Relax, it was on his '68 Mustang. We were just checking out the cooling system. Previous owner, who built the engine, decided not to use a thermostat. . The core support is also mutilated, so getting a better radiator fit will be a bit of a trick. However, we now know what's going on inside the cooling passages.
On a somewhat unrelated note, my F150's going to need a new fan clutch this spring. old one's starting to move in directions it shouldn't move in, and IMO it freewheels TOO easily. Still works right now, but I wanna replace it before I overheat the engine.
I also helped him get his '95 Mustang to go again, albiet indirectly. Somehow, he managed to break the ignition tumbler trying to start it one day. Went to turn the key and it just spun. Went to pull key out and the tumbler came out. I showed him a Dave's Farm vid, where Dave was starting a '96 Thunderbird(Ironically with the same 3.8 V6) by sticking a screwdriver in where the tumbler went. Friend went home, fiddled with it a bit, tore the trim off, beat the living crap out of the column with a hammer, and now he can use the same trick to drive his '95 again. Good thing, too, as it doesn't like to overheat because of a lacking thermostat and no rad cap.
I AM the extended warranty!
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 1814 Active Users (262 Members and 1552 Guests)
- › Want to sell my Ryzen 1700 and get a 8700k. Is it stupid or greedy? 1 minute ago
- › [Ars] Judge shocked to learn NYPD’s evidence database has no backup 4 minutes ago
- › The Socket 939 Appreciation Club and Knowledgebase [Official] 4 minutes ago
- › Skylake-X/Kaby Lake-X Combined Discussion 6 minutes ago
- › Your best Skyrim "Awesome pictures"? 6 minutes ago
- › Boot from PCI-e SSD on Sabertooth X58? 7 minutes ago
- › [OFFICIAL] PLAYERUNKNOWN's Battlegrounds Information & Discussion... 7 minutes ago
- › Building second PC for streaming ( dedicated streaming) 12 minutes ago
- › Corsair Carbide Air 240 Owner's Club 12 minutes ago
- › [Futurism] NASA Press Release Says Our Solar System Has a 9th Planet 12 minutes ago
- › ARCTIC Accelero Mono Plus VGA Cooler - 120mm Efficient PWM Fan,... by Smanci
- › Joyful Heart Waterproof Wireless Bluetooth Headphone by TechChunk
- › Antec Mercury 360mm AIO Liquid Cooler by vMax65
- › Orico Dual Bay HDD Enclosure by geggeg
- › Phanteks PH-F140MP_BBK_PWM 140mm fan by AlphaC
- › Seasonic Flagship PRIME SERIES SSR-1200PD 1200W PLATINUM FULL... by mllrkllr88
- › Corsair Obsidian 750D Computer Case With Side Panel Window by The_Rocker
- › Asus Xonar Essence STX 124 dB SNR / Headphone AMP Card by The_Rocker
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by The_Rocker
- › Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.3GHz LGA 2011-v3 140W... by foofer1233
- › Hands-On: TCL 55″ P-Series 4K HDR TV is...
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...