About this Blog:
Well, it's a New Year and a fresh start, and seeing as gaming is a long-time hobby of mine, I thought I'd keep track of the games I play this year, so I can look back at the end of the year and think...well..."damn, I played a lot of games".
I'll be publishing posts after I beat a game, with a review and rating (out of 5). So, without further ado, here it is! Enjoy, and thanks for reading!
NOTE: BEFORE YOU EVEN THINK ABOUT GETTING THIS GAME, GET F.E.A.R. 1 FIRST AND BEAT IT. I'M SERIOUS.
Game: F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin
Platform: PC (reviewed)/X360/PS3
Genre: Horror/First-Person Shooter
Review: Alma Wade and the F.E.A.R. team are back in another intense FPS work from Monolith Productions, F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin. This time around you play as Michael Becket, a F.E.A.R. member of a squad on a mission in another area of the city of Auburn. I won't go any further with the story, don't wanna spoil anything for ya So, onto the gameplay.
Essentially, F.E.A.R. 2 is the same as F.E.A.R. 1 in gameplay, but with a few new features. First of all, you start off without reflex (slo-mo), but you'll get that shortly into the game and feel right at home. Secondly, leaning is gone, but that doesn't really matter as it was never really needed. However, you can knock over objects to provide cover to crouch behind for any heavy firefights. Your various melee moves are still here, so feel free to wail on an enemy at close range if things are getting rough. There are some new weapons to take advantage of in the new game, ranging from the useless pistol to the epic laser. Favorites like the nail gun and disintegrator gun are back, so no worries. That's pretty much it in terms of gameplay, but the best part of the F.E.A.R. games is the atmosphere and the story (side note: additional information about the story can be acquired through intel that you pick up in levels, so READ 'EM), so I highly recommend the F.E.A.R. series simply on those aspects
All-in-all, F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin is a great first person shooter that will definitely keep you in the action and suspense all the way through. Timewise, it is typical FPS length, so while this game may not take you a whole long time to finish, it is definitely worth the time spent. The game also has a collection of achievements - both pertaining to single and multi player - to aim for, thus increasing the replay value of this game.
I highly recommend this game to any fan of the F.E.A.R. series, and to FPS fans in general.
Pros: Intense atmosphere, great story, plenty of action, great AI (although not as great as F.E.A.R. 1), sweet new weapons, achievements
Cons: Does not mention much about the events of F.E.A.R. 1, may not be long enough for some people
Note: I have not played the multiplayer. If you would like to know how the multiplayer is, ask, and I shall give you a mini-review
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2481 Active Users (484 Members and 1997 Guests)
- › Why no OC EU servers? 8 seconds ago
- › Whats your push to talk key? 11 seconds ago
- › [Gurud3D] FBI can access people's webcams without trigging the on... 55 seconds ago
- › Hi Newbie Flabby 1 minute ago
- › Is there anything wrong with this build? 1 minute ago
- › SLI Connections 1 minute ago
- › Phanteks Enthoo Primo Owner's Club 2 minutes ago
- › [VTZ] IN WIN 904 Review 3 minutes ago
- › [Official] AMD R9 290X / 290 Owners Club 4 minutes ago
- › EVGA announced GTX 780 Ti CLASSIFIED! 4 minutes ago
- › Lsi Internal SATA/SAS 9211-8i 6Gb/s PCI-Express 2.0 RAID Controller... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › BGears 120mm Fan Filter by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Datavac Electric Duster by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Evga SuperNOVA 1000 G2 by Archea47
- › Amped Wireless High Power 700mW Dual Band AC Wi-Fi Range Extender... by WilliamGayde
- › CASE ROSEWILL / BLACKHAWK Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case by ricwoodard
- › Rosewill REDBONE Black Computer Case by Algorithm
- › GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 660 GV-N660OC-2GD Video Card by djthrottleboi
- › OCZ Technology 60 GB Vertex 3 Series SATA III 6.0 Gb-s 2.5-Inch... by Blue Dragon
- › Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler (RR-212E-20PK-R1) by himwhoscalledim
- › Steelseries Siberia v2 FrostBlue Edition USB... by kyuren95
- › H2O vs. LN2 by Slinky PC
- › Optimal Placement for Your Rig by twistedspace
- › Chat over LAN without cmd using LAN Messenger. by agentoo7
- › Posting Guidelines for Hardware, Vendor, and... by Chipp
- › fan control modding by Dalbaa
- › Why Bonaire is overrated and R7-260X is a... by AlphaC
- › Estimating Fan requirements (draft) by AlphaC
- › Rate My Build by mezzi2010
- › DRAFT : R9 290X compute & workstation by AlphaC