This is my second lesson on computer building. Assuming you have read the lesson 1, I will continue verbatim.
If as advised in in the introduction, the many PC components, are purchased, arrived and are all ready to be assembled...we shall continue.
Next is the power supply fitting.. the power supply has four as I call them 'furrells' four holes for screws, the top rear of the case has four matching holes, these holes line up together so screws can attach the power supply to the case.
here is a picture.
the case also has these hole alignments, to hold the power supply to the case.
not every case is the same, some cases put the power supply at the top and some put it to the bottom. the former is considered a MIDI case, it is a common type of case for general usage, specifically media, while the latter is considered a gaming case, for playing games on your PC.
here is a picture of a gaming case.
and pictured here are the holes to be aligned with the power supply furrells. Note that the power supply need to be placed upside down to fit here.. this does not effect the component.
Now with the power supply correctly installed, we can move on to the optical or 'CD' drive installation.
On the front or 'face' of the case, there are metal mesh or solid small panels, these are removable and is where your optical drive will sit.. I am sure you have seen this before on other PC's.
On the side of the 'slot' for the optical drive, there may be a clasp, this is to hold the optical drive in place, especially while in transit.
The clasps are used for the optical drive, hard drive and the solid state drive. also line up the holes to the clasp, then pop it in place to hold the drive, this is a common system but there are many different ones I won't go in to here.
Once your drives and power supply are in place, we can attach the motherboard, we assembled in lesson 1.
The rear panel for the motherboard also needs to be inserted, there is a rectangular gap at the back that should fit it nicely. the rear panel most likely came with your motherboard and is a shiny rectangle.
the motherboard has holes and the case has holes that can attach the motherboard to the case.. you should have several brass screw looking things.. I also call these furrells because that is their job.. to hold screws in place. attach 7 or 8 furrells to your case rear wall, however these must match the holes on your motherboard.. just do your best.
here is a picture of an inserted motherboard.
once installed, we can attach the the graphics card to the motherboard, the black slot in the picture above has notches that fit the graphics card, align them and pop into place. once the graphics card is installed to the motherboard secure it the case also with the clasp, or if not then a screw.
This concludes lesson 2.
In the final lesson we will focus on the cable attachments and the operating system.
Big thanks to guero810 for the pics.
Introduction : http://www.overclock.net/a/how-on-earth-do-i-build-a-computer-beginners-guide
Lesson 1: http://www.overclock.net/a/how-on-earth-do-i-build-a-computer-lesson-1
Lesson 3: http://www.overclock.net/a/how-on-earth-do-i-build-a-computer-final-lesson-3
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 3144 Active Users (673 Members and 2471 Guests)
- › SSD RAID question 22 seconds ago
- › [Official] EVGA 780 Ti Classified K|NGP|N Owner's Club 1 minute ago
- › Yamakasi Catleap Repairs 1 minute ago
- › Need help water cooling my XFX 7870 1 minute ago
- › gtx 580 2 minutes ago
- › EVGA 780 TI classified kingpin eddition Non reference edition... 2 minutes ago
- › [VC] NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 has 2048 CUDA cores 2 minutes ago
- › Best AIO for Fractal Define R4? +Rep for help 2 minutes ago
- › [TC/BW] The Smart Gun That Only Unlocks With Your Fingerprint 2 minutes ago
- › ASUS X99 Motherboard Series - Official Support Thread 2 minutes ago
- › NO.1 S7 (MP0964) 5.0 inch 3G Smartphone MTK6582 Quad Core 1.3GHz... by voodooxxx
- › Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler (RR-212E-20PK-R1) by Gavush
- › Thermaltake V3 Black Edition VL80001W2Z Computer Case With Side... by Gavush
- › Corsair K70 RGB Mechanical Keyboard (Cherry MX Red) by Sideways8LV
- › EPSON WorkForce 630 Wireless InkJet MFC / All-In-One Color Printer... by Thready
- › THL 5000 5" FHD IPS MTK6592T Octa Core Android 4.4 Phone 13MP... by voodooxxx
- › Logitech G600 by The Andoxico
- › Audioengine B1 Premium Bluetooth Music Receiver by WilliamGayde
- › Cooler Master Seidon 120V - PC CPU Liquid Water Cooling System,... by DaUn3rD0g
- › 120GB SSDNOW V300 SATA 3 2.5 W/ADAPTER by Crazycuda
- › How to Solder Electronics
- › Broken CM Storm Xornet scroll wheel
- › A Troubling Trend
- › The Truth About FPS
- › My First Case Mod!
- › GPU and CPU power connections
- › A Guide on how to fix Heat Problems
- › [Linux] How to enable backlight control and...
- › How To: Activate a 2012/2012 R2 Virtual Machine
- › Really long term project: Conversion from...