FLASH GPU BIOS FROM CD
Don't have a floppy or a thumb drive, and you still want to flash your GPU BIOS? Well here is a guide I put together to accomplish just that.
All flashes are at your own risk and I take no responsibility for any damage done. Knowledge on how to use NVflash and NiBiTor is assumed.
- CD-RW Drive
- Blank RW Disc
Download All Tools First
1 - Find a BIOS you want to flash your card with and backup your original BIOS with NiBitor. Have both files on the desktop. I will refer to them as flash.rom and original.rom
2 - Extract the file from the nvflash.rar archive to the desktop. This is a DOS image with nvflash preloaded onto it suitable for burning to a CD so it can boot into DOS. It opens with WinImage. Open it.
3 - Now that you have the file open you want to inject your BIOS files into it. You do this by going Image>Inject and selecting your BIOS files. It should look like this afterwards.
Go File>Save As and name it "boot" and MAKE SURE to save it as an IMA file type, it defaults to IMZ. Save it to desktop Create a New Folder on the desktop also named "boot" and move the IMA you just saved into it.
4 - Now open ImgBurn. At the top click Mode>Build then click the Advanced tab then click the Bootable Disc tab. You should be here.
Click Make Image Bootable for the Boot Image select the IMA you saved which is in the boot folder on your desktop. On the left under Source click the Folder Icon which is the third one down and below the magnifying glass. Select the "Boot" folder you have on the desktop. The one with the IMA in it.
It looks like this now.
Now click the folder -> CD icon at the bottom. Say Yes and OK to all the pop-ups. It then burns the IMA to your CD.
5 - Now go to your BIOS and set first boot device as CD ROM and restart. It will now boot from the CD into a DOS mode.
You can use nvflash as normal. If you want more BIOSES to flash from just inject more BIOS files in Step 3.
If you want a different version of nvflash just replace the nvflash file(s) in the nvflash.IMA
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 3617 Active Users (821 Members and 2796 Guests)
- › [Official] AMD R9 290X / 290 Owners Club 7 seconds ago
- › Keyboard of the Month: January '15 10 seconds ago
- › I have some speakers, but there's a problem. (maybe) 12 seconds ago
- › OCN Water Cooling Club And Picture Gallery 18 seconds ago
- › [Official] DotA 2 Information and Discussion Thread. 21 seconds ago
- › [GameGPU] Dying Light Benchmarks 1 minute ago
- › [PCPer] NVIDIA Responds to GTX 970 3.5GB Memory Issue 1 minute ago
- › FS: Sapphire Vapor-X 290 1 minute ago
- › Appraisals: Parts for local sale/trade(3570k, i7-920, mobos, 775... 1 minute ago
- › Level 10 GT assist 2 minutes ago
- › XSPC Raystorm CPU Block for Intel Socket LGA 775, 1156, 1155, 1366,... by ffhammack
- › XSPC D5 reservoir by ffhammack
- › XSPC EX240 by ffhammack
- › FinalMouse 2015 by kaptchka
- › EVGA GeForce GTX 770 Classified Video Card by vargus14
- › Xfx Radeon HD 4870x2 by cvin
- › VisionTek USB Pocket SSD 120GB by WilliamGayde
- › Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz (3.3GHz Turbo) LGA 1150 Quad-Core Desktop... by dennphill
- › Intel Core i7-4930K 3.4GHz LGA 2011 Six-Core Desktop Processor by DamselinDistres
- › Intel Pentium Processor G3258 4 BX80646G3258 by DamselinDistres
- › The Minecraft Server "Ok" Minimum
- › nVidia/AMD Graphics Cards BSOD 116/1033 Fix |...
- › To built a 4k monitor gaming rig - what type...
- › What Could Have Been - The PlayStation 4 APU
- › How to Get Linux Ubuntu Working with a GTX970...
- › The 2014 Year In Tech
- › Editors Pick Deals - Black Friday 2014
- › How to Solder Electronics
- › Broken CM Storm Xornet scroll wheel
- › A Troubling Trend