Fifteen Daily Nibbles February 26 2009
Here is today's serving of hors d'oeuvres for the mind:
Be good, kids!
- Speak plainly; that way it's not your fault if you're misunderstood.
- Today's Giant of Literature is John Donne.
- TV play-by-play man Joel Meyers is easily the most annoying person associated with the Los Angeles Lakers; if you cannot see what's happening on TV and have to rely on Meyers to know what's happening in the game, you're doomed to be extremely frustrated (because the fool is a total failure at describing what's going on in the game).
- I sorely miss Chick Hearn, who must be turning in his grave because that idiotic fool Meyers is now the so-called "TV Voice of the Los Angeles Lakers."
- Sketches and outtakes and demo recordings are often far more instructive and interesting than the finished works.
- Respect may be something that people earn, but in truth everybody is entitled to have it by default.
- When people argue over Coke or Pepsi, I just say "Barq's, please."
- My own levels of patience are like the tides, in that they are always in an endless cycle of rising and falling.
- I've presently got a craving for some Shakey's Pizza (thin crust, with pepperoni on top), Mojo Potatoes and their divine fried chicken.
- Today's "Song You May Have Never Heard Before" is U2's "Running to Stand Still."
- There are few things more satisfying than a perfectly executed, rev-matched heel-and-toe downshift.
- A dear old friend sent me this: In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a Congress. -- John Adams
- Today's Influential Person is Mohandas Gandhi.
- The word of the day is: Clairvoyant.
- This blog entry feels like one giant fortune cookie.
Be good, kids!