A few things have been changed/alterd as far as parts since my last post.
Asus P6T Deluxe v2
Mem: 6Gb of XMS3 DDR3-1600
Corsair HX 1000W
VideoCard: in a RMA process : (
I backed out of the RiiE in the end, the more research i did between the two boards the more i realized i will be able to accomplish my goals with the P6T board. The Ai Tweaker Section in the Bios is layed out nicely and easy to find your way around. The Heatsink is the product that im most happy i ended up getting, The Prolimatch Megahalems. I know just about everyone knows of the True 120 heatsink, you usually think of the true when it comes to obese temps. The fact is Megahalems is a great Heatsink and depending on which benchmarks you can find between the true and the Mega its only a 1 to 2 +- each way (some have been lapped and some test dont have the same ambient temps).
As far as my Overclocking experience has been going on this new i7 architecture, its been unreal. I was able to get to 4.0Ghz right out of the box, though it wasnt stable (it was a matter of just changing the Bclk). To get involved in the chip i decided to reach 3.8Ghz with the lowest temps and vcore as possible before i get a stable 4.0Ghz.
QPI PLL Voltage=1.88v
QPI / Dram=1.33v
IOH PCIE v=1.50
ICH PCIE v=1.50
Dram Bus V=1.64
With that setup i was able to run both Prime95 and CPU Stablity for just shy of 48hrs. with tmeps not exceding 68c..Now that i have a rock solid configuration for 3.8 i wanted to get the TurboMode going so i can reach 4.0.
Differences: Changes to accomindate
-CPU mult:20 (for whatever reason i am unable to enable turbo mode when i specify the CPU multiplier, even if i specify 20. Anyone else have that issue)
-As of 1hr into both prime95 and CPU stablity running at the same time, temps have not got above 67c Prime for 4.0Ghz in my eyes and im still under 1.3v.
Anyone looking to build a i7 computer i would highly recommend the P6T Deluxe as well as the Prolimatech MegaHalems Heatsink.
3.8Ghz Stable at 13hrs.
4.0Ghz Stable at 1hr
Currently, there are 2205 Active Users (374 Members and 1831 Guests)
- › [DSOG] AMD Radeon RX Vega 64 performs almost identically to the AMD... 5 seconds ago
- › [Twitter] JayzTwoCents: "I no longer recommend Radeon" 1 minute ago
- › My experience with the Asus PRIME X370-Pro 2 minutes ago
- › [Various] 6C Coffee Lake Lineup: i7-8700K & i5-8600K / CPU-Z +... 2 minutes ago
- › computer internet suggestion 3 minutes ago
- › pumps, reservoir, 980 Ti KPE waterblock 3 minutes ago
- › [Official] Fractal Design Case Club 4 minutes ago
- › SteelSeries Rival & Sensei 310 Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › RX 480 overclock discussion 5 minutes ago
- › NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti Owner's Club 6 minutes ago
- › Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2 1 LGA 2011 Processor - BX80619I73930K by powerhouse
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › ID-COOLING SE214L Snow Edition CPU Heatsink by DaveLT
- › Team Dark 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200)... by ADmodz
- › Logitech Wireless Keyboard K360 (Dark Silver) (920-003366) by enes13mes
- › PDF Studio 12 - Advanced PDF Editor for Windows - Pro Edition... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Brand New Fujitsu ScanSnap ix500 Portable Document Scanner... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Tecware Phantom Backlit Mechanical Keyboard (Red / White Backlit... by DaveLT
- › Allsop XL Mouse Pad- Raindrop Blue by neilyo
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...