FLASH GPU BIOS FROM CD
Don't have a floppy or a thumb drive, and you still want to flash your GPU BIOS? Well here is a guide I put together to accomplish just that.
All flashes are at your own risk and I take no responsibility for any damage done. Knowledge on how to use NVflash and NiBiTor is assumed.
- CD-RW Drive
- Blank RW Disc
Download All Tools First
1 - Find a BIOS you want to flash your card with and backup your original BIOS with NiBitor. Have both files on the desktop. I will refer to them as flash.rom and original.rom
2 - Extract the file from the nvflash.rar archive to the desktop. This is a DOS image with nvflash preloaded onto it suitable for burning to a CD so it can boot into DOS. It opens with WinImage. Open it.
3 - Now that you have the file open you want to inject your BIOS files into it. You do this by going Image>Inject and selecting your BIOS files. It should look like this afterwards.
Go File>Save As and name it "boot" and MAKE SURE to save it as an IMA file type, it defaults to IMZ. Save it to desktop Create a New Folder on the desktop also named "boot" and move the IMA you just saved into it.
4 - Now open ImgBurn. At the top click Mode>Build then click the Advanced tab then click the Bootable Disc tab. You should be here.
Click Make Image Bootable for the Boot Image select the IMA you saved which is in the boot folder on your desktop. On the left under Source click the Folder Icon which is the third one down and below the magnifying glass. Select the "Boot" folder you have on the desktop. The one with the IMA in it.
It looks like this now.
Now click the folder -> CD icon at the bottom. Say Yes and OK to all the pop-ups. It then burns the IMA to your CD.
5 - Now go to your BIOS and set first boot device as CD ROM and restart. It will now boot from the CD into a DOS mode.
You can use nvflash as normal. If you want more BIOSES to flash from just inject more BIOS files in Step 3.
If you want a different version of nvflash just replace the nvflash file(s) in the nvflash.IMA
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 3092 Active Users (622 Members and 2470 Guests)
- › Free stuff - NYC/Long Island 31 seconds ago
- › [Sponsored] -------- "MONOCHROME" -------- 45 seconds ago
- › The downside of using a Phase change and/or extreme cooling 47 seconds ago
- › [TT] MGS: Ground Zero capped at 60 FPS 1 minute ago
- › help with surround? 1 minute ago
- › HD 4850 upgrade 1 minute ago
- › Xbox One Owners Club 1 minute ago
- › [Official] Playstation 4 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › [BBC] Apple 'failing to protect Chinese factory workers' 2 minutes ago
- › bst's gaming mouse 2 minutes ago
- › CORSAIR Hydro Series H100i Water Cooler by MunchenOC
- › Far Cry 4 by Thready
- › Corsair Commander Mini by aka13
- › Phanteks PH-TC14PE_BK by geggeg
- › AOC E1759fwu 17-Inch Class, USB 3.0 Powered, Portable LCD / LED... by WilliamGayde
- › MSI Z97-Gaming 5 ATX Intel Motherboard by MunchenOC
- › ACER 28IN LED 3840X2160 B286HK YMJDPPRZ HDMI DVI BLK 2MS /... by Ironman517
- › Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 CC-9011034-WLED Computer Case by bilbs84
- › EK Waterblocks EK-FC770 GTX - Nickel by bilbs84
- › Phobya Balancer 250 Silver Nickel by bilbs84
- › Editors Pick Deals - Black Friday 2014
- › How to Solder Electronics
- › Broken CM Storm Xornet scroll wheel
- › A Troubling Trend
- › The Truth About FPS
- › My First Case Mod!
- › GPU and CPU power connections
- › A Guide on how to fix Heat Problems
- › [Linux] How to enable backlight control and...
- › How To: Activate a 2012/2012 R2 Virtual Machine