About this Blog:
Well, it's a New Year and a fresh start, and seeing as gaming is a long-time hobby of mine, I thought I'd keep track of the games I play this year, so I can look back at the end of the year and think...well..."damn, I played a lot of games".
I'll be publishing posts after I beat a game, with a review and rating (out of 5). So, without further ado, here it is! Enjoy, and thanks for reading!
NOTE: BEFORE YOU EVEN THINK ABOUT GETTING THIS GAME, GET F.E.A.R. 1 FIRST AND BEAT IT. I'M SERIOUS.
Game: F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin
Platform: PC (reviewed)/X360/PS3
Genre: Horror/First-Person Shooter
Review: Alma Wade and the F.E.A.R. team are back in another intense FPS work from Monolith Productions, F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin. This time around you play as Michael Becket, a F.E.A.R. member of a squad on a mission in another area of the city of Auburn. I won't go any further with the story, don't wanna spoil anything for ya So, onto the gameplay.
Essentially, F.E.A.R. 2 is the same as F.E.A.R. 1 in gameplay, but with a few new features. First of all, you start off without reflex (slo-mo), but you'll get that shortly into the game and feel right at home. Secondly, leaning is gone, but that doesn't really matter as it was never really needed. However, you can knock over objects to provide cover to crouch behind for any heavy firefights. Your various melee moves are still here, so feel free to wail on an enemy at close range if things are getting rough. There are some new weapons to take advantage of in the new game, ranging from the useless pistol to the epic laser. Favorites like the nail gun and disintegrator gun are back, so no worries. That's pretty much it in terms of gameplay, but the best part of the F.E.A.R. games is the atmosphere and the story (side note: additional information about the story can be acquired through intel that you pick up in levels, so READ 'EM), so I highly recommend the F.E.A.R. series simply on those aspects
All-in-all, F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin is a great first person shooter that will definitely keep you in the action and suspense all the way through. Timewise, it is typical FPS length, so while this game may not take you a whole long time to finish, it is definitely worth the time spent. The game also has a collection of achievements - both pertaining to single and multi player - to aim for, thus increasing the replay value of this game.
I highly recommend this game to any fan of the F.E.A.R. series, and to FPS fans in general.
Pros: Intense atmosphere, great story, plenty of action, great AI (although not as great as F.E.A.R. 1), sweet new weapons, achievements
Cons: Does not mention much about the events of F.E.A.R. 1, may not be long enough for some people
Note: I have not played the multiplayer. If you would like to know how the multiplayer is, ask, and I shall give you a mini-review
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2125 Active Users (353 Members and 1772 Guests)
- › Asrock X370 Taichi Overclocking Thread 20 seconds ago
- › Should I just upgrade to a 1080 GTX and LCD for my old 3570K for OW? 32 seconds ago
- › [Official] Vega Frontier / RX Vega Owners Thread 40 seconds ago
- › G'day from WA, AU! 1 minute ago
- › ek water block corrosion? 1 minute ago
- › Dreammachin's been teasing what looks like a Kinzu on their... 1 minute ago
- › How do I delete my OC.NET account? 2 minutes ago
- › [IGN] Activision files patent for microtransaction-minded... 2 minutes ago
- › IDLE CPU TEMPERATURES VERY HIGH 2 minutes ago
- › MSI GTX 1080 Ti Lightning Z Owner's Thread 3 minutes ago
- › ASRock X370 Killer SLI/ac by gopackersjt
- › ARCTIC Accelero Mono Plus VGA Cooler - 120mm Efficient PWM Fan,... by Smanci
- › Joyful Heart Waterproof Wireless Bluetooth Headphone by TechChunk
- › Antec Mercury 360mm AIO Liquid Cooler by vMax65
- › Orico Dual Bay HDD Enclosure by geggeg
- › Phanteks PH-F140MP_BBK_PWM 140mm fan by AlphaC
- › Seasonic Flagship PRIME SERIES SSR-1200PD 1200W PLATINUM FULL... by mllrkllr88
- › Corsair Obsidian 750D Computer Case With Side Panel Window by The_Rocker
- › Asus Xonar Essence STX 124 dB SNR / Headphone AMP Card by The_Rocker
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by The_Rocker
- › Hands-On: TCL 55″ P-Series 4K HDR TV is...
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...