FLASH GPU BIOS FROM CD
Don't have a floppy or a thumb drive, and you still want to flash your GPU BIOS? Well here is a guide I put together to accomplish just that.
All flashes are at your own risk and I take no responsibility for any damage done. Knowledge on how to use NVflash and NiBiTor is assumed.
- CD-RW Drive
- Blank RW Disc
Download All Tools First
1 - Find a BIOS you want to flash your card with and backup your original BIOS with NiBitor. Have both files on the desktop. I will refer to them as flash.rom and original.rom
2 - Extract the file from the nvflash.rar archive to the desktop. This is a DOS image with nvflash preloaded onto it suitable for burning to a CD so it can boot into DOS. It opens with WinImage. Open it.
3 - Now that you have the file open you want to inject your BIOS files into it. You do this by going Image>Inject and selecting your BIOS files. It should look like this afterwards.
Go File>Save As and name it "boot" and MAKE SURE to save it as an IMA file type, it defaults to IMZ. Save it to desktop Create a New Folder on the desktop also named "boot" and move the IMA you just saved into it.
4 - Now open ImgBurn. At the top click Mode>Build then click the Advanced tab then click the Bootable Disc tab. You should be here.
Click Make Image Bootable for the Boot Image select the IMA you saved which is in the boot folder on your desktop. On the left under Source click the Folder Icon which is the third one down and below the magnifying glass. Select the "Boot" folder you have on the desktop. The one with the IMA in it.
It looks like this now.
Now click the folder -> CD icon at the bottom. Say Yes and OK to all the pop-ups. It then burns the IMA to your CD.
5 - Now go to your BIOS and set first boot device as CD ROM and restart. It will now boot from the CD into a DOS mode.
You can use nvflash as normal. If you want more BIOSES to flash from just inject more BIOS files in Step 3.
If you want a different version of nvflash just replace the nvflash file(s) in the nvflash.IMA
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2495 Active Users (437 Members and 2058 Guests)
- › Silverstone SFX Series PSU's (ST45SF-G/SX600-G) Owners Club 1 minute ago
- › Newegg Thanksgiving Deals. Now these are what I call "Deals"! 1 minute ago
- › [SWECLOCKERS] Broadwell is up to 3% faster clock for clock 2 minutes ago
- › [Official] Gigabyte GA-990XA/970A-Series Owners' Club & Help Thread... 2 minutes ago
- › [gamegpu] Dragon Age Inquisition GPU test 3 minutes ago
- › [Official] Case Labs Owners Club 3 minutes ago
- › Usbport.sys causes high DPC latency (And keeps increasing... 3 minutes ago
- › [Hexus] Ubisoft says that early reviews of The Crew won't be accurate 4 minutes ago
- › [Official] Dark Souls II for PC Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Which way do I go, which way do I go? 6 minutes ago
- › APEVIA X-Sniper X-SNIPER2-GN Computer Case With Side Panel Window by darkapollo
- › Noppoo "Lolita" Red Backlight Edition w/ Noppoo's... by DatLoudTyper
- › ROCCAT Kone Pure Core Performance 8200DPI Pro-Aim R3 Laser Sensor... by HengHoot
- › Ducky Zero Shine Zone DK2108SZ by HengHoot
- › Evercool SB-F1 Case Cooling Fan by Gareth Ward
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear... by hollowtek
- › Fractal Design FD-CA-ARC-XL-BL-W Computer Case by WilliamGayde
- › Aquacomputer Airplex Modularity System 360mm Radiator by sunyata
- › Phobya Balancer 250 Silver Nickel by sunyata
- › Bitspower 1/2" ID x 3/4" OD G1/4'' Compression... by sunyata
- › How to Solder Electronics
- › Broken CM Storm Xornet scroll wheel
- › A Troubling Trend
- › The Truth About FPS
- › My First Case Mod!
- › GPU and CPU power connections
- › A Guide on how to fix Heat Problems
- › [Linux] How to enable backlight control and...
- › How To: Activate a 2012/2012 R2 Virtual Machine
- › Really long term project: Conversion from...