Of course, my plans changed. Hopefully for the better. As it turns out, it was time for my Sapphire HD 4850 to start artifacting and fail stability tests at stock clocks. After many various attempts to make it un-dead, it finally just died and doesnt work any more. Baw. Back to my faithful 3650...oh and 60 fps in Source games :swearing: .
That of course added cost to my set upgrade plans, and so I just said screw it, Im starting over, and I decided to opt for the 1156 socket and the assorted required accouterments.
The brand new parts list:
-NZXT M59 ATX Case
-WD Green 500GB SATA HDD
(Same old same old)
-Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4P 1156 ATX Mobo
-Intel i5-750 Lynnfield 2.66GHz Processor
-4 Gigs (2x2) OCZ DDR3 1600 XMP-Ready Rev.2 Memory (OCZ3X1600R2LV4GK)
-XFX HD 5770 1GB GDDR5 GPU
Should be kinda fun...Im hoping for good results.
This will change my planned future upgrade path to something different, and so probably in this order:
-Lights, controller panel, fans, case mod.
-Add second 5770 for CFX (Or 5800 series card...or whatever Nvidia pumps out)
-Upgrade processor to i7 and get a heatsink...(suggestions anyone?)
-Hard drive. More of it.
-More RAM/higher performing RAM.
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 1726 Active Users (236 Members and 1490 Guests)
- › Trying to find a decent tv stand for a 55 inch that goes high,... 1 minute ago
- › [Official] - X58 Xeon Club - 2 minutes ago
- › 8700 K mother board? 2 minutes ago
- › [VIDEOCARDZ] AMD has revealed the latest roadmap for Ryzen... 2 minutes ago
- › [GURU3D] Battlefield: Bad Company 3 is Coming in 2018 3 minutes ago
- › [FB] Dismal 'Battlefront 2' Sales. At 20% Of 'Call of Duty: WWII'... 6 minutes ago
- › ASUS X99 Motherboard Series - Official Support Thread (North... 7 minutes ago
- › Logitech announces G903 and G703 mice with "POWERPLAY" wireless... 7 minutes ago
- › [Techspot] Opinion: The dawn of gigabit connectivity 8 minutes ago
- › [TorrentFreak] Assassins Creed Origin DRM Hammers Gamers’ CPUs 8 minutes ago
- › Intel Broadwell Core i7-5775C 3.3 4 NA BX80658i75775C by TwilightRavens
- › Cougar Revenger S by vanir1337
- › Intel Core i7-4770K LGA1150 by gonX
- › Toshiba P300 3TB by TwoCables
- › AIM SC808 by Morti
- › Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming by vMax65
- › INTEL Core i5-8600K by vMax65
- › Ninox Venator - Black by vanir1337
- › Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-650FX 650W 80+ Gold ATX12V &... by AlphaC
- › Tt eSPORTS Ventus R by vanir1337
- › Hands-On: TCL 55″ P-Series 4K HDR TV is...
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...