FLASH GPU BIOS FROM CD
Don't have a floppy or a thumb drive, and you still want to flash your GPU BIOS? Well here is a guide I put together to accomplish just that.
All flashes are at your own risk and I take no responsibility for any damage done. Knowledge on how to use NVflash and NiBiTor is assumed.
- CD-RW Drive
- Blank RW Disc
Download All Tools First
1 - Find a BIOS you want to flash your card with and backup your original BIOS with NiBitor. Have both files on the desktop. I will refer to them as flash.rom and original.rom
2 - Extract the file from the nvflash.rar archive to the desktop. This is a DOS image with nvflash preloaded onto it suitable for burning to a CD so it can boot into DOS. It opens with WinImage. Open it.
3 - Now that you have the file open you want to inject your BIOS files into it. You do this by going Image>Inject and selecting your BIOS files. It should look like this afterwards.
Go File>Save As and name it "boot" and MAKE SURE to save it as an IMA file type, it defaults to IMZ. Save it to desktop Create a New Folder on the desktop also named "boot" and move the IMA you just saved into it.
4 - Now open ImgBurn. At the top click Mode>Build then click the Advanced tab then click the Bootable Disc tab. You should be here.
Click Make Image Bootable for the Boot Image select the IMA you saved which is in the boot folder on your desktop. On the left under Source click the Folder Icon which is the third one down and below the magnifying glass. Select the "Boot" folder you have on the desktop. The one with the IMA in it.
It looks like this now.
Now click the folder -> CD icon at the bottom. Say Yes and OK to all the pop-ups. It then burns the IMA to your CD.
5 - Now go to your BIOS and set first boot device as CD ROM and restart. It will now boot from the CD into a DOS mode.
You can use nvflash as normal. If you want more BIOSES to flash from just inject more BIOS files in Step 3.
If you want a different version of nvflash just replace the nvflash file(s) in the nvflash.IMA
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2330 Active Users (388 Members and 1942 Guests)
- › Windows 10 effects on mice? 52 seconds ago
- › Highest DPI claw grip mouse???` 1 minute ago
- › [Official] EVGA Classified & K|NGP|N Owner's Club 1 minute ago
- › [sponsored]---Brightness--- 1 minute ago
- › Noctua NH-D15 Club 2 minutes ago
- › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 970 Owner's Club 3 minutes ago
- › Club for those with beastly mATX/ITX rigs. 4 minutes ago
- › [BUILD LOG] Southern Persuasion - Caselabs S3 (Acrylic Build, Full... 5 minutes ago
- › [Official] AMD R9 290X / 290 Owners Club 5 minutes ago
- › [BitsAndChips]Future Zen APU with 32 cores, HBM and 400-series IGP... 6 minutes ago
- › NZXT Sentry 3 by Said Nobody
- › ROCCAT Lua Tri-Button Gaming Mouse (ROC-11-310) by Elektro
- › Razer Tartarus Gaming Keypad by PlebBob
- › Creative T4W 2.1 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker System by WilliamGayde
- › Razer Orochi Elite Mobile Gaming Mouse by PlebBob
- › Sapphire Radeon VAPOR-X R9 270X 2GB GDDR5 DVI-I/DVI-D/HDMI/DP with... by WorldOfMine
- › Rosewill ATX Mid Tower Black Gaming Computer Case Galaxy-01 by WorldOfMine
- › Intel Core i3-4370 3.8GHz LGA 1150 Desktop Processor by WorldOfMine
- › Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800) Desktop by Nfsdude0125
- › Alienware 15 ANW15-5350SLV 15.6" i7-4710HQ 16GB 128GB SSD +... by bluehawaiiASTR
- › BenQ FP241W not working with certain games.
- › Grand Theft Auto V build 393.2 - Performance...
- › The Witcher 3 v1.06 - Performance Test
- › How To - Fix Intel CPU + Geforce GTX SLI -...
- › The GTX 780 TI SLI - End of Life -...
- › I need some help with Overclock
- › How to raid 0 on 2 x SSD or 2 x HDD as...
- › Overclocking Ram - Crucial Ballistix Sport...
- › The Big VR Face-Off
- › Kingston Hyper X Fury Black 2x8GB 1600mhz Cl10