About this Blog:
Well, it's a New Year and a fresh start, and seeing as gaming is a long-time hobby of mine, I thought I'd keep track of the games I play this year, so I can look back at the end of the year and think...well..."damn, I played a lot of games".
I'll be publishing posts after I beat a game, with a review and rating (out of 5). So, without further ado, here it is! Enjoy, and thanks for reading!
NOTE: BEFORE YOU EVEN THINK ABOUT GETTING THIS GAME, GET F.E.A.R. 1 FIRST AND BEAT IT. I'M SERIOUS.
Game: F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin
Platform: PC (reviewed)/X360/PS3
Genre: Horror/First-Person Shooter
Review: Alma Wade and the F.E.A.R. team are back in another intense FPS work from Monolith Productions, F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin. This time around you play as Michael Becket, a F.E.A.R. member of a squad on a mission in another area of the city of Auburn. I won't go any further with the story, don't wanna spoil anything for ya So, onto the gameplay.
Essentially, F.E.A.R. 2 is the same as F.E.A.R. 1 in gameplay, but with a few new features. First of all, you start off without reflex (slo-mo), but you'll get that shortly into the game and feel right at home. Secondly, leaning is gone, but that doesn't really matter as it was never really needed. However, you can knock over objects to provide cover to crouch behind for any heavy firefights. Your various melee moves are still here, so feel free to wail on an enemy at close range if things are getting rough. There are some new weapons to take advantage of in the new game, ranging from the useless pistol to the epic laser. Favorites like the nail gun and disintegrator gun are back, so no worries. That's pretty much it in terms of gameplay, but the best part of the F.E.A.R. games is the atmosphere and the story (side note: additional information about the story can be acquired through intel that you pick up in levels, so READ 'EM), so I highly recommend the F.E.A.R. series simply on those aspects
All-in-all, F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin is a great first person shooter that will definitely keep you in the action and suspense all the way through. Timewise, it is typical FPS length, so while this game may not take you a whole long time to finish, it is definitely worth the time spent. The game also has a collection of achievements - both pertaining to single and multi player - to aim for, thus increasing the replay value of this game.
I highly recommend this game to any fan of the F.E.A.R. series, and to FPS fans in general.
Pros: Intense atmosphere, great story, plenty of action, great AI (although not as great as F.E.A.R. 1), sweet new weapons, achievements
Cons: Does not mention much about the events of F.E.A.R. 1, may not be long enough for some people
Note: I have not played the multiplayer. If you would like to know how the multiplayer is, ask, and I shall give you a mini-review
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2212 Active Users (436 Members and 1776 Guests)
- › [VideoCardz]AMD launches Radeon Software ‘Crimson’ Driver 46 seconds ago
- › == Haswell-E Overclock Leaderboard & Owners Club == 56 seconds ago
- › Fullscreen and windowed - the best of both worlds 1 minute ago
- › WTB: 1155 i5 or i7 1 minute ago
- › Accidentally ran EK pump/res dry for a few seconds 2 minutes ago
- › Help safely modding my 7950 card. 2 minutes ago
- › Finalmouse 2015 2 minutes ago
- › [OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club 2 minutes ago
- › Lets build a cheap GPU water cooling loop. x3 $12 chinese water... 4 minutes ago
- › [TT] Japan Display reveals 8K (7680×4320) 120Hz LCD Panel 4 minutes ago
- › EGDE 101 by Maximillion
- › MSI Computer ATX DDR4 Motherboard Z170A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM EDITION by topdog
- › Cooler Master: Silencio FP 120 PWM by DaveLT
- › Gigabyte GV-N970G1 GAMING-4GD -GTX970 4GB DDR5 256Bit PCI Express... by amd-dude
- › Crucial MX100 256GB SATA 2.5" SSD by amd-dude
- › G303 Daedalus Apex by Frenchy
- › Bluetooth Headphones COULAX V4.1 Magneto by 8bitG33k
- › Thermaltake Core V51 Computer Case CA-1C6-00M1WN-00 Black by skypine27
- › Logitech G910 Orion Spark RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (920-006385) by Nfsdude0125
- › In Wins 805. Front and back tempered glass panels by Duality92
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...
- › Intel Core i7 4790K Energy Efficiency
- › Multi Tasking on Intel Haswell CPU's
- › Intel Hyper Threading - Performance Scaling...
- › Intel Core i3 vs Core i5 vs Core i7: Gaming...
- › The Witcher 3 v1.08 - Performance Test
- › Overclock Labs - Community Review Program...
- › P5K-VM chassis intrusion hardware fix
- › overcloking gtx 770 lightning
- › Regarding CSGO MouseMovementRecorder