Here i go again, the path we know all to well, the everlasting search for top performance for wich we spend our last money on. Once again i felt the urge to buy some new hardware to gain a few fps in a game no one can run at full speed (you guessed it, it is Crysis) Now what is that thing that drives us all to stand out from the crowd by owning the fastest system in a 100 mile radius?
Honestly i don't know what enables that drive. Even my 15 yr old son has that same urge, even though he owns an ancient 19" crt monitor he couldn't resist buying a 4870, for what? i don't know. There must be something that drives us all forward in some illusive search for the holy hardware grail. Core i7, we are dreaming of core i9. Radeon 4***? we are already dreaming of a Radeon 5 series. It's like a common madness imposed by the hardware manufacturers who are dying to sell sell sell, and we all just comply and buy buy buy. Makes me feel like we are nothing more then Borgs wich want to be assimilated into the hyve, the hyve of more, faster, better, shinyer.
Maybe it all comes down to the essence of man, the need to divide and create, the need to mark his territory and the poor soul wich dares to enter will feel the raft of the one whom's pride has been raped.
These are just random thoughts entering my mind on this windy saturdayafternoon. Siting on my couch staring at the monitor of my htpc wich just finished the last song of my list, another pc waiting to be finished and a wholesome list of things that need to be done.
Maybe i shouldn't listen to gothic rock, maybe i
should get that extra 4850, maybe........... maybe enough is enough, no more hardware,software or any other wares. Come to think of it, I noticed my main rig could use another 4850 just to xfire and get rid of that nasty bottleneck i found when playing Crysis.............maybe
Currently, there are 2104 Active Users (426 Members and 1678 Guests)
- › Just purchased 7700k from Silicon lottery, need advice 35 seconds ago
- › ETA on the ASUS X399 Zenith Monoblock 1 minute ago
- › [Twitter] JayzTwoCents: "I no longer recommend Radeon" 2 minutes ago
- › [Motherboard]Apple Is Lobbying Against Your Right to Repair... 3 minutes ago
- › Dell S2716DG 1440 144 Hz G-Sync Owners Thread 3 minutes ago
- › [TechPowerUP]Zen Meeting Vega in AMD "Raven Ridge" APU Confirmed 4 minutes ago
- › My experience with the Asus PRIME X370-Pro 5 minutes ago
- › Skylake-X/Kaby Lake-X Combined Discussion 6 minutes ago
- › The Intel Devil's Canyon Owners Club 8 minutes ago
- › Pump/rad combo? 8 minutes ago
- › Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2 1 LGA 2011 Processor - BX80619I73930K by powerhouse
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › ID-COOLING SE214L Snow Edition CPU Heatsink by DaveLT
- › Team Dark 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200)... by ADmodz
- › Logitech Wireless Keyboard K360 (Dark Silver) (920-003366) by enes13mes
- › PDF Studio 12 - Advanced PDF Editor for Windows - Pro Edition... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Brand New Fujitsu ScanSnap ix500 Portable Document Scanner... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Tecware Phantom Backlit Mechanical Keyboard (Red / White Backlit... by DaveLT
- › Allsop XL Mouse Pad- Raindrop Blue by neilyo
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...