About this Blog:
Well, it's a New Year and a fresh start, and seeing as gaming is a long-time hobby of mine, I thought I'd keep track of the games I play this year, so I can look back at the end of the year and think...well..."damn, I played a lot of games".
I'll be publishing posts after I beat a game, with a review and rating (out of 5). So, without further ado, here it is! Enjoy, and thanks for reading!
NOTE: BEFORE YOU EVEN THINK ABOUT GETTING THIS GAME, GET F.E.A.R. 1 FIRST AND BEAT IT. I'M SERIOUS.
Game: F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin
Platform: PC (reviewed)/X360/PS3
Genre: Horror/First-Person Shooter
Review: Alma Wade and the F.E.A.R. team are back in another intense FPS work from Monolith Productions, F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin. This time around you play as Michael Becket, a F.E.A.R. member of a squad on a mission in another area of the city of Auburn. I won't go any further with the story, don't wanna spoil anything for ya So, onto the gameplay.
Essentially, F.E.A.R. 2 is the same as F.E.A.R. 1 in gameplay, but with a few new features. First of all, you start off without reflex (slo-mo), but you'll get that shortly into the game and feel right at home. Secondly, leaning is gone, but that doesn't really matter as it was never really needed. However, you can knock over objects to provide cover to crouch behind for any heavy firefights. Your various melee moves are still here, so feel free to wail on an enemy at close range if things are getting rough. There are some new weapons to take advantage of in the new game, ranging from the useless pistol to the epic laser. Favorites like the nail gun and disintegrator gun are back, so no worries. That's pretty much it in terms of gameplay, but the best part of the F.E.A.R. games is the atmosphere and the story (side note: additional information about the story can be acquired through intel that you pick up in levels, so READ 'EM), so I highly recommend the F.E.A.R. series simply on those aspects
All-in-all, F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin is a great first person shooter that will definitely keep you in the action and suspense all the way through. Timewise, it is typical FPS length, so while this game may not take you a whole long time to finish, it is definitely worth the time spent. The game also has a collection of achievements - both pertaining to single and multi player - to aim for, thus increasing the replay value of this game.
I highly recommend this game to any fan of the F.E.A.R. series, and to FPS fans in general.
Pros: Intense atmosphere, great story, plenty of action, great AI (although not as great as F.E.A.R. 1), sweet new weapons, achievements
Cons: Does not mention much about the events of F.E.A.R. 1, may not be long enough for some people
Note: I have not played the multiplayer. If you would like to know how the multiplayer is, ask, and I shall give you a mini-review
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2940 Active Users (778 Members and 2162 Guests)
- › is it normal for your fps to drop when firing your weapon in multi... 11 seconds ago
- › [FS] 3930k, Asrock Extreme9, Samsung Wonder 45 seconds ago
- › Question regarding speaker cables. (Gauge, Length, Material, etc.,) 50 seconds ago
- › Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury review - by Ino 58 seconds ago
- › Mayhems users club 1 minute ago
- › What in the hell is up with random drops in GPU usage during... 1 minute ago
- › Does static pressure matter for case fans? 1 minute ago
- › [PCPER] Freesync FAQ released 1 minute ago
- › After some digging around web, the Logitech G402 'Hyperion Fury'... 1 minute ago
- › [Official] Mechanical Keyboard Club - Because saving money is boring. 2 minutes ago
- › Enermax Revolution87+ 1000 Watts Gold Certified Power Supply... by Gregory14
- › Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD by WilliamGayde
- › Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 1866 2x4gb by oldcompgeek
- › CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply by TheN00bBuilder
- › AMD A4-3300 APU with AMD Radeon 6410 HD Graphics 2.5GHz Socket FM1... by newbiegeekie
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System (Black) by t522
- › powercom SMK-2000A UPS by Zero4549
- › SILVERSTONE ST45SF-G 450W Power Supply by xxroxx
- › EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Superclocked w/ACX Cooler 3GB GDDR5 384bit... by xxroxx
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by GorbazTheDragon
- › A Troubling Trend
- › The Truth About FPS
- › My First Case Mod!
- › GPU and CPU power connections
- › A tutorial on how to fix Heat Problems
- › [Linux] How to enable backlight control and...
- › How To: Activate a 2012/2012 R2 Virtual Machine
- › Really long term project: Conversion from...
- › What I expect from Nvidia's Maxwell -...
- › mmm...my old graphiccard ... trow it, no...