pop POW!! went the 750watt PSU
so glad nothing else was damaged. It was obviously the PSU. When i took off the side panel it was too hot to handle. After it cooled off and fretting with it (it seemed undamaged when i took it apart) i put my Obsessive Compulsive talent to work on shopping for a new PSU.
Found a nice 1000watt modular PSU for $80 incl shipping. Arrived on the third day (and my Crocs i ordered the day before are still in transit) and was a pleasure to install. Going with the HR Giger look.
Everything cranked up fine and as i suspected the errors coming from some of the HDDs must have been a power flow problem as i have eight drives running now without any problems.
Next is water cooling. The hurricane fan i installed in the Cooler Master V8 just wasn't worth the effort to rewire it for speed control and i re-installed the stock fan, but once i find a nice water block ... heheheh it will be ON like Cheech and Chong!
BTW.. the gtx 480 flat SMOKES.. the only application i have that will strain it below 60fps is Crysis and even then it's 37fps (all settings enthusiast) with a $#|+ load going on.
Enjoy your flight
Currently, there are 2038 Active Users (289 Members and 1749 Guests)
- › [OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club 56 seconds ago
- › [Official] Vega Frontier / RX Vega Owners Thread 2 minutes ago
- › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti Owner's Club 2 minutes ago
- › ASUS Rampage VI Extreme (X299) Official Owners 3 minutes ago
- › [Official] Case PHANTEKS Case Club for lovers & owners 4 minutes ago
- › AMD X399 (Socket TR4) VRM thread 4 minutes ago
- › Suggestions for Comcast Modem 10 minutes ago
- › [PCG/Hexus] DDR5 memory is twice as fast as DDR4 and slated for 2019 10 minutes ago
- › Bluetooth Not Working on Asus X99 Deluxe 11 minutes ago
- › OCN Aquaero Owners Club 11 minutes ago
- › Phanteks PH-F140MP_BBK_PWM 140mm fan by AlphaC
- › Seasonic Flagship PRIME SERIES SSR-1200PD 1200W PLATINUM FULL... by mllrkllr88
- › Corsair Obsidian 750D Computer Case With Side Panel Window by The_Rocker
- › Asus Xonar Essence STX 124 dB SNR / Headphone AMP Card by The_Rocker
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by The_Rocker
- › Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.3GHz LGA 2011-v3 140W... by foofer1233
- › Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2 1 LGA 2011 Processor - BX80619I73930K by powerhouse
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › ID-COOLING SE214L Snow Edition CPU Heatsink by DaveLT
- › Hands-On: TCL 55″ P-Series 4K HDR TV is...
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...