FLASH GPU BIOS FROM CD
Don't have a floppy or a thumb drive, and you still want to flash your GPU BIOS? Well here is a guide I put together to accomplish just that.
All flashes are at your own risk and I take no responsibility for any damage done. Knowledge on how to use NVflash and NiBiTor is assumed.
- CD-RW Drive
- Blank RW Disc
Download All Tools First
1 - Find a BIOS you want to flash your card with and backup your original BIOS with NiBitor. Have both files on the desktop. I will refer to them as flash.rom and original.rom
2 - Extract the file from the nvflash.rar archive to the desktop. This is a DOS image with nvflash preloaded onto it suitable for burning to a CD so it can boot into DOS. It opens with WinImage. Open it.
3 - Now that you have the file open you want to inject your BIOS files into it. You do this by going Image>Inject and selecting your BIOS files. It should look like this afterwards.
Go File>Save As and name it "boot" and MAKE SURE to save it as an IMA file type, it defaults to IMZ. Save it to desktop Create a New Folder on the desktop also named "boot" and move the IMA you just saved into it.
4 - Now open ImgBurn. At the top click Mode>Build then click the Advanced tab then click the Bootable Disc tab. You should be here.
Click Make Image Bootable for the Boot Image select the IMA you saved which is in the boot folder on your desktop. On the left under Source click the Folder Icon which is the third one down and below the magnifying glass. Select the "Boot" folder you have on the desktop. The one with the IMA in it.
It looks like this now.
Now click the folder -> CD icon at the bottom. Say Yes and OK to all the pop-ups. It then burns the IMA to your CD.
5 - Now go to your BIOS and set first boot device as CD ROM and restart. It will now boot from the CD into a DOS mode.
You can use nvflash as normal. If you want more BIOSES to flash from just inject more BIOS files in Step 3.
If you want a different version of nvflash just replace the nvflash file(s) in the nvflash.IMA
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 3482 Active Users (918 Members and 2564 Guests)
- › [Massdrop] TEX Cherry MX O-rings, $9.99 USD 7 seconds ago
- › EK Club 30 seconds ago
- › [Various] Nvidia GTX 980 / 970 reviews (NDA not lifted yet) 37 seconds ago
- › The Socket 939 Appreciation Club and Knowledgebase [Official] 57 seconds ago
- › Asus PB287Q 4k 60hz 28" 1 minute ago
- › The NZXT H-Series Club (H630, H440, H230) 2 minutes ago
- › ASUS Z97 Republic of Gamers Motherboard Owner's Club 2 minutes ago
- › [Scratch Build] Gardnerphotos' G5 mini 2 minutes ago
- › 8350 OC on the Stock Cooler 4.4ghz! 2 minutes ago
- › Asus Rampage V Extreme Owners thread 2 minutes ago
- › Kingsing S2 Mtk6582 Quad Core Phone White by voodooxxx
- › Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler (RR-212E-20PK-R1) by Gavush
- › Thermaltake V3 Black Edition VL80001W2Z Computer Case With Side... by Gavush
- › Corsair K70 RGB Mechanical Keyboard (Cherry MX Red) by Sideways8LV
- › EPSON WorkForce 630 Wireless InkJet MFC / All-In-One Color Printer... by Thready
- › Logitech G600 by The Andoxico
- › Audioengine B1 Premium Bluetooth Music Receiver by WilliamGayde
- › Cooler Master Seidon 120V - PC CPU Liquid Water Cooling System,... by DaUn3rD0g
- › 120GB SSDNOW V300 SATA 3 2.5 W/ADAPTER by Crazycuda
- › LG Nexus 5 D820 16GB Unlocked GSM 4G LTE Quad-Core Android... by Thready
- › How to Solder Electronics
- › Broken CM Storm Xornet scroll wheel
- › A Troubling Trend
- › The Truth About FPS
- › My First Case Mod!
- › GPU and CPU power connections
- › A Guide on how to fix Heat Problems
- › [Linux] How to enable backlight control and...
- › How To: Activate a 2012/2012 R2 Virtual Machine
- › Really long term project: Conversion from...