“Intel SSD Holiday Contest”
NO ENTRY FEE. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. The Promotion begins at 9:00
AM Pacific Time (“PT”) December 15, 2012 and ends at 5:00 PM PT December 31, 2012 (the
1. Eligibility: The “Intel SSD Holiday Contest” Promotion (the “Promotion”) is open to those
aged eighteen (18) or older as of the date of entry, who have an active e-mail account and
Internet access. Employees of Sponsor, Sponsor’s parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries,
advertising, promotion, and fulﬁllment or other coordinating agencies, individuals providing
services to Sponsor through an outsourcer or temporary employment agency during the
Promotion Period, and their respective immediate family members and persons living in their
same household, are not eligible to participate in the Promotion. Participation in the Promotion
constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official
Promotion Rules (“Official Rules”). VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. How to Enter: To enter the Promotion (i) create an Overclock account; and (ii) Answer the
To be an “Eligible Entry” the Member must answer:
1. Do you currently own an SSD and are you planning on purchasing one in the near
future? If so, which brands are you considering (Intel, OCZ, Crucial, Kingston, Patriot
Memory, Samsung, or other)?
2. What is the most important consideration you make when you purchase an SSD
(price, performance, brand, other)?
Each member is only allowed one entry during the promotion period. Any repeat posts by
members will not be counted towards eligibility.
No mechanically reproduced entries are allowed and any use of robotic, automatic,
programmed or the like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods.
3. Prize Drawing: All qualified Submissions will be judged by a panel designated by Sponsor
who are members of Overclock’s senior editorial team with expertise on the subject matters
discussed on the site. The Submissions will be judged according to the following equally
weighted factors: (i) clarity; (ii) originality; (iii) the degree to which the entry is informed and
appropriate; and (iv) creativity. The decisions of the judges will be final. A Submission must
be an original work of entrant's own creation and must not have been entered in any other
competition. A Submission may not violate the intellectual property or proprietary rights of
Entrant represents and warrants that any Submission is entrant’s own original work and does
not infringe the intellectual property or proprietary rights of any third party, including, without
limitation, any third party copyrights or trademarks. Consequently, Sponsor, Overclock, and
Huddler, Inc. shall have all rights to copy, edit, publicly display, publicly perform, broadcast,
publish and use, in whole or in part, any Submission and any other intellectual property
protected or protectable materials submitted by entrant, in any manner without further
compensation during and after the Promotion Period. Entrant hereby assigns, conveys and
transfers and agrees to assign, convey and transfer all, right, title and interest in and to his
or her Submission and any intellectual property rights therein to Sponsor, Overclock, and
Huddler, Inc. Entrant agrees to execute and deliver such documents and provide all assistance
reasonably requested by Sponsor to give to Sponsor the full benefit of the rights granted to
Sponsor by entrant. Entrant hereby agrees not to instigate, support, maintain or authorize
any action, claim or lawsuit against the Sponsor, Overclock, and Huddler, Inc., or any other
person, on the grounds that any use of the Submission as provided herein, infringes any of
entrant’s rights as creator of the Submission, including, without limitation, trademark rights,
copyrights and moral rights. Nothing herein shall constitute an employment, joint venture, or
partnership relationship between entrant and Sponsor, Overclock, and Huddler, Inc.
4. Prizes and Odds
Three winners on OCN will receive: 120GB 520 series Intel SSD’s
5. Notification of Winners: Judging will take place on or about 01/01/13. Each potential prize
winner will be notified by e-mail to the email address associated with his or her Overclock
account profile from which the Submission was made on or about [01/08/13]. Within ten (10)
days of the date of the notification email, each potential prizewinner may be required to
execute an affidavit of eligibility and general release of liability and consent (in writing, if
requested). Without limiting any other terms of these Official Rules, if a potential winner
cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim a prize, and/or where an affidavit of eligibility
and general release of liability and consent is not timely received, is incomplete or modified,
the potential winner(s) will be disqualified and forfeit their right to a prize, and an alternate
winner will be selected from remaining valid, eligible Submissions timely submitted. In the
event of a dispute regarding who submitted a Submission, the Submission will be deemed
submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the
Overclock’s account profile from which the Submission was made. "Authorized account holder"
is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access
provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution,
etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the
submitted e-mail address.
6. General Rules: By entering the Promotion, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
Sponsor and any Internet access providers, each of their respective parent companies,
affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their agents, officers,
directors, shareholders, employees and agents (collectively, “Released Parties”) disclaim any
responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate Submission of Submission information, human error,
technical malfunctions, lost / delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion,
defect, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, software or any
combination thereof, inability to access any web site or download materials, damage to a
user's computer system (hardware and software) due to participation in the Promotion, or
late, lost or incomplete Submissions (including entry information). Sponsor reserves the right,
in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Promotion in whole or in part, in the
event of fraud, technical or other difficulties or if the integrity of the Promotion is
compromised, without liability to entrants. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant
or winner, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Any attempt to deliberately
damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion is unlawful and
subject to legal action by the Sponsor or its designees.
