Usually I don't post blogs or the like, but I'm sick of this and I have to vent.
Have you ever noticed in threads about DX10, Vista, XP's EOL, DX11, etc, that you get people who say that the only upgrade in Vista is that its newer, and of course, they have "used" it with SP1, So here's the real dig from someone who runs Ubuntu 8.04 x86 and Vista, not to mention, got XP to work as fast as 98 on a computer with 198Mb RAM, a Tseng Labs 2Mb Graphics Card and a Cyrix PR150 CPU, which wasn't easy, believe me.
So, anyway, Here's some common myths about Vista, and what I say about them.
Vista uses RAM less efficiently than XP/Vista uses more RAM than XP.
The truth of the matter is that Vista uses RAM much better than XP, and although it does use more RAM, it uses it in the same sense as F@H using CPU cycles, if another app wants some of the CPU/RAM, it gives it up, and only uses what its allowed to use.
Vista runs slower than XP does.
When I upgraded to Vista Ultimate SP1 from XP Home SP3, I didn't notice any difference in speeds at all, in fact, quite a few tasks got faster, Firefox started quicker, Games seem to get more FPS (Guitar Hero III used to lag on the Japan stage with a crowd for me and on Vista it doesn't.) and the system is generally snappier with loading programs.
Vista crashes a lot.
Although I recognise that everyone has different experiences, my one with Vista is the following; I've had 4 crashes, one due to nVidia drivers (I had to install the 9x drivers before I could download the latest), and the other 3 due to OC instability, and each and every time, its came back up phenomenally well, no data loss, Setting changes, automatic roll-back, etc.
People hate UAC and don't use Vista because of it, then go and praise XP, What I say to them is: "Disable it." If you don't like it, Disable it, I'm sure we've all had to disable stuff in XP, 98, 2000, etc, so why is everyone getting so pissy about having to disable a pathetically annoying thing in Vista?
I'm thinking of starting a Vista challenge, Go get a copy of Vista, I don't care how, and I don't want to know how, but just get one, install it and SP1, run a few games, Programs, use it for a month.
Then tell me if Vista is still worse than XP.
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2629 Active Users (430 Members and 2199 Guests)
- › Ryzen stutter in older games? 29 seconds ago
- › How to remove Windows Store apps Completely ?! 1 minute ago
- › Nvidia GTX 900 cards custom bios (upon request ) 3 minutes ago
- › Full Auto 4 minutes ago
- › How to correctly leak test your loop......101? 4 minutes ago
- › *OFFICIAL* Parvum Systems Owners Club 4 minutes ago
- › Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX 5 minutes ago
- › VRM on the new AM4 motherboards 5 minutes ago
- › Skylake-X/Kaby Lake-X Combined Discussion 6 minutes ago
- › [PCG/Hexus] DDR5 memory is twice as fast as DDR4 and slated for 2019 6 minutes ago
- › Orico Dual Bay HDD Enclosure by geggeg
- › Phanteks PH-F140MP_BBK_PWM 140mm fan by AlphaC
- › Seasonic Flagship PRIME SERIES SSR-1200PD 1200W PLATINUM FULL... by mllrkllr88
- › Corsair Obsidian 750D Computer Case With Side Panel Window by The_Rocker
- › Asus Xonar Essence STX 124 dB SNR / Headphone AMP Card by The_Rocker
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by The_Rocker
- › Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.3GHz LGA 2011-v3 140W... by foofer1233
- › Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2 1 LGA 2011 Processor - BX80619I73930K by powerhouse
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Hands-On: TCL 55″ P-Series 4K HDR TV is...
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...