So you probably already know this, but Games for Windows Live sucks. Hard. I finally got around to installing Batman: Arkham Asylum a few days ago, but hadn't played it yet. I had about 45 minutes to kill last night before my wife got home, so I thought I would give it a go. GFWL had other ideas.
I signed in and it wanted to do an update, no biggie. Five minutes later, rinse and repeat...another update? Okay, so maybe they don't have cumulative updates...unusual in this day and age, but not unheard of. So I push forward...and lo and behold, rinse and repeat. It wants to do it yet again?!? Something is wrong, it must not be updating...
So I exit Batman and run GFWL standalone...this time it actually appears to do the update, since now it's called Games for Windows Marketplace. Oookay. Try to sign in...boom, no thank you, cannot connect because of "80070005" or something like that. Try again later. Maybe I can play without signing in, like StarCraft 2? Nope, won't let me save if I do that.
Ooookay. Many Google pages later (most having the same problem I have, but with Windows Messenger, and none with a strong "this will work" solution), I am trying to change the permissions on my user folder. Do a reboot, login to the Administrator account this time, and I can connect. Victory! Right? Wrong! Back in my non-privileged account where I live and play games, I still cannot connect! AAAARRRRGGGHHH!!!
Even more Google pages later, I find the magic elixir: Click a fairly inobtrusive link on the login screen labeled "Forget Profile", then login again. VICTORY!!! I logged in!!! (Now why the hell wasn't this painfully simple solution popping up on Google?!?)
But crap...now I am forced to download the v1.1 patch. That takes about 10 minutes. Finally, the game actually launches and I can play!!! Except...now my wife is home and I'm out of time. *sigh* Maybe this weekend.
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2501 Active Users (361 Members and 2140 Guests)
- › Ninox Venator 3360 2 minutes ago
- › [Official] Diablo III Information and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › LG 34UC88/34UC98/34UM88 Monitors Thread 6 minutes ago
- › [Official] OCN Retro - The Overclock.net Retrogaming Club 7 minutes ago
- › Intermittent Ear cup fault on DT880s 7 minutes ago
- › [Official] Vega Frontier / RX Vega Owners Thread 7 minutes ago
- › [OFFICIAL] PLAYERUNKNOWN's Battlegrounds Information & Discussion... 9 minutes ago
- › Xeon X5670 troubles 10 minutes ago
- › NVIDIA GTX 750Ti / 750 (Maxwell) Owner's club 13 minutes ago
- › Water cooling the ASUS 1080 Ti Turbo 14 minutes ago
- › Phanteks PH-F140MP_BBK_PWM 140mm fan by AlphaC
- › Seasonic Flagship PRIME SERIES SSR-1200PD 1200W PLATINUM FULL... by mllrkllr88
- › Corsair Obsidian 750D Computer Case With Side Panel Window by The_Rocker
- › Asus Xonar Essence STX 124 dB SNR / Headphone AMP Card by The_Rocker
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by The_Rocker
- › Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.3GHz LGA 2011-v3 140W... by foofer1233
- › Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2 1 LGA 2011 Processor - BX80619I73930K by powerhouse
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › ID-COOLING SE214L Snow Edition CPU Heatsink by DaveLT
- › Hands-On: TCL 55″ P-Series 4K HDR TV is...
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...