FLASH GPU BIOS FROM CD
Don't have a floppy or a thumb drive, and you still want to flash your GPU BIOS? Well here is a guide I put together to accomplish just that.
All flashes are at your own risk and I take no responsibility for any damage done. Knowledge on how to use NVflash and NiBiTor is assumed.
- CD-RW Drive
- Blank RW Disc
Download All Tools First
1 - Find a BIOS you want to flash your card with and backup your original BIOS with NiBitor. Have both files on the desktop. I will refer to them as flash.rom and original.rom
2 - Extract the file from the nvflash.rar archive to the desktop. This is a DOS image with nvflash preloaded onto it suitable for burning to a CD so it can boot into DOS. It opens with WinImage. Open it.
3 - Now that you have the file open you want to inject your BIOS files into it. You do this by going Image>Inject and selecting your BIOS files. It should look like this afterwards.
Go File>Save As and name it "boot" and MAKE SURE to save it as an IMA file type, it defaults to IMZ. Save it to desktop Create a New Folder on the desktop also named "boot" and move the IMA you just saved into it.
4 - Now open ImgBurn. At the top click Mode>Build then click the Advanced tab then click the Bootable Disc tab. You should be here.
Click Make Image Bootable for the Boot Image select the IMA you saved which is in the boot folder on your desktop. On the left under Source click the Folder Icon which is the third one down and below the magnifying glass. Select the "Boot" folder you have on the desktop. The one with the IMA in it.
It looks like this now.
Now click the folder -> CD icon at the bottom. Say Yes and OK to all the pop-ups. It then burns the IMA to your CD.
5 - Now go to your BIOS and set first boot device as CD ROM and restart. It will now boot from the CD into a DOS mode.
You can use nvflash as normal. If you want more BIOSES to flash from just inject more BIOS files in Step 3.
If you want a different version of nvflash just replace the nvflash file(s) in the nvflash.IMA
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 3422 Active Users (767 Members and 2655 Guests)
- › OCN Community Water Cooling Test Thread 10 seconds ago
- › AMD MANTLE Discussion Thread 17 seconds ago
- › [Official] Corsair Hydro Series Club 55 seconds ago
- › Gaming and mouse response BIOS optimization guide for modern PC... 1 minute ago
- › Extract and Flash GTX 970 and 980 Firmware - GPUz Test Build and... 1 minute ago
- › Amd has no love 2 minutes ago
- › Going from 1090T @ 4.1GHz to either i7 4770k or 3820.... NEED... 2 minutes ago
- › [WD] Amazon's Fire Phone Is Officially a Failure. 2 minutes ago
- › == Haswell-E Overclock Leaderboard & Owners Club == 2 minutes ago
- › [Forbes] New Samsung Galaxy S5 Plus Launched 2 minutes ago
- › Parvum Systems S2.0 by easynator
- › Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3 GHz 6 MB Cache Socket LGA1155 Processor by Rigwizard
- › Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler (RR-212E-20PK-R1) by Skye12977
- › GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 660 GV-N660OC-2GD Video Card by Touhid Shohan
- › Half-Life 2 by andrews2547
- › BenQ XL2420TX Black-Red 24"" 5ms (2ms GTG) Widescreen... by cutty1998
- › Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz LGA1155 by Skye12977
- › AMD A10-7850K 3.7GHz Socket FM2+ Quad-Core Desktop Processor by MCCSolutions
- › AMD FX-9590 5.0GHz Socket AM3+ Eight-Core Desktop Processor by MCCSolutions
- › ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z ATX AMD Gaming Motherboard by MCCSolutions
- › My Dream PC under $10,000 By: iRyanSparkz YT
- › How to Solder Electronics
- › Broken CM Storm Xornet scroll wheel
- › A Troubling Trend
- › The Truth About FPS
- › My First Case Mod!
- › GPU and CPU power connections
- › A Guide on how to fix Heat Problems
- › [Linux] How to enable backlight control and...
- › How To: Activate a 2012/2012 R2 Virtual Machine