NOTE: This guide was written for Windows 7 users for the purpose of being able to write down BSOD error codes you may be receiving.
1. Click on the Start button and then on Control Panel.
2. Click on System and Security.
3. Click on System.
4. In the task pane on the left, click the Advanced System Settings.
5. Locate the Startup and Recovery section near the bottom of the window and click on Settings.
6. In the Startup and Recovery window, locate and uncheck the check box next to Automatically restart.
7. Click OK in the Startup and Recovery window.
8. Click OK in the System Properties window.
9. You can now close the System window.
From now on, when a problem causes a BSOD or another major error that halts the system, Windows 7 will not force a reboot. You'll have to reboot manually when an error appears which will give you time to write down any error codes you may receive.
Common BSOD error codes and possible solutions can be found here.
Gear mentioned in this article:
Related Forum Threads
- [SP] Microsoft to Let Windows 7 Die Quicker than Windows XP Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:21am in Software News
- Windows7: Most useful tool ever for hardware changes, no need to reinstall Last post on 4/14/14 at 4:04pm in General Processor Discussions
- Need help , regarding windows7/gpu/ssds and sleep mode Last post on 6/13/14 at 6:06am in Intel - General
- Crucial M4 Showing Full, But not? Last post on 6/12/14 at 11:53am in SSD
- Recording Issue with my AverMedia Live Gamer Portable Last post on 5/17/14 at 12:41pm in Other Peripherals
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2544 Active Users (584 Members and 1960 Guests)
- › [VRZ] 14nm Broadwell and Skylake-S coexist, Intel 2015 in the... 13 seconds ago
- › [Tweaktown] AMD CEO confirms new Radeon R9 300 series GPUs for Q2 2015 1 minute ago
- › [TPU]AMD Cashes in On GTX 970 Drama, Cuts R9 290X Price 2 minutes ago
- › Noctua NH-D15 Club 2 minutes ago
- › How likely is to enable to HT on G3258 accidentally? 2 minutes ago
- › I know this is a long shot........Antec Skeleton 2 minutes ago
- › [OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club 2 minutes ago
- › Dying Light First Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › [The Guardian]US plan to track drivers went much wider, new... 3 minutes ago
- › razer deathadder chroma , vs logitech g402 , vs steelseries rival , 4 minutes ago
- › Intel Pentium G2030 / 3 GHz processor by Kosenator
- › XSPC Raystorm CPU Block for Intel Socket LGA 775, 1156, 1155, 1366,... by ffhammack
- › XSPC D5 reservoir by ffhammack
- › XSPC EX240 by ffhammack
- › FinalMouse 2015 by kaptchka
- › EVGA GeForce GTX 770 Classified Video Card by vargus14
- › Xfx Radeon HD 4870x2 by cvin
- › VisionTek USB Pocket SSD 120GB by WilliamGayde
- › Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz (3.3GHz Turbo) LGA 1150 Quad-Core Desktop... by dennphill
- › Intel Core i7-4930K 3.4GHz LGA 2011 Six-Core Desktop Processor by DamselinDistres
- › The Minecraft Server "Ok" Minimum
- › nVidia/AMD Graphics Cards BSOD 116/1033 Fix |...
- › To built a 4k monitor gaming rig - what type...
- › What Could Have Been - The PlayStation 4 APU
- › How to Get Linux Ubuntu Working with a GTX970...
- › The 2014 Year In Tech
- › Editors Pick Deals - Black Friday 2014
- › How to Solder Electronics
- › Broken CM Storm Xornet scroll wheel
- › A Troubling Trend