FLASH GPU BIOS FROM CD
Don't have a floppy or a thumb drive, and you still want to flash your GPU BIOS? Well here is a guide I put together to accomplish just that.
All flashes are at your own risk and I take no responsibility for any damage done. Knowledge on how to use NVflash and NiBiTor is assumed.
- CD-RW Drive
- Blank RW Disc
Download All Tools First
1 - Find a BIOS you want to flash your card with and backup your original BIOS with NiBitor. Have both files on the desktop. I will refer to them as flash.rom and original.rom
2 - Extract the file from the nvflash.rar archive to the desktop. This is a DOS image with nvflash preloaded onto it suitable for burning to a CD so it can boot into DOS. It opens with WinImage. Open it.
3 - Now that you have the file open you want to inject your BIOS files into it. You do this by going Image>Inject and selecting your BIOS files. It should look like this afterwards.
Go File>Save As and name it "boot" and MAKE SURE to save it as an IMA file type, it defaults to IMZ. Save it to desktop Create a New Folder on the desktop also named "boot" and move the IMA you just saved into it.
4 - Now open ImgBurn. At the top click Mode>Build then click the Advanced tab then click the Bootable Disc tab. You should be here.
Click Make Image Bootable for the Boot Image select the IMA you saved which is in the boot folder on your desktop. On the left under Source click the Folder Icon which is the third one down and below the magnifying glass. Select the "Boot" folder you have on the desktop. The one with the IMA in it.
It looks like this now.
Now click the folder -> CD icon at the bottom. Say Yes and OK to all the pop-ups. It then burns the IMA to your CD.
5 - Now go to your BIOS and set first boot device as CD ROM and restart. It will now boot from the CD into a DOS mode.
You can use nvflash as normal. If you want more BIOSES to flash from just inject more BIOS files in Step 3.
If you want a different version of nvflash just replace the nvflash file(s) in the nvflash.IMA
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2238 Active Users (392 Members and 1846 Guests)
- › Whats wrong with my Windows? 2 minutes ago
- › Logitech Read This! Please 3 minutes ago
- › Getting the most out of Y510P 5 minutes ago
- › [EK] MSI GTX 970 Gaming Block For Sale NOW! 7 minutes ago
- › [Official] Nvidia GeForce GTX TITAN X Owners Club 8 minutes ago
- › Zowie releases EC1-A and EC2-A 8 minutes ago
- › Refreshed Sensei with optical sensor please! 8 minutes ago
- › System Hanging If USB Devices Plugged In 9 minutes ago
- › Logitech G303 Daedalus Apex Gaming Mouse 9 minutes ago
- › 4K vs 21:9 monitors 10 minutes ago
- › AMD FX-8300 FD8300WMW8KHK CPU Processor 3.3GHz (Max 4.2GHz) 8-core... by Agent Smith1984
- › ASRock Fatal1ty 970 Performance AM3+/AM3 Super Alloy Motherboard by Agent Smith1984
- › Philips Fidelio X1/28 Premium Over-Ear Headphones by 8bitG33k
- › GeForce GTX Titan X by DimmyK
- › Logitech's G710+ Mechanical Keyboard by obikenobi27
- › Razer DeathAdder Chroma - Multi-Color Ergonomic Gaming Mouse by obikenobi27
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 by ghost_z
- › Sennheiser CX 3.00 Red In-Ear Canal Headphone by Nfsdude0125
- › Battlefield Hardline - PC by wes1099
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD900X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by WilliamGayde
- › GM releasing software that tattles on teen...
- › Seasonic Fanless PSU Noise
- › The Minecraft Server "Ok" Minimum
- › nVidia/AMD Graphics Cards BSOD 116/1033 Fix |...
- › To built a 4k monitor gaming rig - what type...
- › What Could Have Been - The PlayStation 4 APU
- › How to Get Linux Ubuntu Working with a GTX970...
- › The 2014 Year In Tech
- › Editors Pick Deals - Black Friday 2014
- › How to Solder Electronics