I have heard from many people that it is possible to overclock ram to 1866 with phenom quad core processor. I can only get mine overclocked to 1720MHz at the most and sometimes it doesn't even work. What do I have to do to get it that high. My motherboard supports up to 2133 and my ram supports up to 2000MHz. I have the ram set at 1600MHz and the bus speed up to 215 which brings my ram up to 1720MHz. If I go 216 on the FSB it wont work. I've tried raising voltages but I'm afraid to go to high even though my motherboard can probably support it. Im affraid to fry my processor. Should I set the ram at 1333MHz and put the bus up to like 260-270 or so.
When I first built the system the ram was set at 1066MHz. Should I start from here and overclock? If I do this its seems that I would have to set the FSB really high to get the ram at 1866 or higher.
Let me know if anyone has overclocked their ram to 1866 or higher with a phenom x4 965 be or similar. Or if it's even possible. I have tons of cooling and non of that is a problem. I've overclocked my CPU up to 4.3GHz and it wont get close to 50C.
Please let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions.
Also, I know that the bulldozer is coming out soon and I would like to know if it will be able to support 1866, 2000, or 2133MHz overclock ram speeds. My motherboard supports all these frequencies.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2426 Active Users (401 Members and 2025 Guests)
- › UPS Suggestions 34 seconds ago
- › [OFFICIAL] PLAYERUNKNOWN's Battlegrounds Information & Discussion... 41 seconds ago
- › [SPONSORED] Project Impossible 1 minute ago
- › AMD Ryzen Threadripper Owners Club - 1950X | 1920X | 1900X 2 minutes ago
- › [Official] Corsair Vengeance C70 Gaming Case Owner Club 2 minutes ago
- › Destiny 2, What are your thoughts? PS4 3 minutes ago
- › ASUS Rampage VI Extreme (X299) Official Owners 3 minutes ago
- › Looking for a new portable home for my system 3 minutes ago
- › Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming K7 Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › Gigabyte AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Owner's Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Corsair Obsidian 750D Computer Case With Side Panel Window by The_Rocker
- › Asus Xonar Essence STX 124 dB SNR / Headphone AMP Card by The_Rocker
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by The_Rocker
- › Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.3GHz LGA 2011-v3 140W... by foofer1233
- › Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2 1 LGA 2011 Processor - BX80619I73930K by powerhouse
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › ID-COOLING SE214L Snow Edition CPU Heatsink by DaveLT
- › Team Dark 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200)... by ADmodz
- › Logitech Wireless Keyboard K360 (Dark Silver) (920-003366) by enes13mes
- › Hands-On: TCL 55″ P-Series 4K HDR TV is...
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...