NOTE: This guide was written for Windows 7 users for the purpose of being able to write down BSOD error codes you may be receiving.
1. Click on the Start button and then on Control Panel.
2. Click on System and Security.
3. Click on System.
4. In the task pane on the left, click the Advanced System Settings.
5. Locate the Startup and Recovery section near the bottom of the window and click on Settings.
6. In the Startup and Recovery window, locate and uncheck the check box next to Automatically restart.
7. Click OK in the Startup and Recovery window.
8. Click OK in the System Properties window.
9. You can now close the System window.
From now on, when a problem causes a BSOD or another major error that halts the system, Windows 7 will not force a reboot. You'll have to reboot manually when an error appears which will give you time to write down any error codes you may receive.
Common BSOD error codes and possible solutions can be found here.
Gear mentioned in this article:
Related Forum Threads
- [SP] Microsoft to Let Windows 7 Die Quicker than Windows XP Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:21am in Software News
- Windows7: Most useful tool ever for hardware changes, no need to reinstall Last post on 4/14/14 at 4:04pm in General Processor Discussions
- 10 - 20 minutes after fresh boot, significant performance loss. tomshardware and steam... Last post on 1/22/15 at 3:22pm in PC Gaming
- Need help , regarding windows7/gpu/ssds and sleep mode Last post on 6/13/14 at 6:06am in Intel - General
- Crucial M4 Showing Full, But not? Last post on 6/12/14 at 11:53am in SSD
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2334 Active Users (384 Members and 1950 Guests)
- › [HaloWaypoint] Halo 5 - Monitor's Bounty (Update featuring Server... 6 seconds ago
- › You know what i am sick and tired of ? The battle for the ugliest... 1 minute ago
- › Fx 8300+ asus pro 970 gaming/aura at minimum 4.2ghz, how do i get... 2 minutes ago
- › [wccftech] AMD Readies Massive Radeon Software Update with Crimson... 3 minutes ago
- › [PCWorld] Why AMD FreeSync is beating Nvidia G-Sync on monitor... 4 minutes ago
- › [OCN HEC] Holiday Giveaway feat. Massdrop x Hifiman HE-350 5 minutes ago
- › Software for R9 285 bios edit 8 minutes ago
- › The PPD Police 8 minutes ago
- › [Official] OCN Headphones and Earphones Club 8 minutes ago
- › [PcMag] South Korea Makes Game Hacking Illegal 9 minutes ago
- › PNY GeForce GTX 1060 6GB Graphics Card (VCGGTX10606PB) by Hequaqua
- › COOLER MASTER USA MasterBox 5T by Jedson3614
- › ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti OC Edition 4GB GDDR5 128-bit DL-DVI... by Jedson3614
- › Creative Sound BlasterX Katana by WilliamGayde
- › LG 29UC88-B UltraWide IPS LED HDMI X 2 Monitor by AlphaC
- › LG Electronics UM67 29UM67 29-Inch Screen LED-lit Monitor by AlphaC
- › Lumsing Harmonica Series Dual-USB Portable Battery Charger 13000... by KipH
- › Corsair Hydro Series H55 Quiet Edition Liquid CPU Cooler... by AyyMD
- › Western Digital Black 1TB (WD1002FAEX-00Y9A0) 7200rpm, 64mb cache... by Walitorax
- › Thermalright TRUE Spirit 140 Direct by AyyMD
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...
- › Intel Core i7 4790K Energy Efficiency
- › Multi Tasking on Intel Haswell CPU's
- › Intel Hyper Threading - Performance Scaling...
- › Intel Core i3 vs Core i5 vs Core i7: Gaming...
- › The Witcher 3 v1.08 - Performance Test
- › Overclock Labs - Community Review Program...