Faster is a tale of revenge starring Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, and Billy Bob Thornton. It's a straight to the point, enjoyable, flick that pulls no punches with its style and goes straight for the jugular with a brutal manner.
There is little use of special effects (though there is some) so nothing for special effects fans to drool over really. The audio is pretty decent though. The soundtrack roars through at specific points in the film and generally suits the tone of the film.
It's a slightly strange film, and doesn't really come together until the end, and although it's slightly predictable, it's enjoyable enough to see out the finale that does leave you on the edge of your seat a little bit.
Billy Bob Thornton and Dwayne Johnsons performances are pretty good and add alot of character to the movie. It's good to see Dwayne Johnson pick up a slightly different role to what he's normally cast in, playing a fairly good anti hero that isn't scared to get his hands dirty.
The supporting actors are convincing enough too, Moon Bloodgood (Daybreak, Terminator Salvation) plays a good role, aswell as Carla Gugino.
Oliver Jackson-Cohen does well, but his character I just felt wasn't used to its best potential. He is developed well, but you just don't see much use of him and his character feels a little forced aswell.
Overall though a decent film. I enjoyed it from start to finish. If you like Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, this is probably one of his better films to see.
Overall I would give this film a 8/10 for its story, 8/10 for its action, and 7/10 for audio and visual.
Please note articles posted on my blog are solely the opinion of myself, and myself only. Please do not take anything as literal fact.
Currently, there are 2502 Active Users (398 Members and 2104 Guests)
- › Seasonic M12II Bronze EVO 520W 56 seconds ago
- › ASUS Rampage VI Extreme (X299) Official Owners 1 minute ago
- › *Official* Intel DDR4 24/7 Memory Stability Thread 1 minute ago
- › [Various] 6C Coffee Lake Lineup: i7-8700K & i5-8600K / 4.7GHz... 2 minutes ago
- › VRM on the new AM4 motherboards 2 minutes ago
- › [Guru3d]Der8auer LN2 Clocks 18-core Core i9 7980XE To 6 GHz (Uses... 2 minutes ago
- › [PCG/Hexus] DDR5 memory is twice as fast as DDR4 and slated for 2019 3 minutes ago
- › How to install ASUS Thunderbolt 3 card on an ASUS X99 MB 3 minutes ago
- › Bitspower Intel IHS 3 minutes ago
- › RX 480 with ARCTIC Accelero Twin Turbo III 5 minutes ago
- › Orico Dual Bay HDD Enclosure by geggeg
- › Phanteks PH-F140MP_BBK_PWM 140mm fan by AlphaC
- › Seasonic Flagship PRIME SERIES SSR-1200PD 1200W PLATINUM FULL... by mllrkllr88
- › Corsair Obsidian 750D Computer Case With Side Panel Window by The_Rocker
- › Asus Xonar Essence STX 124 dB SNR / Headphone AMP Card by The_Rocker
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by The_Rocker
- › Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.3GHz LGA 2011-v3 140W... by foofer1233
- › Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2 1 LGA 2011 Processor - BX80619I73930K by powerhouse
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Hands-On: TCL 55″ P-Series 4K HDR TV is...
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...