OK, I'm all confused now. Temperatures are back near normal again, although I do think a 1C change since updating to the 1303 BIOS revision is strange (core temp = ~44-45C ).
I've changed nothing, but I did notice while I was rummaging around in the BIOS that the VCore is 1.481V. I remember having read that the "stock" voltage for this cpu is 1.35V and it's range is 0.875-1.5V, hmm, . I manually set the voltage starting at 1.2V and raised it in 0.025 increments until I was stable. After about a dozen BSOD and 3 "I think it's stable now" then a BSOD, I just set the voltage back to "AUTO" in the BIOS. I'm gonna need a few beers after this .
Ambient is currently 25C (77F) and slowly rising thanks to my big space heater sitting next to me. I think I am still going to reseat the heatsink after I am done here, idk, maybe I can talk the wife into letting me buy a Megahalems "kit". The blue LED fan is just to replace the 33cfm I have running right now and get more air flow with a wonderful 72cfm SilenX.
Currently, there are 1543 Active Users (260 Members and 1283 Guests)
- › [Intel] Ice Lake to be the successor to 8th gen Intel Core processors 24 seconds ago
- › [eTeknix] Intel Core i9-7960X 16 cores, 32 threads Geekbench Scores... 3 minutes ago
- › [WCCFTech] AMD’s RX Vega 56 and 64’s $399 and $499 Price Tag Was A... 4 minutes ago
- › Vega Frontier / RX Vega Owners/Info thread. 6 minutes ago
- › ASUS X99 Sabertooth Owners Thread 6 minutes ago
- › [Various] RX Vega 64 & 56 Reviews 7 minutes ago
- › 2 GIGABYTE 980Ti G1 Gaming OC Edition 7 minutes ago
- › GTX 1070 SC only using x8 PCI-E lanes instead of x16 8 minutes ago
- › Recommend 16 port SAS/SATA PCIe card for JBOD 8 minutes ago
- › Bequiet 800/900 vs Fractal Design R5 9 minutes ago
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › ID-COOLING SE214L Snow Edition CPU Heatsink by DaveLT
- › Team Dark 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200)... by ADmodz
- › Logitech Wireless Keyboard K360 (Dark Silver) (920-003366) by enes13mes
- › PDF Studio 12 - Advanced PDF Editor for Windows - Pro Edition... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Brand New Fujitsu ScanSnap ix500 Portable Document Scanner... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Tecware Phantom Backlit Mechanical Keyboard (Red / White Backlit... by DaveLT
- › Allsop XL Mouse Pad- Raindrop Blue by neilyo
- › Manjaro Linux XFCE 64bit (Latest Version) Arch based linux by AlphaC
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...