About this Blog:
Well, it's a New Year and a fresh start, and seeing as gaming is a long-time hobby of mine, I thought I'd keep track of the games I play this year, so I can look back at the end of the year and think...well..."damn, I played a lot of games".
I'll be publishing posts after I beat a game, with a review and rating (out of 5). So, without further ado, here it is! Enjoy, and thanks for reading!
NOTE: BEFORE YOU EVEN THINK ABOUT GETTING THIS GAME, GET F.E.A.R. 1 FIRST AND BEAT IT. I'M SERIOUS.
Game: F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin
Platform: PC (reviewed)/X360/PS3
Genre: Horror/First-Person Shooter
Review: Alma Wade and the F.E.A.R. team are back in another intense FPS work from Monolith Productions, F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin. This time around you play as Michael Becket, a F.E.A.R. member of a squad on a mission in another area of the city of Auburn. I won't go any further with the story, don't wanna spoil anything for ya So, onto the gameplay.
Essentially, F.E.A.R. 2 is the same as F.E.A.R. 1 in gameplay, but with a few new features. First of all, you start off without reflex (slo-mo), but you'll get that shortly into the game and feel right at home. Secondly, leaning is gone, but that doesn't really matter as it was never really needed. However, you can knock over objects to provide cover to crouch behind for any heavy firefights. Your various melee moves are still here, so feel free to wail on an enemy at close range if things are getting rough. There are some new weapons to take advantage of in the new game, ranging from the useless pistol to the epic laser. Favorites like the nail gun and disintegrator gun are back, so no worries. That's pretty much it in terms of gameplay, but the best part of the F.E.A.R. games is the atmosphere and the story (side note: additional information about the story can be acquired through intel that you pick up in levels, so READ 'EM), so I highly recommend the F.E.A.R. series simply on those aspects
All-in-all, F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin is a great first person shooter that will definitely keep you in the action and suspense all the way through. Timewise, it is typical FPS length, so while this game may not take you a whole long time to finish, it is definitely worth the time spent. The game also has a collection of achievements - both pertaining to single and multi player - to aim for, thus increasing the replay value of this game.
I highly recommend this game to any fan of the F.E.A.R. series, and to FPS fans in general.
Pros: Intense atmosphere, great story, plenty of action, great AI (although not as great as F.E.A.R. 1), sweet new weapons, achievements
Cons: Does not mention much about the events of F.E.A.R. 1, may not be long enough for some people
Note: I have not played the multiplayer. If you would like to know how the multiplayer is, ask, and I shall give you a mini-review
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2057 Active Users (482 Members and 1575 Guests)
- › [Build Log] Tragbar build - aka: 'Airplane carry-on Haswell-Titan... 50 seconds ago
- › To SSD or not to SSD.......... 1 minute ago
- › Best upgrade option for xfire 2 minutes ago
- › Why is my gpu-z not showing my graphics card clocked at what it is... 2 minutes ago
- › [Official] AMD R9 290X / 290 Owners Club 2 minutes ago
- › Congrats to our very own DarthBaggins! 3 minutes ago
- › 7950 dual-x with a r9 280x dc2 ? 3 minutes ago
- › [NCIX-US] Logitech G27 Wheel $167 shipped! 3 minutes ago
- › [Official] - X58 Xeon Club - 4 minutes ago
- › Firewall and server questions 4 minutes ago
- › AMD FX-8300 FD8300WMW8KHK CPU Processor 3.3GHz (Max 4.2GHz) 8-core... by Agent Smith1984
- › ASRock Fatal1ty 970 Performance AM3+/AM3 Super Alloy Motherboard by Agent Smith1984
- › Philips Fidelio X1/28 Premium Over-Ear Headphones by 8bitG33k
- › GeForce GTX Titan X by DimmyK
- › Logitech's G710+ Mechanical Keyboard by obikenobi27
- › Razer DeathAdder Chroma - Multi-Color Ergonomic Gaming Mouse by obikenobi27
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 by ghost_z
- › Sennheiser CX 3.00 Red In-Ear Canal Headphone by Nfsdude0125
- › Battlefield Hardline - PC by wes1099
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD900X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by WilliamGayde
- › GM releasing software that tattles on teen...
- › Seasonic Fanless PSU Noise
- › The Minecraft Server "Ok" Minimum
- › nVidia/AMD Graphics Cards BSOD 116/1033 Fix |...
- › To built a 4k monitor gaming rig - what type...
- › What Could Have Been - The PlayStation 4 APU
- › How to Get Linux Ubuntu Working with a GTX970...
- › The 2014 Year In Tech
- › Editors Pick Deals - Black Friday 2014
- › How to Solder Electronics