About this Blog:
Well, it's a New Year and a fresh start, and seeing as gaming is a long-time hobby of mine, I thought I'd keep track of the games I play this year, so I can look back at the end of the year and think...well..."damn, I played a lot of games".
I'll be publishing posts after I beat a game, with a review and rating (out of 5). So, without further ado, here it is! Enjoy, and thanks for reading!
NOTE: BEFORE YOU EVEN THINK ABOUT GETTING THIS GAME, GET F.E.A.R. 1 FIRST AND BEAT IT. I'M SERIOUS.
Game: F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin
Platform: PC (reviewed)/X360/PS3
Genre: Horror/First-Person Shooter
Review: Alma Wade and the F.E.A.R. team are back in another intense FPS work from Monolith Productions, F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin. This time around you play as Michael Becket, a F.E.A.R. member of a squad on a mission in another area of the city of Auburn. I won't go any further with the story, don't wanna spoil anything for ya So, onto the gameplay.
Essentially, F.E.A.R. 2 is the same as F.E.A.R. 1 in gameplay, but with a few new features. First of all, you start off without reflex (slo-mo), but you'll get that shortly into the game and feel right at home. Secondly, leaning is gone, but that doesn't really matter as it was never really needed. However, you can knock over objects to provide cover to crouch behind for any heavy firefights. Your various melee moves are still here, so feel free to wail on an enemy at close range if things are getting rough. There are some new weapons to take advantage of in the new game, ranging from the useless pistol to the epic laser. Favorites like the nail gun and disintegrator gun are back, so no worries. That's pretty much it in terms of gameplay, but the best part of the F.E.A.R. games is the atmosphere and the story (side note: additional information about the story can be acquired through intel that you pick up in levels, so READ 'EM), so I highly recommend the F.E.A.R. series simply on those aspects
All-in-all, F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin is a great first person shooter that will definitely keep you in the action and suspense all the way through. Timewise, it is typical FPS length, so while this game may not take you a whole long time to finish, it is definitely worth the time spent. The game also has a collection of achievements - both pertaining to single and multi player - to aim for, thus increasing the replay value of this game.
I highly recommend this game to any fan of the F.E.A.R. series, and to FPS fans in general.
Pros: Intense atmosphere, great story, plenty of action, great AI (although not as great as F.E.A.R. 1), sweet new weapons, achievements
Cons: Does not mention much about the events of F.E.A.R. 1, may not be long enough for some people
Note: I have not played the multiplayer. If you would like to know how the multiplayer is, ask, and I shall give you a mini-review
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2048 Active Users (441 Members and 1607 Guests)
- › New Mionix Mouse 42 seconds ago
- › Crossover 44K UHD LED 40 Inch Monitor? 1 minute ago
- › Show Your Linux 3 minutes ago
- › Club for those with beastly mATX/ITX rigs. 3 minutes ago
- › First time water user, need help picking components for Ncase M1 4 minutes ago
- › [Official] Screenshot of Your Games Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Scratch Build Case Club 4 minutes ago
- › GTAV PC - Overclock.net Group 5 minutes ago
- › [MOD] LGA775 Support For LGA771 Xeon CPUs 6 minutes ago
- › Stupid Question. But when does the free Promo end? 6 minutes ago
- › Intel Core i7-5960X Processor by superericla
- › Intel Core i7-5930K Processor by Kylar182
- › BIOSTAR H81MHV3 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard by Elektro
- › Dell UltraSharp U2515H 25-Inch Screen LED-Lit Monitor by Manticorp
- › QNIX QX2710 LED Evolution ll 27" 2560x1440 WQHD PLS (LG IPS)... by Checkm8
- › Biostar TA970 Plus by Undervolter
- › HP ENVY 32-Inch Screen LED-Lit Monitor Quad-HD by johnadams
- › Corsair K70 RGB Mechanical Keyboard (Cherry MX Red) by 15goudreau
- › Aqua Computer Flow sensor "high flow" G1/4 for aquaero by Artah
- › LEPA Liquid Cooler Cooling LPWAC240-HF by Agent Smith1984
- › A collection of thoughts about graphics cards...
- › Intel Haswell CPU review - Core i7 4790K,...
- › Seasonic Fanless PSU Noise
- › The Minecraft Server "Ok" Minimum
- › nVidia/AMD Graphics Cards BSOD 116/1033 Fix |...
- › To built a 4k monitor gaming rig - what type...
- › What Could Have Been - The PlayStation 4 APU
- › How to Get Linux Ubuntu Working with a GTX970...
- › The 2014 Year In Tech
- › Editors Pick Deals - Black Friday 2014