FLASH GPU BIOS FROM CD
Don't have a floppy or a thumb drive, and you still want to flash your GPU BIOS? Well here is a guide I put together to accomplish just that.
All flashes are at your own risk and I take no responsibility for any damage done. Knowledge on how to use NVflash and NiBiTor is assumed.
- CD-RW Drive
- Blank RW Disc
Download All Tools First
1 - Find a BIOS you want to flash your card with and backup your original BIOS with NiBitor. Have both files on the desktop. I will refer to them as flash.rom and original.rom
2 - Extract the file from the nvflash.rar archive to the desktop. This is a DOS image with nvflash preloaded onto it suitable for burning to a CD so it can boot into DOS. It opens with WinImage. Open it.
3 - Now that you have the file open you want to inject your BIOS files into it. You do this by going Image>Inject and selecting your BIOS files. It should look like this afterwards.
Go File>Save As and name it "boot" and MAKE SURE to save it as an IMA file type, it defaults to IMZ. Save it to desktop Create a New Folder on the desktop also named "boot" and move the IMA you just saved into it.
4 - Now open ImgBurn. At the top click Mode>Build then click the Advanced tab then click the Bootable Disc tab. You should be here.
Click Make Image Bootable for the Boot Image select the IMA you saved which is in the boot folder on your desktop. On the left under Source click the Folder Icon which is the third one down and below the magnifying glass. Select the "Boot" folder you have on the desktop. The one with the IMA in it.
It looks like this now.
Now click the folder -> CD icon at the bottom. Say Yes and OK to all the pop-ups. It then burns the IMA to your CD.
5 - Now go to your BIOS and set first boot device as CD ROM and restart. It will now boot from the CD into a DOS mode.
You can use nvflash as normal. If you want more BIOSES to flash from just inject more BIOS files in Step 3.
If you want a different version of nvflash just replace the nvflash file(s) in the nvflash.IMA
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2491 Active Users (547 Members and 1944 Guests)
- › Is 750 watt powerful enough for this? 17 seconds ago
- › [Official] Delidded Club / Guide 27 seconds ago
- › [OFFICIAL] Videos of your Games thread! 1 minute ago
- › Intel Pentium G3258 Performance and Owners Club NOW with GTX 970 2 minutes ago
- › Any rock band 3 owners? 2 minutes ago
- › OCN RAM Addict Club-Gallery 2 minutes ago
- › [DSOG] Oxide Developer, “NVIDIA Was Putting Pressure On Us To... 2 minutes ago
- › Corsair 350D Owners Club 4 minutes ago
- › [TrustedReviews] Dell Unveils First Curved 27in and 1440p/144Hz... 4 minutes ago
- › Athlon 860K, any one picking it up? 4 minutes ago
- › Samsung U28E850R 28.0 inch Widescreen 1,000:1 1ms... by Hattifnatten
- › COOLER MASTER HAF X nVidia Edition NV-942-KKN1 Computer Case by wrath04
- › Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3 GHz 6 MB Cache Socket LGA1155 Processor by Niobium
- › Cooler Master Nepton 280L - Water Cooling System with Dual JetFlo... by Thetbrett
- › Intel Core i7-960 Processor 3.20 GHz 8 MB Cache Socket LGA1366 by AlienPrime173
- › Microsoft Windows 10 Home | Download by Gregsta
- › Nixeus MODA v2 MK-BL15 Compact Mechanical Keyboard - Blue Switch... by Ramzinho
- › Intel Core i7-870 Processor 2.93 GHz 8 MB Cache Socket LGA1156 by HeadlessKnight
- › Zowie Gear Large Gaming Mouse Pad (G-SR) by Ino.
- › Zowie GTF-X by Ino.
- › Need some help figuring out some sound settings
- › I need help with water cooling on my computer.
- › Overclock Labs - Community Review Program...
- › P5K-VM chassis intrusion hardware fix
- › overcloking gtx 770 lightning
- › Regarding CSGO MouseMovementRecorder
- › Dangerous Things: xNTi NFC Tag Implants
- › Grand Theft Auto V build 393.2 - Performance...
- › The Witcher 3 v1.06 - Performance Test
- › How To - Fix Intel CPU + Geforce GTX SLI -...