PSP is the abbreviated version of PlayStation Portable, which is a handheld game console manufactured and marketed by Sony Computer Entertainment.
Game fans regard it as their best companies. PSP make users’ spare time amused. PSP users all know that their player provide they a chance to enjoy videos on it. Some people know how to put videos on it, some not. In the following text, I will share my experience to PSP fans to enjoy videos on PSP.
Before I share my article, I should tell you something about PSP video parameters.
Sony PSP can't play MPEG-4 video encoded with bit rate higher than 768kbps that is why high quality MPEG-4 files need to be converted to a lower bit rate. The PSP will not recognize MPEG-4 video file unless it has a name in the format of M4V10001.MP4. The file needs to start with M4V followed by five numbers, and then it must end in .MP4.
For an MPEG-4 file that have been specially formatted for the Sony PSP, there will usually be the .THM file alongside it. If your movie file has a name of M4V10001.MP4, then there should be the file with the name M4V10001.THM alongside it. The THM file is a simple 160x120 thumbnail saved in JPEG format at 72dpi that is associated with the video file. As long as the name of the THM file is the same as the MP4 file, this picture will be displayed alongside the video file in the Video interface of your Sony PSP .
Version 2.0 of the Sony PSP firmware added support for another video file format: MPEG-4 AVC. These files follow a similar naming convention to the regular .MP4 files, as they are named MAQxxxxx.MP4, where xxxxx is five numbers. AVC video files offer better image quality then regular MPEG-4 files.
Now, I begin to explain my article step by step. I divide this article into two parts:
1.How to put dvd on PSP
2.How to put video on PSP
To complete this process, I need a tool called 4Videosoft DVD to PSP Suite
Part 1: How to put dvd on PSP with DVD to PSP Converter
Step 0: Download and install 4Videosoft DVD to PSP Converter
Step 1: Import DVD.
Place the DVD into your DVD drive and click the “Load DVD” button to load DVD.
Step 2: Video settings.
Select the output video format you want from the “Profile” drop-down list.
Step 3: Place video
Click “Open Folder” button to open your output destination file.
Step 4: Start conversion
Click the “Start” button to start your conversion and in a short while it will be finished.
Part 2: How to put video on PSP with PSP Converter
Step 0: Download and install 4Videosoft PSP Video Converter
When you finished the download process, run the .exe file to install it.
Step 1: Click “Add files” button to import videos.
Step 2: Extend the "Profile" category to select an output format.
Step 3: Click “Open Folder” button to open your output destination file.
Step 4: Click the “Start” to convert.
Tips----- Basic functions for all the 4videosof:
1. How to change your video effect
If you want to adjust the effect of your movie, please click the “Effect” button and a pop-up effect window will appear. It allows you to edit your movie’s effect including “Brightness, Contrast, Saturation and Volume”.
2: How to crop off the black edges and adjust the size of video play region
By using the "Crop" function you can crop off the black edge of your video and you can also drag the line around the video image to adjust the video play region to fit for your mobile devices
3: How to split your video
The "Trim" function also servers as a video splitter for you to get any time-length video episode. You can set the "Start Time" and "End Time" to set the exact time-length of the clip or you can directly drag the slide bar to the position you want.
4: How to join the videos
If you would like to put several files into one output file, please tick the check box of the “Merge into one file”.
5: How to save your favorite picture
If you like the current image when preview video, you can use the "Snapshot" option. Just click the "Snapshot" button, the image will be saved and you can click the "Open" button next to "Snapshot" button to open your picture.
By the way, I also find useful tools for sony fans to enjoy videos on their players.
PS3 Video Converter
Walkman Video Converter
Sony XPERIA Video Converter
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 1957 Active Users (256 Members and 1701 Guests)
- › Need help setting up bookshelf speakers and amp 37 seconds ago
- › Asrock X370 Taichi Overclocking Thread 1 minute ago
- › [Various] [Updated] New processors are now blocked from receiving... 5 minutes ago
- › AMD GPU Drivers: The Real Truth. 5 minutes ago
- › Zotac 980 Ti AMP Extreme 5 minutes ago
- › Skylake-X/Kaby Lake-X Combined Discussion 10 minutes ago
- › Gaming and mouse response BIOS optimization guide for modern PC... 11 minutes ago
- › [Official] Nvidia GTX 980 Ti Owners Club 15 minutes ago
- › [THW] Thermal Paste Round-up: 85 Products Tested 16 minutes ago
- › Best way to remove rubber coating from mouse? 18 minutes ago
- › Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2 1 LGA 2011 Processor - BX80619I73930K by powerhouse
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › ID-COOLING SE214L Snow Edition CPU Heatsink by DaveLT
- › Team Dark 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200)... by ADmodz
- › Logitech Wireless Keyboard K360 (Dark Silver) (920-003366) by enes13mes
- › PDF Studio 12 - Advanced PDF Editor for Windows - Pro Edition... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Brand New Fujitsu ScanSnap ix500 Portable Document Scanner... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Tecware Phantom Backlit Mechanical Keyboard (Red / White Backlit... by DaveLT
- › Allsop XL Mouse Pad- Raindrop Blue by neilyo
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...