I got to thinking tonight about perception, specifically that related to sound, but it's pretty universal when you zoom out. I was wondering why people (myself included) can feel the need to do things that are anywhere from relatively unsubstantiated to obviously made up. Placebo effect didn't seem to cover it - nobody ever said the given changes were going to make a difference at all, or how much change they would make. That led to the broader thought about perception in general.
Suppose you're very young - 3 or 4 or however old you were when you began to learn colors. You're playing with your toys, one of which happens to be a fire truck. Somebody points out to you that the truck is "red". Now, you have no concept of naming colors, but now that somebody has done it for you you can identify that the fire truck and this text and the stop sign are all red. But, what if the color your eyes are actually seeing is not the same color that the other person's eyes are seeing? That is, what if what you call black is actually the what I see when you say red? And interesting notion, isn't it?
Something like that would be totally unprovable. Nobody can use anybody else's eyes and brain - but think about all that it would explain. Preferences in color? I think so. Now apply that same concept to sound - and while you're at it, pardon my mindless ideas. I'm just thinking out loud. Dangerous stuff, isn't it?
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2067 Active Users (331 Members and 1736 Guests)
- › [OFFICIAL] PLAYERUNKNOWN's Battlegrounds Information & Discussion... 57 seconds ago
- › [WCCFTECH] NVIDIA Graphics Card Prices To Continue To Rise Until... 1 minute ago
- › == Haswell-E Overclock Leaderboard & Owners Club == 2 minutes ago
- › Skylake-X/Kaby Lake-X Combined Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › New build after 10+ years. Please advice. 5 minutes ago
- › GUIDE: Display control via Windows! Brightness, contrast, etc.... 7 minutes ago
- › i7 5930K + MSI X99A Raider OC Anyone? 8 minutes ago
- › SMA8 to STH10 11 minutes ago
- › ASUS X299 Motherboard Series - Official Support Thread 11 minutes ago
- › 1700x OC problems with Steam only. 13 minutes ago
- › Phanteks PH-F140MP_BBK_PWM 140mm fan by AlphaC
- › Seasonic Flagship PRIME SERIES SSR-1200PD 1200W PLATINUM FULL... by mllrkllr88
- › Corsair Obsidian 750D Computer Case With Side Panel Window by The_Rocker
- › Asus Xonar Essence STX 124 dB SNR / Headphone AMP Card by The_Rocker
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by The_Rocker
- › Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.3GHz LGA 2011-v3 140W... by foofer1233
- › Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2 1 LGA 2011 Processor - BX80619I73930K by powerhouse
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › ID-COOLING SE214L Snow Edition CPU Heatsink by DaveLT
- › Hands-On: TCL 55″ P-Series 4K HDR TV is...
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...