Entrants further agree to release, indemnify, defend and hold the Released Parties, harmless,
from any and all claims, injuries, damages, expenses or losses to person or property and/or
liabilities of any nature that in any way arise from participation in the Promotion or acceptance
or use of a prize or parts thereof, including without limitation (i) any condition caused by
events beyond Sponsor’s control that may cause the Promotion to be disrupted or corrupted;
(ii) any injuries, losses, or damages (compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential or
otherwise) of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the prize, or acceptance,
possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the Promotion; and (iii) any printing or
typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion.
IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR, OVERCLOCK, OR HUDDLER, INC BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY
DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES
(INCLUDING LOSS OF USE, DATA, BUSINESS OR PROFITS) ARISING OUT OF OR IN
CONNECTION WITH YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION, WHETHER SUCH LIABILITY
ARISES FROM ANY CLAIM BASED UPON CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING
NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER OR NOT SPONSOR HAS
BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE. Some jurisdictions do not
allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the
above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
7. Additional Conditions: Except where prohibited, by participating in the Promotion, entrant
consents to the use of his/her name, photo and/or likeness, biographical information, entry
and statements attributed to entrant (if true) for advertising and promotional purposes,
including without limitation, inclusion in Sponsor’s newsletters, on Sponsor, Overclock, and
Huddler, Inc. websites and social networking webpages without additional compensation. All
entries, as applicable, become property of Sponsors and none will be acknowledged or
8. Personal Information: Sponsor may collect personal data about entrants online, in
of-service. As a result of Sponsor’s relationship with Overclock and Huddler, Inc. the policies
Huddler, Inc. with respect to Overclock and Huddler’s use and disclosure of personal
information from users participating in Intel’s “Intel’s SSD Holiday Giveaway” Promotion,
whether Overclock or Huddler collects such information itself or receive such information from
Sponsor. By participating in the Promotion, entrants hereby agree to Sponsor’s, Overclock,
and Huddler.com’s collection and use of their personal information and acknowledge that they
9. Winner’s List: For a list of prize winners send your request and a stamped, self-addressed
envelope to Intel SSD Holiday Contest, Overclock.net, 525 Market Street, 2nd Floor, San
Francisco, CA 94105.
These Official Rules are governed by the law of the State of California, without reference to
rules governing choice of laws. Any action, suit or case arising out of, or in connection with,
this Promotion or these Official Rules must be brought in either the federal courts located in
the Northern district of California or the state courts located in San Francisco, California.
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2297 Active Users (333 Members and 1964 Guests)
- › [Official] - X58 Xeon Club - 40 seconds ago
- › Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming K7 Discussion 1 minute ago
- › ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread 4 minutes ago
- › I fixed my buzzing noise when using the mic on my usb headphones 7 minutes ago
- › Ryzen Essential Info with link to owners info DB 8 minutes ago
- › [Official] Rainbow Six Siege Information & Discussion Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Did my psu die?? Need help urgent!! 9 minutes ago
- › i7-7700k Temperature Issue 9 minutes ago
- › NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti Owner's Club 11 minutes ago
- › [DigiTimes] Coffee Lake (LGA 1151 6C/12T) launching in August -... 11 minutes ago
- › Kanto YU4 Powered Speakers with Bluetooth and Phono Preamp - Gloss... by SightUp
- › Gigabyte XTREME Gaming Mouse (GM-XM300) by orlahirish
- › Superlux HD 681 Dynamic Semi-Open Headphones by raisethe3
- › Logitech G Pro Gaming FPS Mouse with Advanced Gaming Sensor for... by raisethe3
- › AMD YD1700BBAEBOX Ryzen 7 1700 Processor with Wraith Spire LED Cooler by bluedevil
- › Microsoft IntelliMouse Optical 1.1A by 1n5aN1aC
- › DIYPC Alpha-GT3 Bench Computer Case by rediornot
- › Thermaltake Riing Plus 12 RGB Tt Premium Edition 120mm Software... by Jedson3614
- › Logitech G533 Wireless DTS 7.1 Surround Sound Gaming Headset... by Jedson3614
- › Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Computer Case - Tempered Glass Edition,... by AyyMD
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...
- › Intel Core i7 4790K Energy Efficiency
- › Multi Tasking on Intel Haswell CPU's