I started an orginization back in 2003 called Charity paintball. where a group of volunteers setup a paintball tournement and donate all of the money raised to various charities. I went out several years ago spent $8000 and bought a used speedball field 2 dozen paintball markers and all the safty equipment. I donnate all the equipment with out any cost to the charity or the evnt so 100% of the money raised can got to the charity. We have raied over $70,000 in the last 6 years and have raised money for all kinds of charities. This weekend at a charity tournament, I was approched by a family who's son loves paintball but has not been able to play for many years due to an accident where he lost the use of his legs. they asked me if i would be willing to hold a tournament to help the family cover the cost of a new powered wheelchair. (close to $10,000) I said I would do it. I went out to look for some sponsors this morning and to my glorious surprise I have already raised $7250.00 in corprate sponsorship for the event. I am completly beside myself because I usally raise about $1500 to $2500 in corprate sponsorship. I have it setup in 3 tiers
Gold=$1000 Silver= $500 Platinum = $250
in my 10 stops this morning I got 7 gold and 1 platinum and 2 not at this time. I am used to 1 gold and one platinum per 20 stops. The way this community seems to be is if there is just a charity name they will give, but once there is a name and a face to the person they can help then they open up thier hearts and give. I also had one person offer to pay his his staff for and have them help put the event on. I guess all am am saying is to date this is the highest dollar fundraiser That I have ever held and I have only put 3 hours in to it so far. just when you think you have things figured out life throws you a curve and have to start thinking about it all over again.
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2357 Active Users (437 Members and 1920 Guests)
- › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti Owner's Club 1 second ago
- › white balls of mould in reservoir :( 1 minute ago
- › Dell S2716DG 1440 144 Hz G-Sync Owners Thread 1 minute ago
- › Unexplained performance drop 5 minutes ago
- › would the AMD Athlon X4 950 be powerful enough in a dedicated... 6 minutes ago
- › Found this in the top of my reservoir, what is it? 6 minutes ago
- › Thermaltake Core P3 Owner's Club 6 minutes ago
- › ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread 7 minutes ago
- › [Official] Vega Frontier / RX Vega Owners Thread 7 minutes ago
- › ASUS Rampage VI Extreme (X299) Official Owners 7 minutes ago
- › Seasonic Flagship PRIME SERIES SSR-1200PD 1200W PLATINUM FULL... by mllrkllr88
- › Corsair Obsidian 750D Computer Case With Side Panel Window by The_Rocker
- › Asus Xonar Essence STX 124 dB SNR / Headphone AMP Card by The_Rocker
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by The_Rocker
- › Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.3GHz LGA 2011-v3 140W... by foofer1233
- › Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2 1 LGA 2011 Processor - BX80619I73930K by powerhouse
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › ID-COOLING SE214L Snow Edition CPU Heatsink by DaveLT
- › Team Dark 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200)... by ADmodz
- › Hands-On: TCL 55″ P-Series 4K HDR TV is...
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...