FLASH GPU BIOS FROM CD
Don't have a floppy or a thumb drive, and you still want to flash your GPU BIOS? Well here is a guide I put together to accomplish just that.
All flashes are at your own risk and I take no responsibility for any damage done. Knowledge on how to use NVflash and NiBiTor is assumed.
- CD-RW Drive
- Blank RW Disc
Download All Tools First
1 - Find a BIOS you want to flash your card with and backup your original BIOS with NiBitor. Have both files on the desktop. I will refer to them as flash.rom and original.rom
2 - Extract the file from the nvflash.rar archive to the desktop. This is a DOS image with nvflash preloaded onto it suitable for burning to a CD so it can boot into DOS. It opens with WinImage. Open it.
3 - Now that you have the file open you want to inject your BIOS files into it. You do this by going Image>Inject and selecting your BIOS files. It should look like this afterwards.
Go File>Save As and name it "boot" and MAKE SURE to save it as an IMA file type, it defaults to IMZ. Save it to desktop Create a New Folder on the desktop also named "boot" and move the IMA you just saved into it.
4 - Now open ImgBurn. At the top click Mode>Build then click the Advanced tab then click the Bootable Disc tab. You should be here.
Click Make Image Bootable for the Boot Image select the IMA you saved which is in the boot folder on your desktop. On the left under Source click the Folder Icon which is the third one down and below the magnifying glass. Select the "Boot" folder you have on the desktop. The one with the IMA in it.
It looks like this now.
Now click the folder -> CD icon at the bottom. Say Yes and OK to all the pop-ups. It then burns the IMA to your CD.
5 - Now go to your BIOS and set first boot device as CD ROM and restart. It will now boot from the CD into a DOS mode.
You can use nvflash as normal. If you want more BIOSES to flash from just inject more BIOS files in Step 3.
If you want a different version of nvflash just replace the nvflash file(s) in the nvflash.IMA
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 3426 Active Users (840 Members and 2586 Guests)
- › [Official] AMD R9 295X2 Owners Club 10 seconds ago
- › [KT] It Took 6 Years To Finish This Retro FPS (VIDEO) 11 seconds ago
- › [ExtremeTech] How to download and install the Windows 10 Technical... 1 minute ago
- › [Official] Battlefield 4 Information & Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › [UK] Watercooling blow out! - Fans, Rads & Fittings! 1 minute ago
- › Help me design you guys the best $80 PC Case possible. 1 minute ago
- › [Official] EVGA Classified Owner's Club 1 minute ago
- › Funny as hell Shadow of Mordor moment last night! 1 minute ago
- › Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury Gaming Mouse review - by Ino 1 minute ago
- › [CorsairForums] Corsair announces that it will continue to sell... 1 minute ago
- › Swiftech MCP50X Pump by geggeg
- › DOOGEE PIXELS DG350 MTK6582 Quad Core 1.3GHz 1GB RAM 4GB ROM... by LukePilot152
- › PlayStation 4 by Thready
- › Microsoft Surface Pro 3 - 256GB / Intel i5 by BigMack70
- › ASUS A88XM-PLUS/CSM Micro ATX AMD Motherboard by jumpy2219
- › Nixeus MODA Mechanical Keyboard - Brown Switch (Silent Tactile) by Jixr
- › Kingsing S2 Mtk6582 Quad Core Phone White by voodooxxx
- › Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler (RR-212E-20PK-R1) by Gavush
- › Thermaltake V3 Black Edition VL80001W2Z Computer Case With Side... by Gavush
- › Corsair K70 RGB Mechanical Keyboard (Cherry MX Red) by Sideways8LV
- › Custom Desk Buil Log
- › My Dream PC under $10,000 By: iRyanSparkz YT
- › How to Solder Electronics
- › Broken CM Storm Xornet scroll wheel
- › A Troubling Trend
- › The Truth About FPS
- › My First Case Mod!
- › GPU and CPU power connections
- › A Guide on how to fix Heat Problems
- › [Linux] How to enable backlight control and...