Well I never got to posting the benchmarks when I wanted to, but here they are finally! I am truly impressed at the raw amount of processing power increase that the Q8200 offered. Since I was coming from a P4 that was 3.24GHZ and hyperthreading to a Q8200 with 4 core @2.33GHZ, I wasn't expecting performance increases of > 4x in some applications, but here we are! As well, ATI proved to me that you don't need a power hungry GPU to process graphics, look at the 4670! Although it is not said in the benchmarking excel file, on my old P4, I was fighting to get >25fps in UT3 at 1024x768 with visuals at max and 16 bots, but now, I can get nearly Vsync on my monitor at 1280x1024 with 32 bots. Really amazing.
I would like to thank everyone that has helped me in my decision making process on getting the parts for my new rig!
Now with no further interruptions, here is the BENCHMARKS!
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 1774 Active Users (260 Members and 1514 Guests)
- › [Twitter] JayzTwoCents: "I no longer recommend Radeon" 7 seconds ago
- › [Official] AMD R9 Radeon FURY / NANO / X / Pro DUO FIJI Owners Club 31 seconds ago
- › NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti Owner's Club 1 minute ago
- › LGA1155 DDR4 Mini ITX Motherboard 3 minutes ago
- › Thermaltake Core P3 Owner's Club 3 minutes ago
- › Galvanic Corrosion and Rust 5 minutes ago
- › Is this consider a good build for a pure focus gaming pc 8 minutes ago
- › [Official] RYZEN 7 1800X | 1700X |1700 Owners Club & 4GHz+ Club 10 minutes ago
- › Looking to upgrade,please help.(best g sync monitor) 11 minutes ago
- › *Official* Intel DDR4 24/7 Memory Stability Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2 1 LGA 2011 Processor - BX80619I73930K by powerhouse
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › ID-COOLING SE214L Snow Edition CPU Heatsink by DaveLT
- › Team Dark 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200)... by ADmodz
- › Logitech Wireless Keyboard K360 (Dark Silver) (920-003366) by enes13mes
- › PDF Studio 12 - Advanced PDF Editor for Windows - Pro Edition... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Brand New Fujitsu ScanSnap ix500 Portable Document Scanner... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Tecware Phantom Backlit Mechanical Keyboard (Red / White Backlit... by DaveLT
- › Allsop XL Mouse Pad- Raindrop Blue by neilyo
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...