Let's backtrack to about a week ago, maybe, about 10 days ago.
Here I am, sitting in front of my computer doing absolutely nothing, just killing time. I get a phone call from my dad saying that this school has this program in Biomedical Technology and this school is located just down the street from me. I was like "K dad, I'll check out the school, but if I do enroll, I'm not doing the Biomed Tech."
Shortly after, I get on the website and see that they have an AS in Computer Networking and Security. So, I decide to request some more information. Literally within 4 hours of sending in my info, a representative called.
I sat down and talked with him. Guy seemed really friendly, and the overall environment was overflowing with great people. I talked to his boss for a bit, before making up my mind to sign the papers. Both were extremely funny people with great senses of humor. Really easy to talk to.
We finally get tot he financial aid portion, and met quite possibly the best person in the staff. She is a mom about the same age as my mom and has a son just older than me. If you guys really wanna see my funny side, you have to talk to me in person. I mean, her boss walked into the cubicle asking what was so funny when she overheard us 3 laughing, my mom was with me as well.
But, the financial aid is where I'm stuck at now. I need about $5,000 to complete the $30,000 I need for this school and asked my uncle to cosign on a loan. He seemed very concerned as to why this school is so expensive. He then proceeded to ask if this school was accredited by the 4 main accreditation institutes, and that's what caused me to doubt this decision.
This school is not accredited by enough for me to go through with this. I can't believe I overlooked this one fact. I was about to sign over about $20,000 in loans for a school that isn't accredited and for a degree that may or may not be accepted by larger companies. With this new information, I'm gonna cancel the whole deal and look into some bigger, more well known schools.
I'm just really confused now. I was so enthused to go back to school, but now I need to pull out. Well, now I have to do more research before blindly jumping in head first into a school.
For those who want to know, the school's name is Brown Mackie College.
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2424 Active Users (405 Members and 2019 Guests)
- › What's the deal with OCCT: Large Data Set? 31 seconds ago
- › ASUS X99 Motherboard Series - Official Support Thread (North... 3 minutes ago
- › [OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club 4 minutes ago
- › [Asus] PG35VQ - 35" Swift G-Sync, 3440x1440, HDR, 200HZ Display 4 minutes ago
- › Wich CPU should I buy? 1950X, 7940X or 7960X 5 minutes ago
- › Soundless Devil 7 minutes ago
- › CPU cooling in 2017: AIO vs Air cooling? 8 minutes ago
- › December 2017 Foldathon: Monday 18th - Wednesday 20th - 1200... 8 minutes ago
- › [TH]Seagate To Double HDD Speed With Multi-Actuator Technology 9 minutes ago
- › [twitter] Titan V revealed. 9 minutes ago
- › Intel Broadwell Core i7-5775C 3.3 4 NA BX80658i75775C by TwilightRavens
- › Cougar Revenger S by vanir1337
- › Intel Core i7-4770K LGA1150 by gonX
- › Toshiba P300 3TB by TwoCables
- › AIM SC808 by Morti
- › Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming by vMax65
- › INTEL Core i5-8600K by vMax65
- › Ninox Venator - Black by vanir1337
- › Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-650FX 650W 80+ Gold ATX12V &... by AlphaC
- › Tt eSPORTS Ventus R by vanir1337
- › Hands-On: TCL 55″ P-Series 4K HDR TV is...
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...