NOTE: This guide was written for Windows 7 users for the purpose of being able to write down BSOD error codes you may be receiving.
1. Click on the Start button and then on Control Panel.
2. Click on System and Security.
3. Click on System.
4. In the task pane on the left, click the Advanced System Settings.
5. Locate the Startup and Recovery section near the bottom of the window and click on Settings.
6. In the Startup and Recovery window, locate and uncheck the check box next to Automatically restart.
7. Click OK in the Startup and Recovery window.
8. Click OK in the System Properties window.
9. You can now close the System window.
From now on, when a problem causes a BSOD or another major error that halts the system, Windows 7 will not force a reboot. You'll have to reboot manually when an error appears which will give you time to write down any error codes you may receive.
Common BSOD error codes and possible solutions can be found here.
Gear mentioned in this article:
Related Forum Threads
- [SP] Microsoft to Let Windows 7 Die Quicker than Windows XP Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:21am in Software News
- Windows7: Most useful tool ever for hardware changes, no need to reinstall Last post on 4/14/14 at 4:04pm in General Processor Discussions
- Need help , regarding windows7/gpu/ssds and sleep mode Last post on 6/13/14 at 6:06am in Intel - General
- Crucial M4 Showing Full, But not? Last post on 6/12/14 at 11:53am in SSD
- Recording Issue with my AverMedia Live Gamer Portable Last post on 5/17/14 at 12:41pm in Other Peripherals
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2103 Active Users (429 Members and 1674 Guests)
- › [GSMArena] AT&T doesn't play nice, locks the Apple SIM 6 seconds ago
- › [Sponsored] The Utterly Imbalanced CaseLabs TX10-D build(s)! 23 seconds ago
- › (UPDATE #2) New PC on Order, Intel I7 4790k, (2) GTX-980... 27 seconds ago
- › [PCGAMER] Alien: Isolation 'Corporate Lockdown' DLC announced 34 seconds ago
- › [Official] Cooler Master HAF-XB Club! 1 minute ago
- › Kepler Bios Tweaker 1.27 basics for those previous users who want... 2 minutes ago
- › Small mod for my MSI GTX 970 2 minutes ago
- › [TR] Civ: Beyond Earth with Mantle aims to end multi-GPU... 2 minutes ago
- › [OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club 3 minutes ago
- › [Newegg]HIS iPower IceQ X² OC R9 290 230USD AR -20$ visa checkout=... 3 minutes ago
- › Synology DiskStation 2-Bay (Diskless) Network Attached Storage DS713+ by easynator
- › EK Supremacy Evo CPU Block by vMax65
- › CORSAIR Hydro Series H80i Water Cooler by jumpy2219
- › Parvum Systems S2.0 by easynator
- › Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3 GHz 6 MB Cache Socket LGA1155 Processor by Rigwizard
- › Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler (RR-212E-20PK-R1) by Skye12977
- › GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 660 GV-N660OC-2GD Video Card by Touhid Shohan
- › Half-Life 2 by andrews2547
- › BenQ XL2420TX Black-Red 24"" 5ms (2ms GTG) Widescreen... by cutty1998
- › Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz LGA1155 by Skye12977
- › My Dream PC under $10,000 By: iRyanSparkz YT
- › How to Solder Electronics
- › Broken CM Storm Xornet scroll wheel
- › A Troubling Trend
- › The Truth About FPS
- › My First Case Mod!
- › GPU and CPU power connections
- › A Guide on how to fix Heat Problems
- › [Linux] How to enable backlight control and...
- › How To: Activate a 2012/2012 R2 Virtual Machine