NOTE: This guide was written for Windows 7 users for the purpose of being able to write down BSOD error codes you may be receiving.
1. Click on the Start button and then on Control Panel.
2. Click on System and Security.
3. Click on System.
4. In the task pane on the left, click the Advanced System Settings.
5. Locate the Startup and Recovery section near the bottom of the window and click on Settings.
6. In the Startup and Recovery window, locate and uncheck the check box next to Automatically restart.
7. Click OK in the Startup and Recovery window.
8. Click OK in the System Properties window.
9. You can now close the System window.
From now on, when a problem causes a BSOD or another major error that halts the system, Windows 7 will not force a reboot. You'll have to reboot manually when an error appears which will give you time to write down any error codes you may receive.
Common BSOD error codes and possible solutions can be found here.
Gear mentioned in this article:
Related Forum Threads
- [SP] Microsoft to Let Windows 7 Die Quicker than Windows XP Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:21am in Software News
- Windows7: Most useful tool ever for hardware changes, no need to reinstall Last post on 4/14/14 at 4:04pm in General Processor Discussions
- Need help , regarding windows7/gpu/ssds and sleep mode Last post on 6/13/14 at 6:06am in Intel - General
- Crucial M4 Showing Full, But not? Last post on 6/12/14 at 11:53am in SSD
- Recording Issue with my AverMedia Live Gamer Portable Last post on 5/17/14 at 12:41pm in Other Peripherals
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2712 Active Users (541 Members and 2171 Guests)
- › Screws heatsink nvidia 780ti, where to get ? 10 seconds ago
- › ASUS / ASRock / MSI / GIGABYTE BIOS's with updated RAID OROM 1 minute ago
- › Z97 VRM info 2 minutes ago
- › What card to pair with the i5-4690k? 3 minutes ago
- › [OFFICIAL] Top 30 Heaven Benchmark 4.0 Scores 3 minutes ago
- › Raid 0 on SDD's 3 minutes ago
- › [Official] 5GHz Overclock Club 3 minutes ago
- › CRYORIG R1 Ultimate & R1 Universal Coolers & Fans News, Discussion... 3 minutes ago
- › [Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club 5 minutes ago
- › High water Delta T. D5 not enough? 5 minutes ago
- › Noctua NF-P14s redux 1500 PWM 140mm 1500 RPM 25.8 dBA 4-pin SSO by vallonen
- › NZXT HUE RGB Led Controller by abstiffler
- › NZXT Phantom 530 CA-PH530-W1 Computer Case With Side Panel Window by ldewitt
- › Razer Orbweaver Mechanical PC Gaming Keypad by Thready
- › Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3 GHz 6 MB Cache Socket LGA1155 Processor by SRICE4904
- › Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge-E 3.6GHz LGA 2011 by SRICE4904
- › COOLER MASTER CM Storm Series Trooper (SGC-5000-KKN1) Black... by CrazyElf
- › ZALMAN ZM-T2 Computer Case by M3nta1
- › SeaSonic SS-350ET Bronze 350W Power Supply by jsc1973
- › Crucial MX100 512GB SATA 2.5" 7mm (with 9.5mm adapter)... by Sensei Andrew
- › A Troubling Trend
- › The Truth About FPS
- › My First Case Mod!
- › GPU and CPU power connections
- › A Guide on how to fix Heat Problems
- › [Linux] How to enable backlight control and...
- › How To: Activate a 2012/2012 R2 Virtual Machine
- › Really long term project: Conversion from...
- › What I expect from Nvidia's Maxwell -...
- › mmm...my old graphiccard ... trow it, no...