I'm sure many people on here have bought stuff from other users from other websites as well as ebay. If you weren't careful, you might have dealt with a smoker, just like I did.
I bought my 560Ti for $120 on ebay, not knowing the seller was a smoker.
When the package arrived, this disgusting smell was coming from the box. Nevertheless, I plugged it in the PC and it worked fine. However, the fan was blowing the smell all over the room.
I decided to get rid of the smell by taking apart the cooler and washed it with soap, then let dry outside.
Then I took a small tea bag that smells nice, and stuck it in the card, also leaving it outside.
The smell was gone in about 4-5 hours and it makes the room smell nicer, too!
If you found this article helpful, please click on my youtube video and help me out. It covers this topic.
Gear mentioned in this article:
Related Forum Threads
- Good old Dos and Windows 95 game! Swiv 3D Assualt. Anyone remember it? Last post on 3/31/15 at 12:53pm in PC Gaming
- video editing, adobe , ssd question Last post on 3/14/15 at 5:52pm in Intel - General
- [ubergizmo] Microsoft Planning To Unite Their Windows Operating Systems Last post on 12/4/13 at 9:30pm in Software News
- Reverse Audio Last post on 10/16/13 at 1:24pm in Sound Cards and Computer Audio
- Computer freezing and other issues. Motherboard problem? Last post on 10/11/13 at 10:39pm in Intel Motherboards
How to rip a Windows 7/8 Image using WinPE4.0 and DISM
Last edited: 8/7/14
- productIntel X25-M Mainstream SSDSA2M160G2XXX 2.5" MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productIntel X25-M SSDSA2MH080G2K5 2.5" MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productLogitech G11 Gaming Keyboardtagged by System, 11/8/12
- productMicrosoft Windows 8 Protagged by System, 11/8/12
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 1896 Active Users (366 Members and 1530 Guests)
- › Converting the DIN 9-pin on a Klipsch GMX A-2.1 36 seconds ago
- › [The Verge] The Tesla Roadster Hypercar and Semi Truck 1 minute ago
- › [Official] Diablo III Information and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › AMD Ryzen Threadripper Owners Club - 1950X | 1920X | 1900X 3 minutes ago
- › [Official] Heatkiller Club 6 minutes ago
- › [Official] ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q Owner's club 8 minutes ago
- › [Newegg] Toshiba High-Performance P300 3TB Hard Drive - $69.99... 8 minutes ago
- › Excel Benchmark 8 minutes ago
- › Performance-PCs.com Support 10 minutes ago
- › [Official] Vega Frontier / RX Vega Owners Thread 10 minutes ago
- › INTEL Core i5-8600K by vMax65
- › Ninox Venator - Black by vanir1337
- › Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-650FX 650W 80+ Gold ATX12V &... by AlphaC
- › Tt eSPORTS Ventus R by vanir1337
- › Cooler Master GX - 750W 80 PLUS Bronze Power Supply (RS750-ACAAD3-US) by Micss
- › ZOWIE GEAR ZA12 GAMING MOUSE by vanir1337
- › Corsair Hydro Series H115i Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler ,... by SightUp
- › ASRock X370 Killer SLI/ac by gopackersjt
- › ARCTIC Accelero Mono Plus VGA Cooler - 120mm Efficient PWM Fan,... by Smanci
- › Joyful Heart Waterproof Wireless Bluetooth Headphone by TechChunk
- › Hands-On: TCL 55″ P-Series 4K HDR TV is...
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...