NOTE: This guide was written for Windows 7 users for the purpose of being able to write down BSOD error codes you may be receiving.
1. Click on the Start button and then on Control Panel.
2. Click on System and Security.
3. Click on System.
4. In the task pane on the left, click the Advanced System Settings.
5. Locate the Startup and Recovery section near the bottom of the window and click on Settings.
6. In the Startup and Recovery window, locate and uncheck the check box next to Automatically restart.
7. Click OK in the Startup and Recovery window.
8. Click OK in the System Properties window.
9. You can now close the System window.
From now on, when a problem causes a BSOD or another major error that halts the system, Windows 7 will not force a reboot. You'll have to reboot manually when an error appears which will give you time to write down any error codes you may receive.
Common BSOD error codes and possible solutions can be found here.
Gear mentioned in this article:
Related Forum Threads
- [SP] Microsoft to Let Windows 7 Die Quicker than Windows XP Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:21am in Software News
- Windows7: Most useful tool ever for hardware changes, no need to reinstall Last post on 4/14/14 at 4:04pm in General Processor Discussions
- Need help , regarding windows7/gpu/ssds and sleep mode Last post on 6/13/14 at 6:06am in Intel - General
- Crucial M4 Showing Full, But not? Last post on 6/12/14 at 11:53am in SSD
- Memory usage issue.... Last post on 3/27/14 at 10:52am in Memory
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2817 Active Users (681 Members and 2136 Guests)
- › [ASUS] Update: 27" 1440P GSYNC 120Hz RoG Monitor at CES 1 second ago
- › Top 30 3DMark11 Scores for Single/Dual/Tri/Quad 9 seconds ago
- › [Build Log] Monolith 27 seconds ago
- › Netgear Router page not working! 29 seconds ago
- › R9 290 not performing as expected 46 seconds ago
- › The Intel Devil's Canyon Owners Club 53 seconds ago
- › [CSNATION] First Unreal Tournament Map Revealed 1 minute ago
- › So is 27'' monitor going to become the new standard soon ? 1 minute ago
- › *Official ATi/AMD EyeFinity Club* 2 minutes ago
- › Destiny Information & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › AMD A4-3300 APU with AMD Radeon 6410 HD Graphics 2.5GHz Socket FM1... by newbiegeekie
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System (Black) by t522
- › powercom SMK-2000A UPS by Zero4549
- › SILVERSTONE ST45SF-G 450W Power Supply by xxroxx
- › EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Superclocked w/ACX Cooler 3GB GDDR5 384bit... by xxroxx
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by GorbazTheDragon
- › Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower Chassis with Window Cases PH-ES614P by DaveLT
- › EVGA 120-G2-1300-XR SuperNOVA 1300 G2 1300W ATX 80+G Power Supply by jameyscott
- › Thinkpad X230, 12.5" Ultraportable by Chipp
- › Moto X - 16GB, White by Chipp
- › The Truth About FPS
- › My First Case Mod!
- › GPU and CPU power connections
- › A tutorial on how to fix Heat Problems
- › [Linux] How to enable backlight control and...
- › Can not connect my LG Volt cell phone to my...
- › How To: Activate a 2012/2012 R2 Virtual Machine
- › Really long term project: Conversion from...
- › What I expect from Nvidia's Maxwell -...
- › mmm...my old graphiccard ... trow it, no...