NOTE: This guide was written for Windows 7 users for the purpose of being able to write down BSOD error codes you may be receiving.
1. Click on the Start button and then on Control Panel.
2. Click on System and Security.
3. Click on System.
4. In the task pane on the left, click the Advanced System Settings.
5. Locate the Startup and Recovery section near the bottom of the window and click on Settings.
6. In the Startup and Recovery window, locate and uncheck the check box next to Automatically restart.
7. Click OK in the Startup and Recovery window.
8. Click OK in the System Properties window.
9. You can now close the System window.
From now on, when a problem causes a BSOD or another major error that halts the system, Windows 7 will not force a reboot. You'll have to reboot manually when an error appears which will give you time to write down any error codes you may receive.
Common BSOD error codes and possible solutions can be found here.
Gear mentioned in this article:
Related Forum Threads
- [SP] Microsoft to Let Windows 7 Die Quicker than Windows XP Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:21am in Software News
- Windows7: Most useful tool ever for hardware changes, no need to reinstall Last post on 4/14/14 at 4:04pm in General Processor Discussions
- 10 - 20 minutes after fresh boot, significant performance loss. tomshardware and steam... Last post on 1/22/15 at 3:22pm in PC Gaming
- Need help , regarding windows7/gpu/ssds and sleep mode Last post on 6/13/14 at 6:06am in Intel - General
- Crucial M4 Showing Full, But not? Last post on 6/12/14 at 11:53am in SSD
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 3496 Active Users (498 Members and 2998 Guests)
- › [AT] The Samsung Galaxy Note7 (S820) Review 58 seconds ago
- › [Guru3d] AMD preparing VEGA launch venue - Launch Imminent? 58 seconds ago
- › [Server] Basement Stair Rack Project - Node Zero 1 minute ago
- › Icafe 372.60 whql 1 minute ago
- › [SPONSORED] ❚❚ Silent One ❚❚ Most silent build OCN has ever seen ❚❚... 1 minute ago
- › Acer XB271HU- share your experience and show pics! 1 minute ago
- › having trouble with my AX750 1 minute ago
- › ASUS X99 Motherboard Series - Official Support Thread (North... 2 minutes ago
- › [tftcentral] Samsung CF791 Ultra-wide with 100Hz VA Panel and FreeSync 2 minutes ago
- › [IPH] A Design Defect is Plaguing Many iPhone 6 and 6 Plus Units 3 minutes ago
- › Kanto YU3 4" 2-Way Powered Bookshelf Speakers with aptX... by SightUp
- › Corsair Commander Mini by d0mini
- › Toshiba Satellite C55-B C55-B5296 15.6" LED (TruBrite)... by Skye12977
- › Fnatic Rush G1 by Paradigm84
- › Umi Max 4G Phablet by jojoenglish85
- › Tesoro Gram Spectrum by geggeg
- › Cooler Master Master Box 5 by WilliamGayde
- › be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 by Jedson3614
- › HP Z27s 27-inch IPS UHD Display by WilliamGayde
- › Nintendo Wii U by Jedson3614
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...
- › Intel Core i7 4790K Energy Efficiency
- › Multi Tasking on Intel Haswell CPU's
- › Intel Hyper Threading - Performance Scaling...
- › Intel Core i3 vs Core i5 vs Core i7: Gaming...
- › The Witcher 3 v1.08 - Performance Test
- › Overclock Labs - Community Review Program...