FLASH GPU BIOS FROM CD
Don't have a floppy or a thumb drive, and you still want to flash your GPU BIOS? Well here is a guide I put together to accomplish just that.
All flashes are at your own risk and I take no responsibility for any damage done. Knowledge on how to use NVflash and NiBiTor is assumed.
- CD-RW Drive
- Blank RW Disc
Download All Tools First
1 - Find a BIOS you want to flash your card with and backup your original BIOS with NiBitor. Have both files on the desktop. I will refer to them as flash.rom and original.rom
2 - Extract the file from the nvflash.rar archive to the desktop. This is a DOS image with nvflash preloaded onto it suitable for burning to a CD so it can boot into DOS. It opens with WinImage. Open it.
3 - Now that you have the file open you want to inject your BIOS files into it. You do this by going Image>Inject and selecting your BIOS files. It should look like this afterwards.
Go File>Save As and name it "boot" and MAKE SURE to save it as an IMA file type, it defaults to IMZ. Save it to desktop Create a New Folder on the desktop also named "boot" and move the IMA you just saved into it.
4 - Now open ImgBurn. At the top click Mode>Build then click the Advanced tab then click the Bootable Disc tab. You should be here.
Click Make Image Bootable for the Boot Image select the IMA you saved which is in the boot folder on your desktop. On the left under Source click the Folder Icon which is the third one down and below the magnifying glass. Select the "Boot" folder you have on the desktop. The one with the IMA in it.
It looks like this now.
Now click the folder -> CD icon at the bottom. Say Yes and OK to all the pop-ups. It then burns the IMA to your CD.
5 - Now go to your BIOS and set first boot device as CD ROM and restart. It will now boot from the CD into a DOS mode.
You can use nvflash as normal. If you want more BIOSES to flash from just inject more BIOS files in Step 3.
If you want a different version of nvflash just replace the nvflash file(s) in the nvflash.IMA
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2156 Active Users (352 Members and 1804 Guests)
- › SteelSeries Qck Limited and Roccat Taito 2017 10 seconds ago
- › [YouTube/LTT] AMD RYZEN 7 OFFICIAL LAUNCH - ALL THE DETAILS! + Tests 30 seconds ago
- › [Appraisal] X99 Combo 39 seconds ago
- › Raijintek Metis Owners Club 1 minute ago
- › [PCper]AMD Ryzen Pre-order Starts Today, Specs and Performance... 1 minute ago
- › ZEN - Hyper Thread 1 minute ago
- › 1070 locked clock speed 1 minute ago
- › Safe to use this to clean my PC? 2 minutes ago
- › bought an RX 470 and realized my mobo doesnt have a UEFI BIOS how... 2 minutes ago
- › [Forum Folding War 2017] Team BBQ 3 minutes ago
- › NETGEAR Dual Band 802.11ac Wireless Access Point (WAC104-100NAS) by Terrere
- › Tt eSPORTS Ventus Z Ergonomic Laser Gaming Mouse with 2-Zone RGB... by Jedson3614
- › Dungeon Siege III by michaeltibbsjr
- › Sapphire RX 460 2GB Single Fan D5 OC by sepiashimmer
- › NZXT Technologies Kraken X41 140mm All-In-One Liquid Cooling System... by maverickvii
- › JH Audio JH3X Pro by Chipp
- › Cryorig R1 Ultimate CR-R1A Dual Tower CPU Heatsink with 2xXF140 fans by AyyMD
- › Thermaltake PS-SPR-0850FPCBUS-R Smart Pro RGB 850W Zero Fan 80 PLUS... by Jedson3614
- › In Win 509 ROG Gaming eATX by khaosgamer
- › NZXT S340 Mid Tower Cases CA-S340W-B1 Glossy Black by AyyMD
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...
- › Intel Core i7 4790K Energy Efficiency
- › Multi Tasking on Intel Haswell CPU's
- › Intel Hyper Threading - Performance Scaling...
- › Intel Core i3 vs Core i5 vs Core i7: Gaming...