FLASH GPU BIOS FROM CD
Don't have a floppy or a thumb drive, and you still want to flash your GPU BIOS? Well here is a guide I put together to accomplish just that.
All flashes are at your own risk and I take no responsibility for any damage done. Knowledge on how to use NVflash and NiBiTor is assumed.
- CD-RW Drive
- Blank RW Disc
Download All Tools First
1 - Find a BIOS you want to flash your card with and backup your original BIOS with NiBitor. Have both files on the desktop. I will refer to them as flash.rom and original.rom
2 - Extract the file from the nvflash.rar archive to the desktop. This is a DOS image with nvflash preloaded onto it suitable for burning to a CD so it can boot into DOS. It opens with WinImage. Open it.
3 - Now that you have the file open you want to inject your BIOS files into it. You do this by going Image>Inject and selecting your BIOS files. It should look like this afterwards.
Go File>Save As and name it "boot" and MAKE SURE to save it as an IMA file type, it defaults to IMZ. Save it to desktop Create a New Folder on the desktop also named "boot" and move the IMA you just saved into it.
4 - Now open ImgBurn. At the top click Mode>Build then click the Advanced tab then click the Bootable Disc tab. You should be here.
Click Make Image Bootable for the Boot Image select the IMA you saved which is in the boot folder on your desktop. On the left under Source click the Folder Icon which is the third one down and below the magnifying glass. Select the "Boot" folder you have on the desktop. The one with the IMA in it.
It looks like this now.
Now click the folder -> CD icon at the bottom. Say Yes and OK to all the pop-ups. It then burns the IMA to your CD.
5 - Now go to your BIOS and set first boot device as CD ROM and restart. It will now boot from the CD into a DOS mode.
You can use nvflash as normal. If you want more BIOSES to flash from just inject more BIOS files in Step 3.
If you want a different version of nvflash just replace the nvflash file(s) in the nvflash.IMA
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 3522 Active Users (779 Members and 2743 Guests)
- › My very own browser game 11 seconds ago
- › Are my temperatures safe? 39 seconds ago
- › [Official] Nvidia GTX 980 Ti Owners Club 48 seconds ago
- › [OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club 58 seconds ago
- › Max Audio to Quiet Help? 1 minute ago
- › Xeon X5670 - 4.2Ghz on Air Cooling 1 minute ago
- › XFX Double Dissipation r9 290x "Artifacting" 1 minute ago
- › How To: Remove Anti-Glare Coating from a Dell U2312HM Monitor (and... 1 minute ago
- › [Various] Nvidia GTX 980Ti reviews 2 minutes ago
- › [BUILD LOG} Southern Persuasion - Caselabs S3 (Acrylic Build, Full... 2 minutes ago
- › Zowie Gear Gaming Mouse Pad (P-SR) by Arizonian
- › G430 Gaming Headset - Black by marcatomdrummer
- › Seagate Cheetah 15K.7 300GB 3.5"" SAS 6Gb/s Internal Hard... by RockeyDA
- › Seagate Barracuda XT 4TB ST4000DM000 by Warpcore
- › ZOWIE GEAR ZA12 GAMING MOUSE by Arizonian
- › Roccat Taito - Shiny Black Gaming Mousepad. ROCCAT TAITO MID-SIZE... by Arizonian
- › Kingston HyperX Savage 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866... by WilliamGayde
- › Corsair Vengeance C70 Gaming Case by ciaran 2110
- › GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD... by SicWizard
- › XTRAC PADS Ripper Optical Mouse pad by inedenimadam
- › How To - Fix Intel CPU + Geforce GTX SLI -...
- › The GTX 780 TI SLI - End of Life -...
- › I need some help with Overclock
- › How to raid 0 on 2 x SSD or 2 x HDD as...
- › Overclocking Ram - Crucial Ballistix Sport...
- › The Big VR Face-Off
- › Kingston Hyper X Fury Black 2x8GB 1600mhz Cl10
- › A collection of thoughts about graphics cards...
- › Intel Haswell CPU review - Core i7 4790K,...
- › Seasonic Fanless PSU Noise