I was finally able to build myself a new rig and ive been trying to get it overclocked really well.
Heres what i got in my rig.
EVGA 790i ultra mobo
Intel Q9550 quad core cpu
6 gigs of OCZ Reaper HPC DDR3 1333 (pc3 10666)
2x Evga 7900 GTX Ko's
Coolermaster real power pro 1000w psu. sli certified.
Asus v-60 92mm vapo bearing cpu cooler.
im just getting back into overclocking alot again, so im a bit rusty with some of the new stuff.
I havent tried going crazy with Ocing the processor yet. I ve got it running stable at 3.2ghz and temps seem to be between 49-58 C depending on the cpu load. Ive been thinking of gettin a better cpu fan ,but not sure what to get atm.
The main problem ive been having seems to be Ram related.
I updated the mobo bios which were supposed to fix alot of ram issues but im still having trouble.
For some reason the mobo is saying the ram is 1066 ram instead of 1333. and it sets the voltage automatically to 1.5 volts instead of 1.75 which ocz states on the site.
I upped the voltage to 1.75 and the ram to 1333 mhz and got it stable, but not at the advertised 6-6-6-20 timings. i had to set the timings to 7-7-7-22-2t to get them stable at the supposed stock settings. Not sure whats up with that. Im still trying to get used to Overclocking again, so i havent wanted to take too many chances.
If anyone is familiar with my setup and has any recommendations on CPU fsb settings,voltages, or memory voltages ,timings etc. Please give me your input. Im sure i can get alot more performance out of this board,but for now basically ive messed with the settings that im familiar with and set most of the others that im not to sure about on "auto" in the bios.
Please any advice or recommendations would be appreciated.
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2088 Active Users (428 Members and 1660 Guests)
- › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 970 Owner's Club 33 seconds ago
- › 3x Asus R9 290x cards and 3x Powercolor 7950"s ( water cooled ) 44 seconds ago
- › [Official] Nvidia GTX 980 Ti Owners Club 1 minute ago
- › Windows 10 Memory issues 2 minutes ago
- › [Official] nVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X Owners Club 2 minutes ago
- › Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Worth waiting for? 4 minutes ago
- › 120mm Radiator Fans under $10 4 minutes ago
- › [Official] EVGA Hadron Air Owners Club 5 minutes ago
- › [Sponsored] "47" - Watercooled NZXT Manta, Z170 and Fury X 5 minutes ago
- › Skylake Overclocking Guide [With Statistics] 6 minutes ago
- › Phanteks 850RPM Case Fan Blades 20030mm Fan Retail Cooling... by MadjinnSayan
- › BenQ XL2730Z 144Hz 1ms 27 inch Gaming Monitor with High Resolution... by Dargonplay
- › Swiftech H240-X CPU Liquid Cooling Kit by Nick-F
- › Lamptron Fan Controller FC-5 Black Version 2, Changeable Display... by Ultisym
- › TR TY-147 140 mm, 2 ball bearing fan, low noise emission. by MadjinnSayan
- › AeroCool Shark 140mm Case cooler by Alastair
- › BitFenix Spectre Pro BFF-LPRO-23030B-RP Blue LED Case Fan by Alastair
- › HD 429S - Headset ( Ohrenschale ) by obikenobi27
- › AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz (4.0GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ Eight-Core Desktop... by MatthewGB
- › CORSAIR CX600M 600W Power Supply by MatthewGB
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...
- › Intel Core i7 4790K Energy Efficiency
- › Multi Tasking on Intel Haswell CPU's
- › Intel Hyper Threading - Performance Scaling...
- › Intel Core i3 vs Core i5 vs Core i7: Gaming...
- › The Witcher 3 v1.08 - Performance Test
- › Overclock Labs - Community Review Program...
- › P5K-VM chassis intrusion hardware fix