Although I had promised myself not to put any more money on Fr0stbyte on new year's eve, I knew my resolution wouldn't last long, like all the others. I got tired of getting thermal shutdowns on my 8800 GT (probably the memory), so I treated myself to a Thermaltake Duorb, a cooler which from what I heard is so fit for the GT that it's as if it were made for it.
So far, I've got it installed and tested the temperatures, but nothing more, and seriously, I'm blown away. I don't understand how two small heatpipes, a handful of aluminum heatsinks can cool that much. My temps used to be in the high 40s low 50s idle, and remained that way even after the BIOS fan fix, but the Duorb manages to keep my card at 36 idle, CLOSED CASE! Take my best idle temp with the stock cooler, being 48, and that's a whole 12C drop. And we're not even talking about memory.
Some people have criticized the Duorb because it just swings the ambient case air around instead of throwing it out by the back, but for a casual gamer like me who almost never games for hours on end straight, it's a major upgrade, and it looks kick ass with my V1 and all the other case fans.
Let's hope it allows me to BIOS mod to over the Akimbo clocks with the vmod. As for the memory and shader clock which seemed to be heating up quickly and causing crashes, I'm pretty my clever placement of heatsinks will get the job done.
A review is coming soon, as are the pics.
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2514 Active Users (428 Members and 2086 Guests)
- › SL is great, got an Awesome processor, then I as an idiot broke it. 16 seconds ago
- › [Various] Gigabyte Teases GeForce GTX 1070 Ti on Facebook Page... 1 minute ago
- › [Various] Samsung 2017 monitor lineup 2 minutes ago
- › [engadget] HTC Vive to stream directly from the Cloud 2 minutes ago
- › Samsung Choice: 512 GB 850 Pro, 1 TB 850 Pro, or 1 TB 850 Evo 3 minutes ago
- › anyone whoever used func liquid on cloth mousepads? 4 minutes ago
- › What would you upgrade first? 4 minutes ago
- › reverse engineering 3366 4 minutes ago
- › [Official] BitCoin LiteCoin DigitalCoin and all Crypto Currencies... 5 minutes ago
- › ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread 5 minutes ago
- › Phanteks PH-F140MP_BBK_PWM 140mm fan by AlphaC
- › Seasonic Flagship PRIME SERIES SSR-1200PD 1200W PLATINUM FULL... by mllrkllr88
- › Corsair Obsidian 750D Computer Case With Side Panel Window by The_Rocker
- › Asus Xonar Essence STX 124 dB SNR / Headphone AMP Card by The_Rocker
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by The_Rocker
- › Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.3GHz LGA 2011-v3 140W... by foofer1233
- › Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2 1 LGA 2011 Processor - BX80619I73930K by powerhouse
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › ID-COOLING SE214L Snow Edition CPU Heatsink by DaveLT
- › Hands-On: TCL 55″ P-Series 4K HDR TV is...
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...