About this Blog:
Well, it's a New Year and a fresh start, and seeing as gaming is a long-time hobby of mine, I thought I'd keep track of the games I play this year, so I can look back at the end of the year and think...well..."damn, I played a lot of games".
I'll be publishing posts after I beat a game, with a review and rating (out of 5). So, without further ado, here it is! Enjoy, and thanks for reading!
NOTE: BEFORE YOU EVEN THINK ABOUT GETTING THIS GAME, GET F.E.A.R. 1 FIRST AND BEAT IT. I'M SERIOUS.
Game: F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin
Platform: PC (reviewed)/X360/PS3
Genre: Horror/First-Person Shooter
Review: Alma Wade and the F.E.A.R. team are back in another intense FPS work from Monolith Productions, F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin. This time around you play as Michael Becket, a F.E.A.R. member of a squad on a mission in another area of the city of Auburn. I won't go any further with the story, don't wanna spoil anything for ya So, onto the gameplay.
Essentially, F.E.A.R. 2 is the same as F.E.A.R. 1 in gameplay, but with a few new features. First of all, you start off without reflex (slo-mo), but you'll get that shortly into the game and feel right at home. Secondly, leaning is gone, but that doesn't really matter as it was never really needed. However, you can knock over objects to provide cover to crouch behind for any heavy firefights. Your various melee moves are still here, so feel free to wail on an enemy at close range if things are getting rough. There are some new weapons to take advantage of in the new game, ranging from the useless pistol to the epic laser. Favorites like the nail gun and disintegrator gun are back, so no worries. That's pretty much it in terms of gameplay, but the best part of the F.E.A.R. games is the atmosphere and the story (side note: additional information about the story can be acquired through intel that you pick up in levels, so READ 'EM), so I highly recommend the F.E.A.R. series simply on those aspects
All-in-all, F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin is a great first person shooter that will definitely keep you in the action and suspense all the way through. Timewise, it is typical FPS length, so while this game may not take you a whole long time to finish, it is definitely worth the time spent. The game also has a collection of achievements - both pertaining to single and multi player - to aim for, thus increasing the replay value of this game.
I highly recommend this game to any fan of the F.E.A.R. series, and to FPS fans in general.
Pros: Intense atmosphere, great story, plenty of action, great AI (although not as great as F.E.A.R. 1), sweet new weapons, achievements
Cons: Does not mention much about the events of F.E.A.R. 1, may not be long enough for some people
Note: I have not played the multiplayer. If you would like to know how the multiplayer is, ask, and I shall give you a mini-review
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2858 Active Users (553 Members and 2305 Guests)
- › [Official] AMD Radeon HD 7950/7970/7990 Owners Thread 5 seconds ago
- › [Official] AMD R9 290X / 290 Owners Club 20 seconds ago
- › October 2014 Foldathon (20th-22nd) - Now with stretch goals and new... 1 minute ago
- › Will my cpu botteneck a GTX970? 1 minute ago
- › Dual lan. 1 minute ago
- › OCN Dave's Air Cooling Guide - Updated 2 minutes ago
- › Explosm 3 minutes ago
- › Thermaltake Core V1 Owners' Club 4 minutes ago
- › Asus Rampage V Extreme Owners thread 4 minutes ago
- › [IGN] Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare System Requirements Surface 4 minutes ago
- › BenQ XL2420TX Black-Red 24"" 5ms (2ms GTG) Widescreen... by cutty1998
- › Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz LGA1155 by Skye12977
- › AMD A10-7850K 3.7GHz Socket FM2+ Quad-Core Desktop Processor by MCCSolutions
- › AMD FX-9590 5.0GHz Socket AM3+ Eight-Core Desktop Processor by MCCSolutions
- › ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z ATX AMD Gaming Motherboard by MCCSolutions
- › TP-Link TL-WN727N 11NGB 150MB Wireless N USB Adapter by KenLautner
- › AMD Athlon X4 860K 3.7GHz Socket FM2+ Desktop Processor (BLACK... by PhillyB
- › Destiny by iARDAs
- › ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO ATX Intel Motherboard by jojoharalds
- › Intel Core i7-920 2.66GHz LGA 1366 Quad-Core Processor by DR4G00N
- › My Dream PC under $10,000 By: iRyanSparkz YT
- › How to Solder Electronics
- › Broken CM Storm Xornet scroll wheel
- › A Troubling Trend
- › The Truth About FPS
- › My First Case Mod!
- › GPU and CPU power connections
- › A Guide on how to fix Heat Problems
- › [Linux] How to enable backlight control and...
- › How To: Activate a 2012/2012 R2 Virtual Machine