FLASH GPU BIOS FROM CD
Don't have a floppy or a thumb drive, and you still want to flash your GPU BIOS? Well here is a guide I put together to accomplish just that.
All flashes are at your own risk and I take no responsibility for any damage done. Knowledge on how to use NVflash and NiBiTor is assumed.
- CD-RW Drive
- Blank RW Disc
Download All Tools First
1 - Find a BIOS you want to flash your card with and backup your original BIOS with NiBitor. Have both files on the desktop. I will refer to them as flash.rom and original.rom
2 - Extract the file from the nvflash.rar archive to the desktop. This is a DOS image with nvflash preloaded onto it suitable for burning to a CD so it can boot into DOS. It opens with WinImage. Open it.
3 - Now that you have the file open you want to inject your BIOS files into it. You do this by going Image>Inject and selecting your BIOS files. It should look like this afterwards.
Go File>Save As and name it "boot" and MAKE SURE to save it as an IMA file type, it defaults to IMZ. Save it to desktop Create a New Folder on the desktop also named "boot" and move the IMA you just saved into it.
4 - Now open ImgBurn. At the top click Mode>Build then click the Advanced tab then click the Bootable Disc tab. You should be here.
Click Make Image Bootable for the Boot Image select the IMA you saved which is in the boot folder on your desktop. On the left under Source click the Folder Icon which is the third one down and below the magnifying glass. Select the "Boot" folder you have on the desktop. The one with the IMA in it.
It looks like this now.
Now click the folder -> CD icon at the bottom. Say Yes and OK to all the pop-ups. It then burns the IMA to your CD.
5 - Now go to your BIOS and set first boot device as CD ROM and restart. It will now boot from the CD into a DOS mode.
You can use nvflash as normal. If you want more BIOSES to flash from just inject more BIOS files in Step 3.
If you want a different version of nvflash just replace the nvflash file(s) in the nvflash.IMA
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2842 Active Users (467 Members and 2375 Guests)
- › Need help picking a motherboard for i5 4690K 36 seconds ago
- › [Official] Counter Strike Global Offensive Thread 51 seconds ago
- › [Toms] Haswell-E Core i7-5820K Will Only Have 28 PCI-Express Lanes 1 minute ago
- › [Official] Gigabyte GA-990FXA-Series Owners Thread/Club 3 minutes ago
- › [Official] ASUS sabertooth AMD Owners Club 3 minutes ago
- › Crashing unigine heaven 4.0 4 minutes ago
- › Phenom 750k, high idle temps = lower game FPS 4 minutes ago
- › New system not posting, all new parts (FM2) 4 minutes ago
- › [DSO] The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Gamescom 2014 Trailer is From PC... 4 minutes ago
- › CS:S Mouse Optimization Guide 4 minutes ago
- › Crucial MX100 512GB SATA 2.5" 7mm (with 9.5mm adapter)... by Sensei Andrew
- › Swiftech H220-X CPU Liquid Cooling Kit by ganzosrevenge
- › LG Nexus 5 D820 16GB Unlocked GSM 4G LTE Quad-Core Android... by Biosht
- › EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 80PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V/EPS12V 850W Power... by JackCY
- › Corsair Obsidian 350D by ganzosrevenge
- › Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power... by Bavarianbeast
- › CORSAIR Hydro Series H100i Water Cooler by rtprimo
- › Audio-Technica AT2020 USB Condenser USB Microphone by jameyscott
- › BitFenix Comrade BFC-COM-100-WWXS1-RP Computer Case by melek-taus
- › Asus Rampage III Extreme Socket 1366/ Intel X58/ 3-Way SLI &... by XtachiX
- › A Troubling Trend
- › The Truth About FPS
- › My First Case Mod!
- › GPU and CPU power connections
- › A Guide on how to fix Heat Problems
- › [Linux] How to enable backlight control and...
- › How To: Activate a 2012/2012 R2 Virtual Machine
- › Really long term project: Conversion from...
- › What I expect from Nvidia's Maxwell -...
- › mmm...my old graphiccard ... trow it, no...