I was finally able to build myself a new rig and ive been trying to get it overclocked really well.
Heres what i got in my rig.
EVGA 790i ultra mobo
Intel Q9550 quad core cpu
6 gigs of OCZ Reaper HPC DDR3 1333 (pc3 10666)
2x Evga 7900 GTX Ko's
Coolermaster real power pro 1000w psu. sli certified.
Asus v-60 92mm vapo bearing cpu cooler.
im just getting back into overclocking alot again, so im a bit rusty with some of the new stuff.
I havent tried going crazy with Ocing the processor yet. I ve got it running stable at 3.2ghz and temps seem to be between 49-58 C depending on the cpu load. Ive been thinking of gettin a better cpu fan ,but not sure what to get atm.
The main problem ive been having seems to be Ram related.
I updated the mobo bios which were supposed to fix alot of ram issues but im still having trouble.
For some reason the mobo is saying the ram is 1066 ram instead of 1333. and it sets the voltage automatically to 1.5 volts instead of 1.75 which ocz states on the site.
I upped the voltage to 1.75 and the ram to 1333 mhz and got it stable, but not at the advertised 6-6-6-20 timings. i had to set the timings to 7-7-7-22-2t to get them stable at the supposed stock settings. Not sure whats up with that. Im still trying to get used to Overclocking again, so i havent wanted to take too many chances.
If anyone is familiar with my setup and has any recommendations on CPU fsb settings,voltages, or memory voltages ,timings etc. Please give me your input. Im sure i can get alot more performance out of this board,but for now basically ive messed with the settings that im familiar with and set most of the others that im not to sure about on "auto" in the bios.
Please any advice or recommendations would be appreciated.
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 3055 Active Users (549 Members and 2506 Guests)
- › [OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club 7 seconds ago
- › CaseLabs Sale and Contests!! 1 minute ago
- › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 970 Owner's Club 1 minute ago
- › Anyone else excited for the Dell S2716DG Monitor? 1 minute ago
- › DDR2-800 1 minute ago
- › Cloning HDD to a smaller HDD (not SSD) - can't seem to do it... 2 minutes ago
- › Need PSU for Jonsbo v3+ server build 2 minutes ago
- › Will this bend be a problem? 2 minutes ago
- › [Softpedia]Warning: New AMD Crimson Driver Is Heating and Killing... 2 minutes ago
- › Help Finding RAM or Aftermarket Heat Spreaders to Fit a Build Theme 2 minutes ago
- › Lenovo IdeaPad Y510p Laptop Computer - 59405673 - Dusk Black - 4th... by Liquored
- › ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti AMP! 6GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express... by NoodleGTS
- › EGDE 101 by Maximillion
- › MSI Computer ATX DDR4 Motherboard Z170A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM EDITION by topdog
- › Cooler Master: Silencio FP 120 PWM by DaveLT
- › Gigabyte GV-N970G1 GAMING-4GD -GTX970 4GB DDR5 256Bit PCI Express... by amd-dude
- › Crucial MX100 256GB SATA 2.5" SSD by amd-dude
- › G303 Daedalus Apex by Frenchy
- › Bluetooth Headphones COULAX V4.1 Magneto by 8bitG33k
- › Thermaltake Core V51 Computer Case CA-1C6-00M1WN-00 Black by skypine27
- › good essays : Syscooling BC1 antminer water...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...
- › Intel Core i7 4790K Energy Efficiency
- › Multi Tasking on Intel Haswell CPU's
- › Intel Hyper Threading - Performance Scaling...
- › Intel Core i3 vs Core i5 vs Core i7: Gaming...
- › The Witcher 3 v1.08 - Performance Test
- › Overclock Labs - Community Review Program...
- › P5K-VM chassis intrusion hardware fix
- › overcloking gtx 770 lightning