About this Blog:
Well, it's a New Year and a fresh start, and seeing as gaming is a long-time hobby of mine, I thought I'd keep track of the games I play this year, so I can look back at the end of the year and think...well..."damn, I played a lot of games".
I'll be publishing posts after I beat a game, with a review and rating (out of 5). So, without further ado, here it is! Enjoy, and thanks for reading!
NOTE: BEFORE YOU EVEN THINK ABOUT GETTING THIS GAME, GET F.E.A.R. 1 FIRST AND BEAT IT. I'M SERIOUS.
Game: F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin
Platform: PC (reviewed)/X360/PS3
Genre: Horror/First-Person Shooter
Review: Alma Wade and the F.E.A.R. team are back in another intense FPS work from Monolith Productions, F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin. This time around you play as Michael Becket, a F.E.A.R. member of a squad on a mission in another area of the city of Auburn. I won't go any further with the story, don't wanna spoil anything for ya So, onto the gameplay.
Essentially, F.E.A.R. 2 is the same as F.E.A.R. 1 in gameplay, but with a few new features. First of all, you start off without reflex (slo-mo), but you'll get that shortly into the game and feel right at home. Secondly, leaning is gone, but that doesn't really matter as it was never really needed. However, you can knock over objects to provide cover to crouch behind for any heavy firefights. Your various melee moves are still here, so feel free to wail on an enemy at close range if things are getting rough. There are some new weapons to take advantage of in the new game, ranging from the useless pistol to the epic laser. Favorites like the nail gun and disintegrator gun are back, so no worries. That's pretty much it in terms of gameplay, but the best part of the F.E.A.R. games is the atmosphere and the story (side note: additional information about the story can be acquired through intel that you pick up in levels, so READ 'EM), so I highly recommend the F.E.A.R. series simply on those aspects
All-in-all, F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin is a great first person shooter that will definitely keep you in the action and suspense all the way through. Timewise, it is typical FPS length, so while this game may not take you a whole long time to finish, it is definitely worth the time spent. The game also has a collection of achievements - both pertaining to single and multi player - to aim for, thus increasing the replay value of this game.
I highly recommend this game to any fan of the F.E.A.R. series, and to FPS fans in general.
Pros: Intense atmosphere, great story, plenty of action, great AI (although not as great as F.E.A.R. 1), sweet new weapons, achievements
Cons: Does not mention much about the events of F.E.A.R. 1, may not be long enough for some people
Note: I have not played the multiplayer. If you would like to know how the multiplayer is, ask, and I shall give you a mini-review
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 3514 Active Users (907 Members and 2607 Guests)
- › [Official] EVGA Classified Owner's Club 10 seconds ago
- › [Official] TITANFALL Information & Discussion Thread 11 seconds ago
- › [Forbes] Titanfall for Xbox One may be patched to 1080p after release. 12 seconds ago
- › [joystiq] Titanfall PC's 48GB install the result of uncompressed audio 37 seconds ago
- › is max temp of 70c after 15 minutes of 100% load good for a i7... 50 seconds ago
- › [MOD] LGA775 Support For LGA771 Xeon CPUs 1 minute ago
- › The scrapyard computer 1 minute ago
- › [Newegg] 30 day free trial to Newegg Premier Membership 1 minute ago
- › OCN Water Cooling Club And Picture Gallery 1 minute ago
- › Silverstone TJ08-E Owners Club. 1 minute ago
- › Intel Core i5-4670 3.4GHz LGA 1150 Quad-Core Desktop Processor by TheOCNoob
- › MSI Z77 MPOWER Optimized DDR3 2133 16GB Kit (4 x 4GB) Quad Channel... by PROBN4LYFE
- › SteelSeries 9H Gaming Headset for PC, Mac, and Mobile Devices by Totally Dubbed
- › SteelSeries Siberia Elite Headset with Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound... by WilliamGayde
- › Diablotek DA Series PSDA400 400W Power Supply by buzzbuzzbuzz
- › 120GB SSDNOW V300 SATA 3 2.5 W/ADAPTER by buzzbuzzbuzz
- › Leopold FC200RR/AB Tenkeyless Linear Touch by Darin
- › VIZIO S4251w-B4 5.1 Soundbar with Wireless Subwoofer (Black, Set of 4) by Jolly Roger
- › AMD CPU HDZ955FBGMBOX Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition 3.2GHz AM3... by bassman78
- › ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz 1ms (GTG) Widescreen LED Backlight LCD... by xploda92
- › Calculating Power Savings from a Platinum PSU by AlphaC
- › EVGA Hadron Air Chassis - Tips &... by Coreda
- › AMD Mantle, CPU Bottlenecks, CPU Limitations,... by RagingCain
- › [Op-ed/Opinion] Why AMD needs an R9 280 or R9... by AlphaC
- › Qosmio x70-75 Overheating Solutions by Arizonian
- › How to maintain and properly setup an SSD in... by Rookie1337
- › How to get the best sound with and properly... by Rookie1337
- › H2O vs. LN2 by Slinky PC
- › Optimal Placement for Your Rig by twistedspace
- › Posting Guidelines for Hardware, Vendor, and... by Chipp