Well our harvest is pretty close to 3 weeks late this year so I have been working like a mad man for the past month. large amounts of rain have delayed things. (over 6" in some spots)
I have seen some funny things since I started in this industry however what happend yesterday was what brought me to share it with you.
I was called by a customer who was out in the combine and his auto steer was not working right. So I got the directions and went out to the field to take a look at it. upon my arrival I found the combine parked and the customer sitting inside waiting. When I climbed in he asked what took me so long to get there (he is 110 miles away...do the math on that) I told him that I left right after we talked. he is 84 years old and has been farming all of his life... and see a lot change over the years.. he is using a $500,000 combine with GPS auto steer.
and he told me that the auto steer just stopped working and he has been waiting for me to get there to fix it. I said "what did you do before auto steer?" he said "I don't want to drive it because I have become used to sitting in the cab with my arms crossed listening to talk radio." poked around changed some settings back to the way they should have been and he was off and running. (could have fixed it over the phone but he is affraid of the buttons.) After I left I got to thinking has todays tech made us that dependant, that if it stops working we can get buy doing it the old fashioned way? what are your thoughts on this?
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2511 Active Users (389 Members and 2122 Guests)
- › [PCG/Hexus] DDR5 memory is twice as fast as DDR4 and slated for 2019 28 seconds ago
- › Acer Predator XB272-HDR and Asus ROG Swift PG27UQ ( 4K 27" 144Hz... 48 seconds ago
- › Dream Machines DM1 Pro S 4 minutes ago
- › [Official] Screenshot of Your Games Thread 4 minutes ago
- › My experience with the Asus PRIME X370-Pro 6 minutes ago
- › Nvme ssd raid0 worth it? (Threadripper) 6 minutes ago
- › UPS' 8 minutes ago
- › [Official] BitCoin LiteCoin DigitalCoin and all Crypto Currencies... 9 minutes ago
- › Upgrading HTPC for HDR10 and Dolby Vision 10 minutes ago
- › USB polling precision 10 minutes ago
- › Phanteks PH-F140MP_BBK_PWM 140mm fan by AlphaC
- › Seasonic Flagship PRIME SERIES SSR-1200PD 1200W PLATINUM FULL... by mllrkllr88
- › Corsair Obsidian 750D Computer Case With Side Panel Window by The_Rocker
- › Asus Xonar Essence STX 124 dB SNR / Headphone AMP Card by The_Rocker
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by The_Rocker
- › Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.3GHz LGA 2011-v3 140W... by foofer1233
- › Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2 1 LGA 2011 Processor - BX80619I73930K by powerhouse
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › ID-COOLING SE214L Snow Edition CPU Heatsink by DaveLT
- › Hands-On: TCL 55″ P-Series 4K HDR TV is...
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...