Alright so I did my first "client build" in December. I don't know if I could call it a client build but seeing as it was my girlfriends moms friend and I don't really know her than it justifies the title.
She came to me asking if I could build her 13-year old son a "Gaming Computer" for some money of course. I kindly accepted her offer and told her that I'd only charge a small fee for building the computer and installing vista and an AV. Here was what I choose for her:
-8800 GT 512MB
-WD 250GB HHD
I let her son pick out the case
The Quad was way too hot on the stock so luckily I had the ACF7 on hand to drop the temps by 15C. Installed RivaTuner to control the fan speed on the GPU.
After two months of no contact she has a problem with the computer crashing Leading me to believe rivatuner fan controller has failed me or that the quad temps are way too hot.
Without contacting me at first she brought it to a tech shop where they told her that the clock speeds were to high (causing the crashes) which made no sense since I never touched them and they said that the guy who put it together set it too high (referring to me) stock clocks ring a bell, didn't think so.
Anyways thats bullocks and they told her that they lowered it and it should be fine. Unfortunately, that was never the cause of the problem since the computer is still crashing. Now I just wish she could contact me to fix this problem (heard of the problem from my girlfriends mom)
Once I get a hold of her I'll probably be taking the computer in to see whats causing it to crash. You'll most likely hear from me again about this in a post.
If you have any ideas as to what might be causing this leave one
Currently, there are 2217 Active Users (330 Members and 1887 Guests)
- › [VideoCardz] Intel preps dual-core i3-7360X for X299, but why? 51 seconds ago
- › [Various] 6C Coffee Lake Lineup: i7-8700K & i5-8600K / CPU-Z +... 2 minutes ago
- › [Apple] iPhone X Reveal 3 minutes ago
- › [Official] Vega Frontier / RX Vega Owners Thread 3 minutes ago
- › [PCGAMER] PUBG exec contemplating 'further action' over Fortnite... 4 minutes ago
- › FS: PowerColor RX 480 8GB Red Devil 6 minutes ago
- › PERC 5/i RAID Card: Tips and Benchmarks 9 minutes ago
- › GIGABYTE X299 OVERCLOCKING THREAD 9 minutes ago
- › The Socket 939 Appreciation Club and Knowledgebase [Official] 9 minutes ago
- › [PCG/Hexus] DDR5 memory is twice as fast as DDR4 and slated for 2019 11 minutes ago
- › Phanteks PH-F140MP_BBK_PWM 140mm fan by AlphaC
- › Seasonic Flagship PRIME SERIES SSR-1200PD 1200W PLATINUM FULL... by mllrkllr88
- › Corsair Obsidian 750D Computer Case With Side Panel Window by The_Rocker
- › Asus Xonar Essence STX 124 dB SNR / Headphone AMP Card by The_Rocker
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by The_Rocker
- › Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.3GHz LGA 2011-v3 140W... by foofer1233
- › Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2 1 LGA 2011 Processor - BX80619I73930K by powerhouse
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › ID-COOLING SE214L Snow Edition CPU Heatsink by DaveLT
- › Hands-On: TCL 55″ P-Series 4K HDR TV is...
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...