NOTE: This guide was written for Windows 7 users for the purpose of being able to write down BSOD error codes you may be receiving.
1. Click on the Start button and then on Control Panel.
2. Click on System and Security.
3. Click on System.
4. In the task pane on the left, click the Advanced System Settings.
5. Locate the Startup and Recovery section near the bottom of the window and click on Settings.
6. In the Startup and Recovery window, locate and uncheck the check box next to Automatically restart.
7. Click OK in the Startup and Recovery window.
8. Click OK in the System Properties window.
9. You can now close the System window.
From now on, when a problem causes a BSOD or another major error that halts the system, Windows 7 will not force a reboot. You'll have to reboot manually when an error appears which will give you time to write down any error codes you may receive.
Common BSOD error codes and possible solutions can be found here.
Gear mentioned in this article:
Related Forum Threads
- [SP] Microsoft to Let Windows 7 Die Quicker than Windows XP Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:21am in Software News
- Windows7: Most useful tool ever for hardware changes, no need to reinstall Last post on 4/14/14 at 4:04pm in General Processor Discussions
- Need help , regarding windows7/gpu/ssds and sleep mode Last post on 6/13/14 at 6:06am in Intel - General
- Crucial M4 Showing Full, But not? Last post on 6/12/14 at 11:53am in SSD
- Recording Issue with my AverMedia Live Gamer Portable Last post on 5/17/14 at 12:41pm in Other Peripherals
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 3512 Active Users (779 Members and 2733 Guests)
- › [Official] Case PHANTEKS Club; Enthoo Primo, Enthoo Luxe & Enthoo... 26 seconds ago
- › [Various] Nvidia GTX 980 / 970 reviews 27 seconds ago
- › Upgrade to 1440P+ 31 seconds ago
- › FX-6300 + GA 78lmt-usb3 rev. 5.0 overclocking so far 37 seconds ago
- › Pump question. LPH 44 seconds ago
- › G402 - Logitech destroyed a perfectly good mouse with a gyroscope 58 seconds ago
- › [cowcotland] EVGA Shows off X99 Classified and X99 Micro 59 seconds ago
- › RESULTS: SLI GTX670 to SLI GTX980 in an antiquated 2700K rig @ 4.7ghz 1 minute ago
- › [Techcrunch] Oculus Reveals Its New “Crescent Bay” Prototype With... 1 minute ago
- › NVIDIA GTX 970 Owner's Club 1 minute ago
- › Nixeus MODA Mechanical Keyboard - Brown Switch (Silent Tactile) by Jixr
- › Kingsing S2 Mtk6582 Quad Core Phone White by voodooxxx
- › Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler (RR-212E-20PK-R1) by Gavush
- › Thermaltake V3 Black Edition VL80001W2Z Computer Case With Side... by Gavush
- › Corsair K70 RGB Mechanical Keyboard (Cherry MX Red) by Sideways8LV
- › EPSON WorkForce 630 Wireless InkJet MFC / All-In-One Color Printer... by Thready
- › Logitech G600 by The Andoxico
- › Audioengine B1 Premium Bluetooth Music Receiver by WilliamGayde
- › Cooler Master Seidon 120V - PC CPU Liquid Water Cooling System,... by DaUn3rD0g
- › 120GB SSDNOW V300 SATA 3 2.5 W/ADAPTER by Crazycuda
- › How to Solder Electronics
- › Broken CM Storm Xornet scroll wheel
- › A Troubling Trend
- › The Truth About FPS
- › My First Case Mod!
- › GPU and CPU power connections
- › A Guide on how to fix Heat Problems
- › [Linux] How to enable backlight control and...
- › How To: Activate a 2012/2012 R2 Virtual Machine
- › Really long term project: Conversion from...