FLASH GPU BIOS FROM CD
Don't have a floppy or a thumb drive, and you still want to flash your GPU BIOS? Well here is a guide I put together to accomplish just that.
All flashes are at your own risk and I take no responsibility for any damage done. Knowledge on how to use NVflash and NiBiTor is assumed.
- CD-RW Drive
- Blank RW Disc
Download All Tools First
1 - Find a BIOS you want to flash your card with and backup your original BIOS with NiBitor. Have both files on the desktop. I will refer to them as flash.rom and original.rom
2 - Extract the file from the nvflash.rar archive to the desktop. This is a DOS image with nvflash preloaded onto it suitable for burning to a CD so it can boot into DOS. It opens with WinImage. Open it.
3 - Now that you have the file open you want to inject your BIOS files into it. You do this by going Image>Inject and selecting your BIOS files. It should look like this afterwards.
Go File>Save As and name it "boot" and MAKE SURE to save it as an IMA file type, it defaults to IMZ. Save it to desktop Create a New Folder on the desktop also named "boot" and move the IMA you just saved into it.
4 - Now open ImgBurn. At the top click Mode>Build then click the Advanced tab then click the Bootable Disc tab. You should be here.
Click Make Image Bootable for the Boot Image select the IMA you saved which is in the boot folder on your desktop. On the left under Source click the Folder Icon which is the third one down and below the magnifying glass. Select the "Boot" folder you have on the desktop. The one with the IMA in it.
It looks like this now.
Now click the folder -> CD icon at the bottom. Say Yes and OK to all the pop-ups. It then burns the IMA to your CD.
5 - Now go to your BIOS and set first boot device as CD ROM and restart. It will now boot from the CD into a DOS mode.
You can use nvflash as normal. If you want more BIOSES to flash from just inject more BIOS files in Step 3.
If you want a different version of nvflash just replace the nvflash file(s) in the nvflash.IMA
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2600 Active Users (456 Members and 2144 Guests)
- › Kaby Lake Overclocking Guide [With Statistics] 9 seconds ago
- › [Official] Nvidia GTX 980 Ti Owners Club 10 seconds ago
- › [ Fudzilla] New Geforce will be incremental 13 seconds ago
- › [HeXuS] Sapphire Radeon RX 470 Mining Edition card on sale in UK 38 seconds ago
- › My experience with the Asus PRIME X370-Pro 41 seconds ago
- › ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread 51 seconds ago
- › [Various] Skylake-X (Core i9) Lineup and Specifications - 6C / 8C /... 1 minute ago
- › How to make my fan spin above 100%??? 1 minute ago
- › [FM] Futuremark website is moving 2 minutes ago
- › [Official] Mass Effect: Andromeda Information and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › ID-COOLING Auraflow 240 RGB AIO Cooler by DaveLT
- › Noctua NH-D14 SE2011 Quiet CPU Cooler for Intel LGA 2011 Socket... by DontDoCovfefe
- › Acer - GN246HL 24" LCD 1ms 144Hz HDMI 3D 1080p Monitor by oobymach
- › Enermax CPU Air Cooler 250W+ Intel/AMD PDF Design, DFR Technology,... by zenstrive
- › Samsung 850 EVO 4TB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-75E4T0B/AM) by Lady Fitzgerald
- › StarTech HSB220SAT25B 2 Drive 2.5in Trayless Hot Swap SATA Mobile... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Palit GeForce GTX 1050 Ti KalmX 4 GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 Graphics... by Duality92
- › Jonsbo VR2 - Tempered Glass and Aluminium case by Duality92
- › iiyama G-MASTER GB2788HS TN 27" Black Full HD by FuwyFun
- › Xbox Wireless Controller - White by FuwyFun
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...
- › Intel Core i7 4790K Energy Efficiency