About this Blog:
Well, it's a New Year and a fresh start, and seeing as gaming is a long-time hobby of mine, I thought I'd keep track of the games I play this year, so I can look back at the end of the year and think...well..."damn, I played a lot of games".
I'll be publishing posts after I beat a game, with a review and rating (out of 5). So, without further ado, here it is! Enjoy, and thanks for reading!
NOTE: BEFORE YOU EVEN THINK ABOUT GETTING THIS GAME, GET F.E.A.R. 1 FIRST AND BEAT IT. I'M SERIOUS.
Game: F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin
Platform: PC (reviewed)/X360/PS3
Genre: Horror/First-Person Shooter
Review: Alma Wade and the F.E.A.R. team are back in another intense FPS work from Monolith Productions, F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin. This time around you play as Michael Becket, a F.E.A.R. member of a squad on a mission in another area of the city of Auburn. I won't go any further with the story, don't wanna spoil anything for ya So, onto the gameplay.
Essentially, F.E.A.R. 2 is the same as F.E.A.R. 1 in gameplay, but with a few new features. First of all, you start off without reflex (slo-mo), but you'll get that shortly into the game and feel right at home. Secondly, leaning is gone, but that doesn't really matter as it was never really needed. However, you can knock over objects to provide cover to crouch behind for any heavy firefights. Your various melee moves are still here, so feel free to wail on an enemy at close range if things are getting rough. There are some new weapons to take advantage of in the new game, ranging from the useless pistol to the epic laser. Favorites like the nail gun and disintegrator gun are back, so no worries. That's pretty much it in terms of gameplay, but the best part of the F.E.A.R. games is the atmosphere and the story (side note: additional information about the story can be acquired through intel that you pick up in levels, so READ 'EM), so I highly recommend the F.E.A.R. series simply on those aspects
All-in-all, F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin is a great first person shooter that will definitely keep you in the action and suspense all the way through. Timewise, it is typical FPS length, so while this game may not take you a whole long time to finish, it is definitely worth the time spent. The game also has a collection of achievements - both pertaining to single and multi player - to aim for, thus increasing the replay value of this game.
I highly recommend this game to any fan of the F.E.A.R. series, and to FPS fans in general.
Pros: Intense atmosphere, great story, plenty of action, great AI (although not as great as F.E.A.R. 1), sweet new weapons, achievements
Cons: Does not mention much about the events of F.E.A.R. 1, may not be long enough for some people
Note: I have not played the multiplayer. If you would like to know how the multiplayer is, ask, and I shall give you a mini-review
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2443 Active Users (444 Members and 1999 Guests)
- › 2015 HWBOT Team Points Challenge 25 seconds ago
- › [wccf] 980ti listed at zauba 43 seconds ago
- › [Official] Nvidia GeForce GTX TITAN X Owners Club 1 minute ago
- › How much IPS glow is normal? (Dell U2715H owners please take a look) 1 minute ago
- › [BUILD LOG] Raised from the dead 1 minute ago
- › Top Available Hard/Cloth Mouse pads 2 minutes ago
- › [PCP] NVIDIA Under Attack Again for GameWorks in The Witcher 3:... 3 minutes ago
- › Low FPS no matter the settings 3 minutes ago
- › Help deciding between two Z87 boards. 3 minutes ago
- › OCN Water Cooling Club And Picture Gallery 3 minutes ago
- › Rosewill Neutron Mini ITX Computer Case, Supports VGA Card Length... by Skye12977
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 by WilliamGayde
- › ASUS STRIX-GTX980-DC2OC-4GD5 GTX 980 OC 4GB GDDR5... by WeRNothiNg
- › XSPC Photon 170 Glass Tube Cylinder Reservoir by tytechguy
- › Nikon D90 12.3MP Digital SLR Camera (Body Only) by Mads1
- › XFX XTR 650W 80+ Gold Modular PSU ATX 650 Energy Star Certified... by amd-dude
- › Swiftech H220-X CPU Liquid Cooling Kit by tmontney
- › ASRock FM2A55M-HD+ Micro ATX AMD Motherboard by Elektro
- › ZOWIE GEAR ZA13 Gaming Mouse by Arizonian
- › Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-03 Red Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower... by Xylonjay
- › The Big VR Face-Off
- › Kingston Hyper X Fury Black 2x8GB 1600mhz Cl10
- › loading sound card into PCIe Slot
- › A collection of thoughts about graphics cards...
- › Intel Haswell CPU review - Core i7 4790K,...
- › Seasonic Fanless PSU Noise
- › The Minecraft Server "Ok" Minimum
- › nVidia/AMD Graphics Cards BSOD 116/1033 Fix |...
- › To built a 4k monitor gaming rig - what type...
- › What Could Have Been - The PlayStation 4 APU