About this Blog:
Well, it's a New Year and a fresh start, and seeing as gaming is a long-time hobby of mine, I thought I'd keep track of the games I play this year, so I can look back at the end of the year and think...well..."damn, I played a lot of games".
I'll be publishing posts after I beat a game, with a review and rating (out of 5). So, without further ado, here it is! Enjoy, and thanks for reading!
NOTE: BEFORE YOU EVEN THINK ABOUT GETTING THIS GAME, GET F.E.A.R. 1 FIRST AND BEAT IT. I'M SERIOUS.
Game: F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin
Platform: PC (reviewed)/X360/PS3
Genre: Horror/First-Person Shooter
Review: Alma Wade and the F.E.A.R. team are back in another intense FPS work from Monolith Productions, F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin. This time around you play as Michael Becket, a F.E.A.R. member of a squad on a mission in another area of the city of Auburn. I won't go any further with the story, don't wanna spoil anything for ya So, onto the gameplay.
Essentially, F.E.A.R. 2 is the same as F.E.A.R. 1 in gameplay, but with a few new features. First of all, you start off without reflex (slo-mo), but you'll get that shortly into the game and feel right at home. Secondly, leaning is gone, but that doesn't really matter as it was never really needed. However, you can knock over objects to provide cover to crouch behind for any heavy firefights. Your various melee moves are still here, so feel free to wail on an enemy at close range if things are getting rough. There are some new weapons to take advantage of in the new game, ranging from the useless pistol to the epic laser. Favorites like the nail gun and disintegrator gun are back, so no worries. That's pretty much it in terms of gameplay, but the best part of the F.E.A.R. games is the atmosphere and the story (side note: additional information about the story can be acquired through intel that you pick up in levels, so READ 'EM), so I highly recommend the F.E.A.R. series simply on those aspects
All-in-all, F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin is a great first person shooter that will definitely keep you in the action and suspense all the way through. Timewise, it is typical FPS length, so while this game may not take you a whole long time to finish, it is definitely worth the time spent. The game also has a collection of achievements - both pertaining to single and multi player - to aim for, thus increasing the replay value of this game.
I highly recommend this game to any fan of the F.E.A.R. series, and to FPS fans in general.
Pros: Intense atmosphere, great story, plenty of action, great AI (although not as great as F.E.A.R. 1), sweet new weapons, achievements
Cons: Does not mention much about the events of F.E.A.R. 1, may not be long enough for some people
Note: I have not played the multiplayer. If you would like to know how the multiplayer is, ask, and I shall give you a mini-review
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2226 Active Users (290 Members and 1936 Guests)
- › [benchmark.pl] Forza Horizon 3 benchmark 33 seconds ago
- › Thermaltake Core X Case Owners Club: X1, X2, X9, X9 Snow Ed. 55 seconds ago
- › What are my upgrade options? (1090T) 3 minutes ago
- › Broadwell-E thread 3 minutes ago
- › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 1060 Owner's Club 5 minutes ago
- › Mike's Home Audio Thread 6 minutes ago
- › [Official] Forza Horizon 3 Information & Discussion Thread 8 minutes ago
- › OCN Water Cooling Club And Picture Gallery 8 minutes ago
- › Good 1440p monitor for gaming 9 minutes ago
- › [Official] Case PHANTEKS Case Club for lovers & owners 10 minutes ago
- › ADATA Technology SU800 SSD Review by Jedson3614
- › be quiet! Silent Base 600 - Red by Duality92
- › AmazonBasics High-Speed HDMI Cable - 3 Feet (Latest Standard) by TheCautiousOne
- › Microsoft Internet Keyboard PS/2 by Mingan
- › Cherry MX 6.0 Keyboard by geggeg
- › Seagate Barracuda XT 4TB ST4000DM000 by Pawelr98
- › Corsair Air Series SP 140 LED Blue High Static Pressure Fan Cooling... by Alastair
- › ASUS ROG Eagle Eye GX1000 by jordehn
- › Mondo Rez by jordehn
- › ASRock H170 Performance/Hyper by Xaltar
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...
- › Intel Core i7 4790K Energy Efficiency
- › Multi Tasking on Intel Haswell CPU's
- › Intel Hyper Threading - Performance Scaling...
- › Intel Core i3 vs Core i5 vs Core i7: Gaming...
- › The Witcher 3 v1.08 - Performance Test
- › Overclock Labs - Community Review Program...