So, if anyone is interested to know...
A few weeks ago, the brakes on the rear axle of my truck [1990 F-150] started squeaking. Thinking the brake shoes had worn down to the rivets, I started cursing, as I didn't have the money on hand to afford new shoes [or so I thought].
I went to the Pep Boys website to see what they charged for brake shoes for my truck, and their site told me $45 per shoe. At 2 shoes per wheel and two wheels, that was about $180 before tax.
Anyway, fast forward to saturday. I finally had the $200 or so to drop on new shoes, and I'm closer to an advance than a pep boys. So I drop in, and they have all four shoes [re-manufactured, but guaranteed for like 2 years] for just $15.
Needless to say, I was happy =)
So, I get home, and take the brakes apart. Now, imagine a three dimensional puzzle. Just add three high tension springs and the fact that your life can depend on you not screwing up, and things can get frustrating. Fast. After about two hours messing with the driver side brake assembly, I finally get the shoes replaced. One down, one to go.
Now that I had an idea as to what I was doing, the second wheel only took about 40 min. But my brakes have stopped squeaking, and they actually work too!
Twas an interesting experience.
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2319 Active Users (423 Members and 1896 Guests)
- › NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti Owner's Club 16 seconds ago
- › Samsung 960 PRO / EVO Owners Club 19 seconds ago
- › Vega Frontier / RX Vega Owners/Info thread. 32 seconds ago
- › Upgrading To A New PSU (Need Help/Advice) 1 minute ago
- › [Build Log] Project Frost - Case-Labs THW10 | X99 Watercooled | i7... 1 minute ago
- › My experience with the Asus PRIME X370-Pro 1 minute ago
- › Fiji Bios Editing ( Fury / Fury X / Nano / Radeon Pro Duo ) 1 minute ago
- › PCI-e x1 USB risers: What am I looking for? 3 minutes ago
- › [Official] OCN Headphones and Earphones Club 3 minutes ago
- › Cannot overclock my 5960X - plenty of features to do so. 3 minutes ago
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › ID-COOLING SE214L Snow Edition CPU Heatsink by DaveLT
- › Team Dark 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200)... by ADmodz
- › Logitech Wireless Keyboard K360 (Dark Silver) (920-003366) by enes13mes
- › PDF Studio 12 - Advanced PDF Editor for Windows - Pro Edition... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Brand New Fujitsu ScanSnap ix500 Portable Document Scanner... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Tecware Phantom Backlit Mechanical Keyboard (Red / White Backlit... by DaveLT
- › Allsop XL Mouse Pad- Raindrop Blue by neilyo
- › Manjaro Linux XFCE 64bit (Latest Version) Arch based linux by AlphaC
- › Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming K7 AM4 AMD X370 RGB FUSION SMART FAN 5... by Radical Vision
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...