PC is pretty hard to buy used games, seeing as there is usually DRM and a cd-key needed, so i put this in the general because, even though most of us have wicked computers for gaming, do u buy used portable/console games?
NO why? because any game i really want i buy at launch, games i dont buy at launch tend to drop in price and i pick them up, although unless i see a steal of a deal ill buy it used, example, i got halo reach for $15 a month after release.
other wise i would rather just by new, or off steam. Seeing as most game places sell the used games for 5-10 less, id rather just buy new, however i went to the mall today and saw at gamestop that there used game selection was growing and there new section (for 360) was shrinking, implying that more people are trading in and buying new, not used
but as even console games are going in the direction where you need to purchase a special code at a extended price if u buy pre-owned and wish to play multiplayer, and as this world is going more digital, the days of stores like EBgames/gamestop are coming to an end.
Although me personally, i always buy a game at full price i want a physical copy.
Consoles have games on demand now, and arcade games and such, so you can skip the trip to the mall.
I believe that there will always be a place for disk/hardcopy/ printed boxes with a download code inside, which to me means places like future shop and such will always have there game selection, seeing as FS doesnt sell used, i see these sections shrinking in the new few years.
what are your thoughts?
edit: by new safty, i mean the safty of buying a new game, not having to worry about scratches, keys, ect
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 1962 Active Users (300 Members and 1662 Guests)
- › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 1080 Owner's Club 2 minutes ago
- › ASUS X299 Motherboard Series - Official Support Thread 3 minutes ago
- › *Official* Intel DDR4 24/7 Memory Stability Thread 4 minutes ago
- › OCN Aquaero Owners Club 4 minutes ago
- › [PCG/Hexus] DDR5 memory is twice as fast as DDR4 and slated for 2019 7 minutes ago
- › [Build Log] The Little Project - Dell Dimension E521 7 minutes ago
- › Considering DA Elite BUT > Razer Synapse 2.0 9 minutes ago
- › [WCCF] AMD Announces 2nd Gen Ryzen & Vega Coming Next Year On 12nm 10 minutes ago
- › [Official] Path of Exile Information and Discussion Thread 11 minutes ago
- › [PCWorld] AMD Radeon phases out the CrossFire brand as multi-GPU... 16 minutes ago
- › Phanteks PH-F140MP_BBK_PWM 140mm fan by AlphaC
- › Seasonic Flagship PRIME SERIES SSR-1200PD 1200W PLATINUM FULL... by mllrkllr88
- › Corsair Obsidian 750D Computer Case With Side Panel Window by The_Rocker
- › Asus Xonar Essence STX 124 dB SNR / Headphone AMP Card by The_Rocker
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by The_Rocker
- › Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.3GHz LGA 2011-v3 140W... by foofer1233
- › Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2 1 LGA 2011 Processor - BX80619I73930K by powerhouse
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › ID-COOLING SE214L Snow Edition CPU Heatsink by DaveLT
- › Hands-On: TCL 55″ P-Series 4K HDR TV is...
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...