Well crap, I'm going to have to postpone putting the Thermalright T-Rad2 GTX & VRM-R2 onto my EAH4890 to help with my uncomfortably high temps, OK, they're high to me with 60C idle and ~75C when I game. This morning I opened up my case to get more air flowing to it during a 30 minute OCCT GPU test to get the maximum load temperature and low & behold, there's a LED lit up on it. I couldn't be lucky and have it be D1601 (critical temperature) or either D1602 or D1603 (power connectors A or B removed), nope it's the dreaded D601 the critical Core power fault :swearing:. Mind you, I haven't had any reason to open my case for about 3 weeks now and tbh, I don't remember having seen it lit up before.
So, looks like I'll be contacting ASUS about this one . I've been looking forward to doing this upgrade all weekend and now I'm going to have to RMA it.
Now I think I should also let my fine OCing friends here at OCN know that during my 30 minute OCCT GPU test I had the driver fail 2x and it crashed the system 2x (back to POST) with an "A hypertransport sync flood error occurred on last boot, press F1 to continue" . Related? Worth thinking about imo.
So let me postulate a stupid question, using the ASUS SmartDoctor on my ASUS EAH4890 (no mods done in ANY way), is it possible that to much voltage was sent through the VRMs and damaged it? I've run it to the max that SmartDoctor will allow, 1.45V, and ended up bringing it back down to 1.4V after much tweaking. I'm thinking yes, especially if there's a bad VRM to start and it's stressed to failure.
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2049 Active Users (352 Members and 1697 Guests)
- › AMD X399 (Socket TR4) VRM thread 6 minutes ago
- › Vega Frontier / RX Vega Owners/Info thread. 9 minutes ago
- › ASUS Rampage VI Apex (x299) Watch 9 minutes ago
- › [Various] RX Vega 64 & 56 Reviews 11 minutes ago
- › [Official] - X58 Xeon Club - 11 minutes ago
- › [Reddit] Inno3D warns of warranty void when mining with their GTX... 12 minutes ago
- › Polaris Bios Editing ( RX5xx / RX4xx ) 13 minutes ago
- › Best b350 motherboard to overclock my 1700x on? 15 minutes ago
- › Acer XB271HU- share your experience and show pics! 16 minutes ago
- › [Official] Galax (Galaxy / KFA2) HOF Owner's Club 16 minutes ago
- › Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2 1 LGA 2011 Processor - BX80619I73930K by powerhouse
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › ID-COOLING SE214L Snow Edition CPU Heatsink by DaveLT
- › Team Dark 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200)... by ADmodz
- › Logitech Wireless Keyboard K360 (Dark Silver) (920-003366) by enes13mes
- › PDF Studio 12 - Advanced PDF Editor for Windows - Pro Edition... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Brand New Fujitsu ScanSnap ix500 Portable Document Scanner... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Tecware Phantom Backlit Mechanical Keyboard (Red / White Backlit... by DaveLT
- › Allsop XL Mouse Pad- Raindrop Blue by neilyo
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...