Here we are, the end of another year, and the beginning of another. It's time to change calendars again, to turn the page one last time and then start anew.
Time just keeps on going, doesn't it?
Sometimes I feel like I'm racing on a treadmill. My feet keep on moving, my legs keep on churning, I keep on sweating, but it doesn't seem like I'm getting anywhere.
Time is money, as they say. In these tough economic times, it's hard to keep on swimming without noticing the sharks that you constantly need to keep at least an arm's length away.
You know what, though? You don't surrender, you don't stop pounding out the miles on that treadmill, you don't stop swimming; you keep going, you persevere, you fight until you get where you want to be.
Now I suppose the key part is figuring out how to fight, how to solve the problems. I don't know who it was who once said, "Don't work harder; work smarter," but I do know one thing:
Whoever said that was/is (in case he/she is still alive) a very wise person.
So what does this all mean in the context of this small universe called OCN? It's no secret to those who are observant that I haven't been around as much as I used to. The hard truth of the matter is, throughout 2009 time for fun things in life (which OCN is, at least in part, for me) has been slashed. Economic realities being what they are, there is far less time to spend on OCN for me. The bad thing is, I occupy a position which requires a measure of responsibility. Time to execute on such duties has been reduced to a mere trickle, and I've long been unhappy about that.
The preceding may sound like making excuses to some, but this is the hard truth.
One of my most fervent hopes for the coming year is a much-improved method for allocating my resources (including time) to allow me to be more active on OCN. For one thing, I've got projects and ideas that I would dearly love to see completion. More than that, I have so much to learn in the context of my sphere of responsibility.
Another hope is to continue blogging here on OCN. This blog is one of a few I maintain regularly and is just one of myriad writing projects I have on my plate. I used to be more prolific here, but with the reduction of my time has come a reduction of my ability to write. I want to increase my productivity here as well.
So, with the end of one year and the start of a new one comes the opportunity to improve oneself. Honestly, each new sunrise gives us all that opportunity, but looking at things at a greater distance, the start of a new year is just as good as any starting point.
Let's all have a great 2010, shall we?
Currently, there are 1891 Active Users (249 Members and 1642 Guests)
- › ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme X399 ThreadRipper Overclocking / Support 1 minute ago
- › Modded R9 390X BIOS for R9 290/290X (Updated 02/16/2016) 1 minute ago
- › [Pcgamesn] The Dutch Gaming Authority is investigating whether... 4 minutes ago
- › Asrock x399 Taichi/Fatality overclocking and unofficial support 4 minutes ago
- › Zotac 980 Ti AMP Extreme 8 minutes ago
- › OCN Water Cooling Club And Picture Gallery 8 minutes ago
- › 3x Monitors & Gigabyte AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme 10 minutes ago
- › [MOD] LGA775 Support For LGA771 Xeon CPUs 10 minutes ago
- › Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX 16 minutes ago
- › [PCG/Hexus] DDR5 memory is twice as fast as DDR4 and slated for 2019 19 minutes ago
- › INTEL Core i5-8600K by vMax65
- › Ninox Venator - Black by vanir1337
- › Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-650FX 650W 80+ Gold ATX12V &... by AlphaC
- › Tt eSPORTS Ventus R by vanir1337
- › Cooler Master GX - 750W 80 PLUS Bronze Power Supply (RS750-ACAAD3-US) by Micss
- › ZOWIE GEAR ZA12 GAMING MOUSE by vanir1337
- › Corsair Hydro Series H115i Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler ,... by SightUp
- › ASRock X370 Killer SLI/ac by gopackersjt
- › ARCTIC Accelero Mono Plus VGA Cooler - 120mm Efficient PWM Fan,... by Smanci
- › Joyful Heart Waterproof Wireless Bluetooth Headphone by TechChunk
- › Hands-On: TCL 55″ P-Series 4K HDR TV is...
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...