About this Blog:
Well, it's a New Year and a fresh start, and seeing as gaming is a long-time hobby of mine, I thought I'd keep track of the games I play this year, so I can look back at the end of the year and think...well..."damn, I played a lot of games".
I'll be publishing posts after I beat a game, with a review and rating (out of 5). So, without further ado, here it is! Enjoy, and thanks for reading!
NOTE: BEFORE YOU EVEN THINK ABOUT GETTING THIS GAME, GET F.E.A.R. 1 FIRST AND BEAT IT. I'M SERIOUS.
Game: F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin
Platform: PC (reviewed)/X360/PS3
Genre: Horror/First-Person Shooter
Review: Alma Wade and the F.E.A.R. team are back in another intense FPS work from Monolith Productions, F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin. This time around you play as Michael Becket, a F.E.A.R. member of a squad on a mission in another area of the city of Auburn. I won't go any further with the story, don't wanna spoil anything for ya So, onto the gameplay.
Essentially, F.E.A.R. 2 is the same as F.E.A.R. 1 in gameplay, but with a few new features. First of all, you start off without reflex (slo-mo), but you'll get that shortly into the game and feel right at home. Secondly, leaning is gone, but that doesn't really matter as it was never really needed. However, you can knock over objects to provide cover to crouch behind for any heavy firefights. Your various melee moves are still here, so feel free to wail on an enemy at close range if things are getting rough. There are some new weapons to take advantage of in the new game, ranging from the useless pistol to the epic laser. Favorites like the nail gun and disintegrator gun are back, so no worries. That's pretty much it in terms of gameplay, but the best part of the F.E.A.R. games is the atmosphere and the story (side note: additional information about the story can be acquired through intel that you pick up in levels, so READ 'EM), so I highly recommend the F.E.A.R. series simply on those aspects
All-in-all, F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin is a great first person shooter that will definitely keep you in the action and suspense all the way through. Timewise, it is typical FPS length, so while this game may not take you a whole long time to finish, it is definitely worth the time spent. The game also has a collection of achievements - both pertaining to single and multi player - to aim for, thus increasing the replay value of this game.
I highly recommend this game to any fan of the F.E.A.R. series, and to FPS fans in general.
Pros: Intense atmosphere, great story, plenty of action, great AI (although not as great as F.E.A.R. 1), sweet new weapons, achievements
Cons: Does not mention much about the events of F.E.A.R. 1, may not be long enough for some people
Note: I have not played the multiplayer. If you would like to know how the multiplayer is, ask, and I shall give you a mini-review
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2694 Active Users (433 Members and 2261 Guests)
- › Noctua NH-D15 Club 21 seconds ago
- › Dying Light 53 seconds ago
- › NVIDIA GTX 750Ti / 750 (Maxwell) Owner's club 1 minute ago
- › Start up, long delay before I can open HW monitoring programs 1 minute ago
- › Is my PC enough to run GTA V at smooth 60FPS? 1 minute ago
- › [OFFICIAL] Linux Gamers Club 2 minutes ago
- › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 780 Owner's Club 2 minutes ago
- › ASUS X99 Motherboard Series - Official Support Thread (North... 4 minutes ago
- › [Official] AMD R9 290X / 290 Owners Club 5 minutes ago
- › [SPONSORED]_____Chocolate Box_____[ITX PARVUM] 6 minutes ago
- › VisionTek USB Pocket SSD 120GB by WilliamGayde
- › Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz (3.3GHz Turbo) LGA 1150 Quad-Core Desktop... by dennphill
- › Intel Core i7-4930K 3.4GHz LGA 2011 Six-Core Desktop Processor by DamselinDistres
- › Intel Pentium Processor G3258 4 BX80646G3258 by DamselinDistres
- › Slingbox 500 Media Player w/ Remote by WilliamGayde
- › Sentey Optimus Series GS-6000 Black Computer Case by MiladEd
- › ASUS Graphics Cards R9280-DC2T-3GD5 by Depauville Kid
- › CORSAIR Hydro Series H75 CW-9060015-WW Water Cooler by GorbazTheDragon
- › AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz (4.0GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ Eight-Core Desktop... by BluePhantom1377
- › Cooler Master Cosmos II Full Tower Case - RC-1200-KKN1 - Black by sam66er
- › The Minecraft Server "Ok" Minimum
- › nVidia/AMD Graphics Cards BSOD 116/1033 Fix |...
- › To built a 4k monitor gaming rig - what type...
- › What Could Have Been - The PlayStation 4 APU
- › How to Get Linux Ubuntu Working with a GTX970...
- › The 2014 Year In Tech
- › Editors Pick Deals - Black Friday 2014
- › How to Solder Electronics
- › Broken CM Storm Xornet scroll wheel
- › A Troubling Trend