I can barely remember what happened yesterday, but some memories stay with me. Stuff that happened when I was very very young sticks with me, much better.
One of the things I will probably always remember is the fact that my father used to play Beatles music when I was an infant. He tells me, even to this day, that he used to put me to sleep using Beatles songs.
I have never lost my love for the Beatles' music. And more than just their music, I've also cultivated an interest in the band members.
John Lennon, however, was always my favorite by far. For me, his songs were always by far the best; he was the best singer of the four, and his lyrics were the most provocative.
His solo career was also the most interesting, with many great songs. Who amongst us doesn't know such great songs like "Imagine," "Happy Xmas (War is Over)," "Give Peace A Chance," or "Grow Old With Me"?
I remember very vividly the day when he was shot and killed in New York City in 1980. I was all of five years old at the time, and given the fact that I lived in the Philippines at the time, it was the afternoon of December 9 when I heard about his assassination. I was supposed to have been taking an afternoon nap, but being an incorrigible five year-old, I was still awake and listening to the radio. The DJ stopped the Christmas song being played (I don't remember what the song was), and announced that Lennon had been shot and killed in New York City. Our nanny (my sisters and I had a nanny at that time, since both of my parents had jobs) half-screamed at the news, and I suppose her reaction is one reason why the event remains indelible in my memories.
These days, there are three days in a year when my playlist focuses on one artist and one artist only. November 5th is Bryan Adams' birthday; October 9th is John Lennon's birthday, and December 8th is his death anniversary.
And so today, I listen to Lennon, and Lennon only.
"Imagine there's no heaven..." he once sang. I can, but probably only because he was the first to make that suggest that and make me think about it.
Thanks, "Nowhere Man." Rock on forever.
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2091 Active Users (358 Members and 1733 Guests)
- › Need help with Xeon X5660-X58M MSI 23 seconds ago
- › [GameRant] Dragon Age Creative Director Leaves BioWare After 14 Years 1 minute ago
- › [Guru3D] GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Launch Date October 26th + Specs and... 3 minutes ago
- › Crystal Crystal Series 460X/570X RGB Owners Club 3 minutes ago
- › Upgrade from i7 6950 to i9 7900X...worth it? 4 minutes ago
- › Aftermarket aircoolers for GPU? ( Prolimatech MK-26 vs Rajintech... 4 minutes ago
- › [Various] 6-Core Coffee Lake Lineup: i7-8700K & i5-8600K / Official... 4 minutes ago
- › OCN XSPC Photon Res/D5 Pump combo owners club 4 minutes ago
- › Microsoft Classic Intellimouse 3,200 dpi (2017) 4 minutes ago
- › Skylake-X/Kaby Lake-X Combined Discussion 5 minutes ago
- › Corsair Hydro Series H115i Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler ,... by SightUp
- › ASRock X370 Killer SLI/ac by gopackersjt
- › ARCTIC Accelero Mono Plus VGA Cooler - 120mm Efficient PWM Fan,... by Smanci
- › Joyful Heart Waterproof Wireless Bluetooth Headphone by TechChunk
- › Antec Mercury 360mm AIO Liquid Cooler by vMax65
- › Orico Dual Bay HDD Enclosure by geggeg
- › Phanteks PH-F140MP_BBK_PWM 140mm fan by AlphaC
- › Seasonic Flagship PRIME SERIES SSR-1200PD 1200W PLATINUM FULL... by mllrkllr88
- › Corsair Obsidian 750D Computer Case With Side Panel Window by The_Rocker
- › Asus Xonar Essence STX 124 dB SNR / Headphone AMP Card by The_Rocker
- › Hands-On: TCL 55″ P-Series 4K HDR TV is...
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...