I was finally able to build myself a new rig and ive been trying to get it overclocked really well.
Heres what i got in my rig.
EVGA 790i ultra mobo
Intel Q9550 quad core cpu
6 gigs of OCZ Reaper HPC DDR3 1333 (pc3 10666)
2x Evga 7900 GTX Ko's
Coolermaster real power pro 1000w psu. sli certified.
Asus v-60 92mm vapo bearing cpu cooler.
im just getting back into overclocking alot again, so im a bit rusty with some of the new stuff.
I havent tried going crazy with Ocing the processor yet. I ve got it running stable at 3.2ghz and temps seem to be between 49-58 C depending on the cpu load. Ive been thinking of gettin a better cpu fan ,but not sure what to get atm.
The main problem ive been having seems to be Ram related.
I updated the mobo bios which were supposed to fix alot of ram issues but im still having trouble.
For some reason the mobo is saying the ram is 1066 ram instead of 1333. and it sets the voltage automatically to 1.5 volts instead of 1.75 which ocz states on the site.
I upped the voltage to 1.75 and the ram to 1333 mhz and got it stable, but not at the advertised 6-6-6-20 timings. i had to set the timings to 7-7-7-22-2t to get them stable at the supposed stock settings. Not sure whats up with that. Im still trying to get used to Overclocking again, so i havent wanted to take too many chances.
If anyone is familiar with my setup and has any recommendations on CPU fsb settings,voltages, or memory voltages ,timings etc. Please give me your input. Im sure i can get alot more performance out of this board,but for now basically ive messed with the settings that im familiar with and set most of the others that im not to sure about on "auto" in the bios.
Please any advice or recommendations would be appreciated.
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2267 Active Users (553 Members and 1714 Guests)
- › how do i start the asus z87 rog hero in safe mode ? 3 seconds ago
- › [PCGamer] Kojima: Metal Gear Solid V could come to PC "if people... 11 seconds ago
- › [Official] Cooler Master HAF-XB Club! 12 seconds ago
- › [Forbes] 'Titanfall' Will Have A Season Pass, Paid And Free DLC 1 minute ago
- › 3770K @ 4.6 GHz bottlenicking 2 x R9 290X's ? 1 minute ago
- › How my AMD Phenom II x4 940 survived 100 celcious and still lives.... 2 minutes ago
- › $1400 Thermal Paste 5 minutes ago
- › [WashingtonPost] California bar bans Google Glass, fears recording 5 minutes ago
- › OCN Water Cooling Club And Picture Gallery 5 minutes ago
- › GTX 750 Ti mining 6 minutes ago
- › SteelSeries 9H Gaming Headset for PC, Mac, and Mobile Devices by WilliamGayde
- › Leopold FC200RR/AB Tenkeyless Linear Touch by Darin
- › VIZIO S4251w-B4 5.1 Soundbar with Wireless Subwoofer (Black, Set of 4) by Jolly Roger
- › AMD CPU HDZ955FBGMBOX Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition 3.2GHz AM3... by bassman78
- › ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz 1ms (GTG) Widescreen LED Backlight LCD... by xploda92
- › BIOSTAR A88M Ver. 6.2 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail by kosynth
- › Dell UltraSharp 2007FP 20" 16ms LCD Monitor by Dan-H
- › SteelSeries Apex Gaming Keyboard by WilliamGayde
- › Mionix NAOS 7000 Optical Sensor Mouse by maxvons
- › Viewsonic VX2450wm-LED 23.6" HD LED Backlight LCD Monitor... by Zig-Zag
- › Calculating Power Savings from a Platinum PSU by AlphaC
- › EVGA Hadron Air Chassis - Tips &... by Coreda
- › AMD Mantle, CPU Bottlenecks, CPU Limitations,... by RagingCain
- › [Op-ed/Opinion] Why AMD needs an R9 280 or R9... by AlphaC
- › Qosmio x70-75 Overheating Solutions by Arizonian
- › How to maintain and properly setup an SSD in... by Rookie1337
- › How to get the best sound with and properly... by Rookie1337
- › H2O vs. LN2 by Slinky PC
- › Optimal Placement for Your Rig by twistedspace
- › Posting Guidelines for Hardware, Vendor, and... by Chipp