A friend of mine at uni who's working on a final year project for his business degree came to me for help last week. His project involves him and three other students seting up a real business and tradeing. They'd chosen the simple idea of selling guitar picks, t-shirts, and buttons with custom logo's and designs on. Everything had been prepared, such as suppliers, VAT registration and the like, unfortunately they didn't have a website for their company.
I'm not the most creative person when it comes to makeing a website look nice so I asked Ian to provide me with a rough sketch, or design, as to how they wanted the site to look and what the text should say. I would then convert the design to HTML code so that they could host it via Go-Daddy. I was given the layout as a Microsoft Publisher document and duly set to work.
When it came to developing the site I simply used Chami's HTML-Kit and good old Microsoft Paint to resize the images taken from the Publisher document. The site only took four hours to code and best of all I was £40 to do it. Even though I could definately get used to this sort of work, unfortunately most website developers don't have the luxury of their cusomer being so specific as to a site's layout. That said, it has given me the inspiration to look into a business venture of my own.
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2212 Active Users (393 Members and 1819 Guests)
- › [Official] Asus Rampage IV Black Edition Owners Club! 20 seconds ago
- › Ryzen Threadripper 1950X in my sights 1 minute ago
- › ASUS X299 Motherboard Series - Official Support Thread 1 minute ago
- › Samsung SM961 NVMe Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Vega Frontier / RX Vega Owners/Info thread. 4 minutes ago
- › [Various] Asus Strix Vega Tested 5 minutes ago
- › SteelSeries Rival & Sensei 310 Discussion 5 minutes ago
- › [Videocardz] ASUS X399 Motherboard: ZENITH EXTREME 5 minutes ago
- › [OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club 6 minutes ago
- › how is windows 10 on 1700x now? 7 minutes ago
- › Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2 1 LGA 2011 Processor - BX80619I73930K by powerhouse
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › ID-COOLING SE214L Snow Edition CPU Heatsink by DaveLT
- › Team Dark 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200)... by ADmodz
- › Logitech Wireless Keyboard K360 (Dark Silver) (920-003366) by enes13mes
- › PDF Studio 12 - Advanced PDF Editor for Windows - Pro Edition... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Brand New Fujitsu ScanSnap ix500 Portable Document Scanner... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Tecware Phantom Backlit Mechanical Keyboard (Red / White Backlit... by DaveLT
- › Allsop XL Mouse Pad- Raindrop Blue by neilyo
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...