-to RX470/RX480 ->... 10 minutes ago
- › [Official] OCN Headphones and Earphones Club 10 minutes ago
- › Kaby Lake Overclocking Guide [With Statistics] 11 minutes ago
- › Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2 1 LGA 2011 Processor - BX80619I73930K by powerhouse
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › ID-COOLING SE214L Snow Edition CPU Heatsink by DaveLT
- › Team Dark 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200)... by ADmodz
- › Logitech Wireless Keyboard K360 (Dark Silver) (920-003366) by enes13mes
- › PDF Studio 12 - Advanced PDF Editor for Windows - Pro Edition... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Brand New Fujitsu ScanSnap ix500 Portable Document Scanner... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Tecware Phantom Backlit Mechanical Keyboard (Red / White Backlit... by DaveLT
- › Allsop XL Mouse Pad- Raindrop Blue by neilyo
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...