I did it...I finally finished a game...
Man, it's been crazy how much time I have NOT had to game. And now that I have two kids, there is no end to that in sight. Time to readjust my expectations, I guess. But I did manage to finally finish Dragon Age Origins this week, a game I started 9.5 months ago. Moving on to Starcraft II now; I had played half the campaign before the baby was born, time to pick that up again. Still not tried multiplayer yet...maybe I will, maybe I won't, I've always been more of a solo gamer.
Anyway, Dragon Age...excellent game, recommend it to anyone. Definitely evoked the Baldur's Gate feel (which makes me concerned for DA2, since they're changing a lot of it). If I had one complaint, it's that the story was too "episodic". It starts with the intro to the big, bad story arc; then goes off on four completely independent story "episodes" with minimal real progression of the "main" story; and then, when all four are done, you move on to the Landsmeet to pick up the "real" story again, and then BA-BOOM the game is over. Finding a way to entangle the four episodes into the main story better could have made the whole game feel more "epic". But that's nitpicky, each of the episodes was excellent in its own right, so I should not be complaining.
So all I am playing now is SC2. After that, my plan is to play Final Fantasy 13. Other games I already own but have yet to start are GTA:Libery City Stories, Batman Arkam Asylum, and Neverwinter Nights 2. And I still want to buy Halo Reach, Civ 5, and Bioshock 2. Egads, I'm doomed...I will never get to play all of these games...
Currently, there are 1788 Active Users (221 Members and 1567 Guests)
- › ASUS Rampage VI Extreme (X299) Official Owners 1 minute ago
- › [Polygon] The Duke, Xbox’s biggest controller of all time, will be... 3 minutes ago
- › Best method for file storage on Hyper-V 2016 Server 4 minutes ago
- › [Techcrunch] Mercedes-Benz will electrify its entire car lineup by... 4 minutes ago
- › Evga FTW3 GTX 1080 Ti Owner's Thread 7 minutes ago
- › [Various] 6C Coffee Lake Lineup: i7-8700K & i5-8600K / CPU-Z +... 7 minutes ago
- › Polaris Bios Editing ( RX5xx / RX4xx ) 9 minutes ago
- › [Apple] iPhone X Reveal 9 minutes ago
- › [Vortez] UK Modder's Project "GOLD RUSH" Severely Damaged Following... 10 minutes ago
- › [Official] ASUS X99-E WS Owner's thread 11 minutes ago
- › Phanteks PH-F140MP_BBK_PWM 140mm fan by AlphaC
- › Seasonic Flagship PRIME SERIES SSR-1200PD 1200W PLATINUM FULL... by mllrkllr88
- › Corsair Obsidian 750D Computer Case With Side Panel Window by The_Rocker
- › Asus Xonar Essence STX 124 dB SNR / Headphone AMP Card by The_Rocker
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by The_Rocker
- › Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.3GHz LGA 2011-v3 140W... by foofer1233
- › Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2 1 LGA 2011 Processor - BX80619I73930K by powerhouse
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › ID-COOLING SE214L Snow Edition CPU Heatsink by DaveLT
- › Hands-On: TCL 55″ P-Series 4K HDR TV is...
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...