FLASH GPU BIOS FROM CD
Don't have a floppy or a thumb drive, and you still want to flash your GPU BIOS? Well here is a guide I put together to accomplish just that.
All flashes are at your own risk and I take no responsibility for any damage done. Knowledge on how to use NVflash and NiBiTor is assumed.
- CD-RW Drive
- Blank RW Disc
Download All Tools First
1 - Find a BIOS you want to flash your card with and backup your original BIOS with NiBitor. Have both files on the desktop. I will refer to them as flash.rom and original.rom
2 - Extract the file from the nvflash.rar archive to the desktop. This is a DOS image with nvflash preloaded onto it suitable for burning to a CD so it can boot into DOS. It opens with WinImage. Open it.
3 - Now that you have the file open you want to inject your BIOS files into it. You do this by going Image>Inject and selecting your BIOS files. It should look like this afterwards.
Go File>Save As and name it "boot" and MAKE SURE to save it as an IMA file type, it defaults to IMZ. Save it to desktop Create a New Folder on the desktop also named "boot" and move the IMA you just saved into it.
4 - Now open ImgBurn. At the top click Mode>Build then click the Advanced tab then click the Bootable Disc tab. You should be here.
Click Make Image Bootable for the Boot Image select the IMA you saved which is in the boot folder on your desktop. On the left under Source click the Folder Icon which is the third one down and below the magnifying glass. Select the "Boot" folder you have on the desktop. The one with the IMA in it.
It looks like this now.
Now click the folder -> CD icon at the bottom. Say Yes and OK to all the pop-ups. It then burns the IMA to your CD.
5 - Now go to your BIOS and set first boot device as CD ROM and restart. It will now boot from the CD into a DOS mode.
You can use nvflash as normal. If you want more BIOSES to flash from just inject more BIOS files in Step 3.
If you want a different version of nvflash just replace the nvflash file(s) in the nvflash.IMA
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 3412 Active Users (662 Members and 2750 Guests)
- › == Haswell-E Overclock Leaderboard & Owners Club == 19 seconds ago
- › Mayhems users club 19 seconds ago
- › My experience with Lossless vs lossy 22 seconds ago
- › [various] AMD FX-8370 and FX-8370E reviews 27 seconds ago
- › [WD] 4chan Hackers Build A Skype Not Controlled By Microsoft. 1 minute ago
- › [Official] - X58 Xeon Club - 1 minute ago
- › [NVIDIA] Game24 event on September 18. 1 minute ago
- › gtx 680 sli titanfall fps issues 1 minute ago
- › Rig advices needed, low budget, main usage gaming, also video encoding 1 minute ago
- › [VC] NVIDIA to skip GeForce 800 series, GeForce GTX 980 and GTX 970... 1 minute ago
- › Noctua NF-P14s redux 1500 PWM 140mm 1500 RPM 25.8 dBA 4-pin SSO by vallonen
- › NZXT HUE RGB Led Controller by abstiffler
- › NZXT Phantom 530 CA-PH530-W1 Computer Case With Side Panel Window by ldewitt
- › Razer Orbweaver Mechanical PC Gaming Keypad by Thready
- › Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3 GHz 6 MB Cache Socket LGA1155 Processor by SRICE4904
- › Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge-E 3.6GHz LGA 2011 by SRICE4904
- › COOLER MASTER CM Storm Series Trooper (SGC-5000-KKN1) Black... by CrazyElf
- › ZALMAN ZM-T2 Computer Case by M3nta1
- › SeaSonic SS-350ET Bronze 350W Power Supply by jsc1973
- › Crucial MX100 512GB SATA 2.5" 7mm (with 9.5mm adapter)... by Sensei Andrew
- › Broken CM Storm Xornet scroll wheel
- › A Troubling Trend
- › The Truth About FPS
- › My First Case Mod!
- › GPU and CPU power connections
- › A Guide on how to fix Heat Problems
- › [Linux] How to enable backlight control and...
- › How To: Activate a 2012/2012 R2 Virtual Machine
- › Really long term project: Conversion from...
- › What I expect from Nvidia's Maxwell -...