Its all paid for and 'in the post' (Mostly from EBay) now I'm starting to wonder what I might have got wrong...
Few comments to explain why these items...
X4 965 - After reading an artical showing cpu/gpu bottlenecks anything more like i5 i7 would be a waste with CF 4890.
HDTS1283 - Was recommened on a forum as on par if not better than Hyper212+ and was good price.
Crosshair IV - Lets me go X6 in the future, has 2x 16Bit PCI-E and ASUS Turbo thingy
Ripjaws - Best price i could find for C7 and solid brand
4890 - Great card imo and my son already has one so I'm planning CF when he wants 58xx.
HAF922 - Nice price and GREAT reviews, HAF932 might have been overkill.
850PSU - Read around and I think its a little (100w) over what I'll need but reasonable price and modular/quiet.
SSD - Well just because, Id like to think this was my little treat and I think its a nice drive.
116 NEW AMD Phenom II X4 965 BLACK EDITION OEM (EBay)
024 NEW XIGMATEK SCORPION HDT-S1283 COOLER (EBay)
163 NEW Crosshair IV Formula AMD 890FX Socket AM3 DDR3 Motherboard (Ginger6)
090 USED G.Skill Ripjaws 4GB PC3-12800 1600Mhz CL7-7-7-24 DDR3 (EBay)
125 USED XFX ATi Radeon HD 4890 1GB GDDR5 HDMI PCIE Graphic Card (EBay)
065 USED Coolermaster HAF 922 (EBay)
080 USED 850W Be Quiet Dark Power PSU (EBay)
080 USED Samsung PB22-J 64GB 2.5" SATA-II Solid State Hard Drive (EBay)
743 Total (inc alot of postage ^^)
So as it arrives and I set it up I'll hopefully keep a log here about whats happened so maybe some other soul can benifit from it. The other option is I'll be having so much fun I'll forget; if that happens my apollogies
Currently, there are 2444 Active Users (446 Members and 1998 Guests)
- › Official- Heatkiller Club 8 seconds ago
- › Acoustic treatment for room. 1 minute ago
- › CRYORIG Fan & Cooler Club; R1 Ult, R1 Uni, C1, H5, XF140 & XT140 1 minute ago
- › AMD Ryzen Motherboard Thread 1 minute ago
- › My experience with the Asus PRIME X370-Pro 1 minute ago
- › [Various] 6C Coffee Lake Lineup: i7-8700K & i5-8600K / CPU-Z +... 2 minutes ago
- › EK releases new Vardar EVO fans with 0dB technology 2 minutes ago
- › ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme X399 ThreadRipper Overclocking / Support 3 minutes ago
- › Problem with EVGA 1080 TI Black SC Gaming Artifacts 3 minutes ago
- › [PCGamesN]AMD RX Vega’s pricing was “not just for launch, but ongoing” 3 minutes ago
- › Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2 1 LGA 2011 Processor - BX80619I73930K by powerhouse
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › ID-COOLING SE214L Snow Edition CPU Heatsink by DaveLT
- › Team Dark 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200)... by ADmodz
- › Logitech Wireless Keyboard K360 (Dark Silver) (920-003366) by enes13mes
- › PDF Studio 12 - Advanced PDF Editor for Windows - Pro Edition... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Brand New Fujitsu ScanSnap ix500 Portable Document Scanner... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Tecware Phantom Backlit Mechanical Keyboard (Red / White Backlit... by DaveLT
- › Allsop XL Mouse Pad- Raindrop Blue by neilyo
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...