About this Blog:
Well, it's a New Year and a fresh start, and seeing as gaming is a long-time hobby of mine, I thought I'd keep track of the games I play this year, so I can look back at the end of the year and think...well..."damn, I played a lot of games".
I'll be publishing posts after I beat a game, with a review and rating (out of 5). So, without further ado, here it is! Enjoy, and thanks for reading!
NOTE: BEFORE YOU EVEN THINK ABOUT GETTING THIS GAME, GET F.E.A.R. 1 FIRST AND BEAT IT. I'M SERIOUS.
Game: F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin
Platform: PC (reviewed)/X360/PS3
Genre: Horror/First-Person Shooter
Review: Alma Wade and the F.E.A.R. team are back in another intense FPS work from Monolith Productions, F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin. This time around you play as Michael Becket, a F.E.A.R. member of a squad on a mission in another area of the city of Auburn. I won't go any further with the story, don't wanna spoil anything for ya So, onto the gameplay.
Essentially, F.E.A.R. 2 is the same as F.E.A.R. 1 in gameplay, but with a few new features. First of all, you start off without reflex (slo-mo), but you'll get that shortly into the game and feel right at home. Secondly, leaning is gone, but that doesn't really matter as it was never really needed. However, you can knock over objects to provide cover to crouch behind for any heavy firefights. Your various melee moves are still here, so feel free to wail on an enemy at close range if things are getting rough. There are some new weapons to take advantage of in the new game, ranging from the useless pistol to the epic laser. Favorites like the nail gun and disintegrator gun are back, so no worries. That's pretty much it in terms of gameplay, but the best part of the F.E.A.R. games is the atmosphere and the story (side note: additional information about the story can be acquired through intel that you pick up in levels, so READ 'EM), so I highly recommend the F.E.A.R. series simply on those aspects
All-in-all, F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin is a great first person shooter that will definitely keep you in the action and suspense all the way through. Timewise, it is typical FPS length, so while this game may not take you a whole long time to finish, it is definitely worth the time spent. The game also has a collection of achievements - both pertaining to single and multi player - to aim for, thus increasing the replay value of this game.
I highly recommend this game to any fan of the F.E.A.R. series, and to FPS fans in general.
Pros: Intense atmosphere, great story, plenty of action, great AI (although not as great as F.E.A.R. 1), sweet new weapons, achievements
Cons: Does not mention much about the events of F.E.A.R. 1, may not be long enough for some people
Note: I have not played the multiplayer. If you would like to know how the multiplayer is, ask, and I shall give you a mini-review
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2406 Active Users (366 Members and 2040 Guests)
- › How To Get Voltage Slider In Afterburner Working On a 1080 Ti. 1 minute ago
- › Caselabs SMA8: Optional Front IO Panel 1 minute ago
- › [Official] RYZEN 7 1800X | 1700X |1700 Owners Club & 4GHz+ Club 2 minutes ago
- › My experience with the Asus PRIME X370-Pro 4 minutes ago
- › [Ars] Firefox 54 finally goes multiprocess, eight years after work... 4 minutes ago
- › [Official] Rise Of The Tomb Raider Information & Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Polaris Bios Editing ( RX5xx / RX4xx ) 4 minutes ago
- › Thermaltake Core X Case Owners Club: X1, X2, X9, X9 Snow Ed. 5 minutes ago
- › [Hexus] Review: Intel Core i9-7900X (14nm Skylake-X) 7 minutes ago
- › == Haswell-E Overclock Leaderboard & Owners Club == 7 minutes ago
- › ID-COOLING Auraflow 240 RGB AIO Cooler by DaveLT
- › Noctua NH-D14 SE2011 Quiet CPU Cooler for Intel LGA 2011 Socket... by DontDoCovfefe
- › Acer - GN246HL 24" LCD 1ms 144Hz HDMI 3D 1080p Monitor by oobymach
- › Enermax CPU Air Cooler 250W+ Intel/AMD PDF Design, DFR Technology,... by zenstrive
- › Samsung 850 EVO 4TB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-75E4T0B/AM) by Lady Fitzgerald
- › StarTech HSB220SAT25B 2 Drive 2.5in Trayless Hot Swap SATA Mobile... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Palit GeForce GTX 1050 Ti KalmX 4 GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 Graphics... by Duality92
- › Jonsbo VR2 - Tempered Glass and Aluminium case by Duality92
- › iiyama G-MASTER GB2788HS TN 27" Black Full HD by FuwyFun
- › Xbox Wireless Controller - White by FuwyFun
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...
- › Intel Core i7 4790K Energy Efficiency