Just to give you guys a little update on the situation.
Recall: Turns out that she lent the computer that I built for her to her brother who overclocked it and damaged it. Now she wants me to fix it for her. I don't mind trying my best to see what could be causing her problems.
To my surprise I received the motherboard from my client. Strikingly enough she told me that the problem was the motherboard and wants me to send it back (as is). I told her that I want to check the whole computer out before sending anything to RMA, as it could be something else. I still haven't gotten an answer from her about getting the computer out to me but its not like she can use it without the motherboard that I have lol
Anyways, my goal is to diagnose the problem once I get the computer and try to fix it. As I already know that I am not to blame for the damage, I will be charging her for taking care of the problems it has. I don't think that is asking much, especially if she doesn't want to deal with sending everything that needs to be RMA'd.
My question to you is how much should I charge her for finding the cause of the problem and fixing it (RMA) and then setting it all up again so that it works?
I don't want to be an arse for asking for money, but its not my problem in my opinion. I gave her strict instructions about what I would do in case of problems within the first month. I am not to blame for Overclocking and frying the motherboard (by what I have been told).
Give me your opinions on how I should deal with this.
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2209 Active Users (338 Members and 1871 Guests)
- › Coming soon status Asus Strix RX Vega 64 (New Egg) 20 seconds ago
- › [Official] Battlefield: 1 Information and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › drevo x1 pro 128gb ssd failure? 3 minutes ago
- › [twitter] Titan V revealed. 4 minutes ago
- › [Official] The Windows 10 Club 4 minutes ago
- › Battlefield 1 OCN Player Network 4 minutes ago
- › [Official] Mechanical Keyboard Club - Because saving money is boring. 4 minutes ago
- › Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 7 / 8700K Overclocking settings 6 minutes ago
- › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 1070 Owner's Club 6 minutes ago
- › ASUS Rampage VI Extreme (X299) Owners Club 7 minutes ago
- › Intel Broadwell Core i7-5775C 3.3 4 NA BX80658i75775C by TwilightRavens
- › Cougar Revenger S by vanir1337
- › Intel Core i7-4770K LGA1150 by gonX
- › Toshiba P300 3TB by TwoCables
- › AIM SC808 by Morti
- › Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming by vMax65
- › INTEL Core i5-8600K by vMax65
- › Ninox Venator - Black by vanir1337
- › Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-650FX 650W 80+ Gold ATX12V &... by AlphaC
- › Tt eSPORTS Ventus R by vanir1337
- › Hands-On: TCL 55″ P-Series 4K HDR TV is...
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...