I had a temporary hiatus from having a top of the line desktop, and sold it off to just have a laptop. Durring the time I was really into linux, and gaming took a back seat to learning how everything work in nix Then I got a $100 newegg gift certificate for a grad present and I had nothing else to spend it on than a new desktop. All I needed was a processor, heatsink, mobo and ram. I managed to get all of that for under $100. $100 got me an amd x2 4050e 2.1ghz, 1gb ddr2 ram, biostar mobo, and a stock hsf.
That purchase changed the way I buy anything in general now. Instead of paying big bucks for the best damn thing out there, why not just settle for less and upgrade every once in a while.
Now I'm in the process of upgrading my memory and motherboard, and I just bought a 4850 for $92. Since computer parts are getting to be so cheap, I'm limiting myself to spend only $100 on an individual part. I have came a long way from buying my first amd single core athlon 3200+ 2ghz for $230 at compusa 5 years ago
I laugh at my friends who spent >$200 on quad cores when all they do is play wow / tf2.
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 1786 Active Users (269 Members and 1517 Guests)
- › Cable Sleeving Gallery & Discussion 1 minute ago
- › What kind of speakers do I buy for my computer? 2 minutes ago
- › [OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club 2 minutes ago
- › Nixeus REVEL [It's here!] 5 minutes ago
- › GIGABYTE X299 OVERCLOCKING THREAD 5 minutes ago
- › [Reddit] Inno3D warns of warranty void when mining with their GTX... 5 minutes ago
- › [Various] AMD ThreadRipper Reviews 5 minutes ago
- › Frozen Path. Sub-Zero Cooling Club. 7 minutes ago
- › [VG24/7] Valve will no longer automatically fulfil key requests... 7 minutes ago
- › [Various] RX Vega 64 & 56 Reviews 8 minutes ago
- › Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2 1 LGA 2011 Processor - BX80619I73930K by powerhouse
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › ID-COOLING SE214L Snow Edition CPU Heatsink by DaveLT
- › Team Dark 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200)... by ADmodz
- › Logitech Wireless Keyboard K360 (Dark Silver) (920-003366) by enes13mes
- › PDF Studio 12 - Advanced PDF Editor for Windows - Pro Edition... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Brand New Fujitsu ScanSnap ix500 Portable Document Scanner... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Tecware Phantom Backlit Mechanical Keyboard (Red / White Backlit... by DaveLT
- › Allsop XL Mouse Pad- Raindrop Blue by neilyo
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...