Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, itttttssssss TIME! 4 cores of 2.3GHZ clock speed, with 4GB of DDR2 1000mhz and coupled with a lean, mean 4670, the "4 Cores of Awesomeness" is coming!
Don't mind my last post on that AMD rig, here is what I am getting:
ASRock P45XE ATX Motherboard with Intel P45 chipset
Intel Core2 Quad Q8200 processor 2.33GHZ Yorkfield socket 775 4MB 1333mhz FSB
Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro LGA775 2500RPM
OCZ Freeze Extreme Thermal Compound
OCZ Platinum XTC 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2-1000 dual channel memory kit
Sapphire Radeon HD 4670 512MB GDDR3
Not the world's best rig by any means, but much better than my single core p4 that I had. Main reasons for upgrading includes:
-Some games like Crysis, UT3, Grid, and Left 4 Dead had to be run at low settings to run >30fps
-Playback of 720p high definition files would sometimes not be possible
-Folding@Home can benefit more by me joining it with my Radeon 4670
-4 cores for BOINC = 4x more results = faster cancer conquering
-Video conversion needs to be faster
Overall, I thought that it was time for me to upgrade, although the average user will still have no issue running a p4 with 2GB of ram, I needed more power, not just for myself, but for humanity (Folding, and Boinc)
Well that ends this blog, can't speak much more about the upgrade until the parts actually arrive, stay tuned for my complete blog on the "4 Cores of Awesomeness"
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2453 Active Users (363 Members and 2090 Guests)
- › Amd fx 8370 on wraith cooler HIGH temp. Is the wraith cooler a joke? 47 seconds ago
- › Need Advice for Replacing My GA-78LMT-USB3 With a Newer & Better MB 2 minutes ago
- › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti Owner's Club 3 minutes ago
- › RGB or RGBW need help choosing the correct strips for my mobo! 3 minutes ago
- › [VideoCardz] Intel preps dual-core i3-7360X for X299, but why? 5 minutes ago
- › Skylake-X/Kaby Lake-X Combined Discussion 5 minutes ago
- › [Official] RYZEN 7 1800X | 1700X |1700 Owners Club & 4GHz+ Club 7 minutes ago
- › [PCG/Hexus] DDR5 memory is twice as fast as DDR4 and slated for 2019 8 minutes ago
- › [Various] 6C Coffee Lake Lineup: i7-8700K & i5-8600K / CPU-Z +... 8 minutes ago
- › ASUS Rampage VI Apex (x299) Owners 8 minutes ago
- › Phanteks PH-F140MP_BBK_PWM 140mm fan by AlphaC
- › Seasonic Flagship PRIME SERIES SSR-1200PD 1200W PLATINUM FULL... by mllrkllr88
- › Corsair Obsidian 750D Computer Case With Side Panel Window by The_Rocker
- › Asus Xonar Essence STX 124 dB SNR / Headphone AMP Card by The_Rocker
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by The_Rocker
- › Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.3GHz LGA 2011-v3 140W... by foofer1233
- › Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2 1 LGA 2011 Processor - BX80619I73930K by powerhouse
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › ID-COOLING SE214L Snow Edition CPU Heatsink by DaveLT
- › Hands-On: TCL 55″ P-Series 4K HDR TV is...
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...