About this Blog:
Well, it's a New Year and a fresh start, and seeing as gaming is a long-time hobby of mine, I thought I'd keep track of the games I play this year, so I can look back at the end of the year and think...well..."damn, I played a lot of games".
I'll be publishing posts after I beat a game, with a review and rating (out of 5). So, without further ado, here it is! Enjoy, and thanks for reading!
NOTE: BEFORE YOU EVEN THINK ABOUT GETTING THIS GAME, GET F.E.A.R. 1 FIRST AND BEAT IT. I'M SERIOUS.
Game: F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin
Platform: PC (reviewed)/X360/PS3
Genre: Horror/First-Person Shooter
Review: Alma Wade and the F.E.A.R. team are back in another intense FPS work from Monolith Productions, F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin. This time around you play as Michael Becket, a F.E.A.R. member of a squad on a mission in another area of the city of Auburn. I won't go any further with the story, don't wanna spoil anything for ya So, onto the gameplay.
Essentially, F.E.A.R. 2 is the same as F.E.A.R. 1 in gameplay, but with a few new features. First of all, you start off without reflex (slo-mo), but you'll get that shortly into the game and feel right at home. Secondly, leaning is gone, but that doesn't really matter as it was never really needed. However, you can knock over objects to provide cover to crouch behind for any heavy firefights. Your various melee moves are still here, so feel free to wail on an enemy at close range if things are getting rough. There are some new weapons to take advantage of in the new game, ranging from the useless pistol to the epic laser. Favorites like the nail gun and disintegrator gun are back, so no worries. That's pretty much it in terms of gameplay, but the best part of the F.E.A.R. games is the atmosphere and the story (side note: additional information about the story can be acquired through intel that you pick up in levels, so READ 'EM), so I highly recommend the F.E.A.R. series simply on those aspects
All-in-all, F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin is a great first person shooter that will definitely keep you in the action and suspense all the way through. Timewise, it is typical FPS length, so while this game may not take you a whole long time to finish, it is definitely worth the time spent. The game also has a collection of achievements - both pertaining to single and multi player - to aim for, thus increasing the replay value of this game.
I highly recommend this game to any fan of the F.E.A.R. series, and to FPS fans in general.
Pros: Intense atmosphere, great story, plenty of action, great AI (although not as great as F.E.A.R. 1), sweet new weapons, achievements
Cons: Does not mention much about the events of F.E.A.R. 1, may not be long enough for some people
Note: I have not played the multiplayer. If you would like to know how the multiplayer is, ask, and I shall give you a mini-review
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 3323 Active Users (781 Members and 2542 Guests)
- › [GDC 15] NVIDIA announces TITAN X 8 seconds ago
- › PALIT GTX 970 Jetstream Fan Issue [High RPM in idle] 50 seconds ago
- › [WCCFTech] AMD Radeon R9 390X Demo Possibly Coming At GDC 1 minute ago
- › [Official] Dark Souls II for PC Thread 1 minute ago
- › Fitting help please? 2 minutes ago
- › [Nvidia] Latest PhysX Source Code Now Available Free on GitHub 2 minutes ago
- › Please comment on my build start. I5, MSI Z97S, Case with free PSU 2 minutes ago
- › Why would you watch someones stream? 2 minutes ago
- › AMD crossfire is downclocking rubbish 3 minutes ago
- › Concerned/Confused about CPUTIN Temp. 3 minutes ago
- › DriveClub (PlayStation 4) by iARDAs
- › Tomb Raider Definitive Ed Ps4 by iARDAs
- › ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition Extended ATX Intel Motherboard by mllkn6
- › Razer Inc. Blade 2014 128GB by ledzepp3
- › Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB 3.5" SATA Internal Hard Drive... by Nfsdude0125
- › Intel Core i7-4790K Processor- BX80646I74790K by Stream12
- › Sapphire Radeon R9 280X VAPOR-X Video Card by tabascosauz
- › Philips 40" BDM4065UC 4K Monitor by sam66er
- › COOLER MASTER V700 RS700-AFBAG1-US 700W Power Supply by DVIELIS
- › Corsair Vengeance M65 Black Wired Laser Gaming Mouse by levalencia
- › Seasonic Fanless PSU Noise
- › The Minecraft Server "Ok" Minimum
- › nVidia/AMD Graphics Cards BSOD 116/1033 Fix |...
- › To built a 4k monitor gaming rig - what type...
- › What Could Have Been - The PlayStation 4 APU
- › How to Get Linux Ubuntu Working with a GTX970...
- › The 2014 Year In Tech
- › Editors Pick Deals - Black Friday 2014
- › How to Solder Electronics
- › Broken CM Storm Xornet scroll wheel