This is going to be quite a long read, sorry there will be no tl;dr version.
He finds the smallest things to piss my friends and I off. The other day we were installing Windows on a computer (Doing actual work), and he just pulled us aside and told us to go over to the other room and test the computers (which are ancient). Seriously, that pissed us off because we were actually doing something, not just browsing the net and playing games (like about 1/3 of the class was doing). We tested them and got POST codes that sounded fine and dandy, so we didn't even bother hooking up monitors or anything. We had REAL stuff to worry about. Yeah, so we get back and finish up the Windows install. This was Thursday 9-24-09. And on Friday, 9-25-09, I had a written plan to bring in my parts and FINALLY get my computer assembled for a grade. Well, he apparently thought that working on some dinosaur computers was more important that working on a GRADED project. So I spent 2 out of my 3 periods that day working on ONE computer that had a good POST code. The motherboard died, but he wouldn't help me AT ALL. BTW, he said "Get the computers working" but didn't even give us and screwdrivers or any tools. So how are we supposed to fix computers without screwdrivers or tools? And I told him I'd be damned if I used my truck keys. Some teacher he is . Speaking of trying to piss people off, he was making fat jokes to my friend. His laptop screen got broken from his dog, okay? Well the teacher said "Yeah, you probably just sat on it and blamed it on your dog" (or something along those lines).
And another thing, his breath wreaks of cigarette smoke, and the room smells like alcohol + coffee And he tries to cover up the smoker's smell with body spray which doesn't work AT ALL. And he doesn't clean his fingernails (I'm a HUGE hygiene freak).
He doesn't even know what the hell he's talking about half the time. An example is saying that a computer needs a HDD to POST. Another one is he doesn't even acknowledge that Pentium D's are outdated. Still "teaches" by the books published in 2006. One student was working on a computer with a SLI mobo. He [the student] put the graphics card in the second PCI-E slot, and the computer wouldn't get any video or POST. The teacher asked "Are the drivers up to date?" I felt pity for him and said "Try moving the Graphics card to the first slot, up at the top". And whaddya know, it fired right up and POST'd. -_-
Yet another thing is, instead of buying up to date equipment for the class (IE New computers, and trashing the ancient ones), he spent the WHOLE BUDGET FOR THE YEAR on a home entertainment system that was computer operated. Complete waste of the whole budget, and it was only used one or two times.
And for the sake of my sanity, I'm not even going to BEGIN talking about all the horse poop he put us through last year. The class is a 3 year one. (Sophomore, Junior, and Senior). I'm currently a Junior right now. Only reason I took it again was to get A+ certified out of High School.
Rant over. Thanks for reading.
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2112 Active Users (357 Members and 1755 Guests)
- › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 1080 Owner's Club 51 seconds ago
- › Yet another new guy 1 minute ago
- › [Intel] 8th Gen Intel Core Processor Family to Debut Aug. 21 2 minutes ago
- › Need help with a Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080 Ti 4 minutes ago
- › just cpu vs cpu and vrm block 5 minutes ago
- › [Official] AMD Ryzen DDR4 24/7 Memory Stability Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Kaby Lake Overclocking Guide [With Statistics] 6 minutes ago
- › Show your Linux 7 minutes ago
- › Roccat Kone Aimo 7 minutes ago
- › Click Latencies compiled 7 minutes ago
- › Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2 1 LGA 2011 Processor - BX80619I73930K by powerhouse
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › ID-COOLING SE214L Snow Edition CPU Heatsink by DaveLT
- › Team Dark 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200)... by ADmodz
- › Logitech Wireless Keyboard K360 (Dark Silver) (920-003366) by enes13mes
- › PDF Studio 12 - Advanced PDF Editor for Windows - Pro Edition... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Brand New Fujitsu ScanSnap ix500 Portable Document Scanner... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Tecware Phantom Backlit Mechanical Keyboard (Red / White Backlit... by DaveLT
- › Allsop XL Mouse Pad- Raindrop Blue by neilyo
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...