About this Blog:
Well, it's a New Year and a fresh start, and seeing as gaming is a long-time hobby of mine, I thought I'd keep track of the games I play this year, so I can look back at the end of the year and think...well..."damn, I played a lot of games".
I'll be publishing posts after I beat a game, with a review and rating (out of 5). So, without further ado, here it is! Enjoy, and thanks for reading!
NOTE: BEFORE YOU EVEN THINK ABOUT GETTING THIS GAME, GET F.E.A.R. 1 FIRST AND BEAT IT. I'M SERIOUS.
Game: F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin
Platform: PC (reviewed)/X360/PS3
Genre: Horror/First-Person Shooter
Review: Alma Wade and the F.E.A.R. team are back in another intense FPS work from Monolith Productions, F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin. This time around you play as Michael Becket, a F.E.A.R. member of a squad on a mission in another area of the city of Auburn. I won't go any further with the story, don't wanna spoil anything for ya So, onto the gameplay.
Essentially, F.E.A.R. 2 is the same as F.E.A.R. 1 in gameplay, but with a few new features. First of all, you start off without reflex (slo-mo), but you'll get that shortly into the game and feel right at home. Secondly, leaning is gone, but that doesn't really matter as it was never really needed. However, you can knock over objects to provide cover to crouch behind for any heavy firefights. Your various melee moves are still here, so feel free to wail on an enemy at close range if things are getting rough. There are some new weapons to take advantage of in the new game, ranging from the useless pistol to the epic laser. Favorites like the nail gun and disintegrator gun are back, so no worries. That's pretty much it in terms of gameplay, but the best part of the F.E.A.R. games is the atmosphere and the story (side note: additional information about the story can be acquired through intel that you pick up in levels, so READ 'EM), so I highly recommend the F.E.A.R. series simply on those aspects
All-in-all, F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin is a great first person shooter that will definitely keep you in the action and suspense all the way through. Timewise, it is typical FPS length, so while this game may not take you a whole long time to finish, it is definitely worth the time spent. The game also has a collection of achievements - both pertaining to single and multi player - to aim for, thus increasing the replay value of this game.
I highly recommend this game to any fan of the F.E.A.R. series, and to FPS fans in general.
Pros: Intense atmosphere, great story, plenty of action, great AI (although not as great as F.E.A.R. 1), sweet new weapons, achievements
Cons: Does not mention much about the events of F.E.A.R. 1, may not be long enough for some people
Note: I have not played the multiplayer. If you would like to know how the multiplayer is, ask, and I shall give you a mini-review
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2151 Active Users (290 Members and 1861 Guests)
- › [Anand] New Zen engineering sample numbers - 8 core tops out at 3.6GHz 29 seconds ago
- › Mouse from Steelseries - Rival 100 2 minutes ago
- › GTX 1070 vram overclocking issue 3 minutes ago
- › [Yahoo] Pirated live streams may be over, thanks to Cisco 4 minutes ago
- › [TH]SSDs Kill The 15K HDD, Seagate Rolls Out Last Generation 5 minutes ago
- › [guru3d] EVGA FTW 1080 and 1070 Have Overheating Issues 6 minutes ago
- › Acer XF270HU 1440 IPS 144 Hz Adaptive Sync Thread 6 minutes ago
- › [gamegpu] Battlefield 1 Benchmarks 7 minutes ago
- › EK-Titan XP water block and backplate 8 minutes ago
- › [G.Nexus] AMD Drops Prices on RX 470, RX 460 in Face of GTX 1050... 11 minutes ago
- › RockIt Delidder by Duality92
- › Corsair Hydro Series H55 Quiet CPU Coolers by AyyMD
- › Aodin Mini Smart Android Projector by jasonwell90
- › Macho X2 by AyyMD
- › Thermaltake Mini Typhoon by NotUrAvrgG33k
- › Nixeus 24in, 1920x1080, Full HD, 144Hz, FreeSync, LED Backlight... by bluedevil
- › Cherry MC 4000 by Ino.
- › DEMCiflex Dust Filter by The Sandman
- › ADATA Technology SU800 SSD Review by Jedson3614
- › be quiet! Silent Base 600 - Red by Duality92
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...
- › Intel Core i7 4790K Energy Efficiency
- › Multi Tasking on Intel Haswell CPU's
- › Intel Hyper Threading - Performance Scaling...
- › Intel Core i3 vs Core i5 vs Core i7: Gaming...
- › The Witcher 3 v1.08 - Performance Test
- › Overclock Labs - Community Review Program...