I like Intel more than AMD
AMD has my business because I have a really low budget and they offer better processors than Intel in the $0-80 range.
Current gen Celerons do not please me
Pushpins don't bother me as much as the AMD clip
I prefer Intel's LGA over AMD's PGA because pins are a :swearing: to handle when I'm merely cleaning off thermal paste from the proc. In fact, I almost broke a Phenom a few days ago due to the dang pins (Read my previous blog entry)
Between Nvidia and ATI, I have no real preference. I do think Nvidia cards look better, but that is not a deciding factor when I'm buying cards.
ATI's drivers have been as good to me as Nvidia's drivers. I don't know why people are hating on ATI's drivers.
As for warranties
I could care less about the length. I won't be keeping a card for more than 2-3 years anyway
AMD's chipsets are very nice
I'm sure Intel's chipsets are nice too. They're a bit out of my price range though (The good ones like P45 at least)
All the intel systems I've had used SiS junk (Which was slow, but had no problems thankfully)
Asus' motherboards > Gigabyte's motherboards
Asus' tech support < Gigabyte's tech support
My darn gigabyte board won't run memory in dual channel
(And there's a freakin new revision of my board that just came out...I'm stuck with the old version :swearing
But Gigabyte's tech support is very responsive (Unlike Asus...)
CRT's > LCD's for gaming IMHO
Laser mice are awesome. They can track on more surfaces than optical mice more reliably
Applying TIM for direct touch heatpipe coolers is piss annoying to do properly on AM2
For me, Quiet > Performance
...that's all I can think of right now...yeah.
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2090 Active Users (237 Members and 1853 Guests)
- › [Japan Times] University of Tokyo pair invent loop-based quantum... 2 minutes ago
- › ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme X399 ThreadRipper Overclocking / Support 4 minutes ago
- › [Various] 6C Coffee Lake Lineup: i7-8700K & i5-8600K / 4.7GHz... 4 minutes ago
- › EVGA GTX 970 SSC Gaming ACX 2.0/2.0+/FTW+ 2.0+ Custom UEFI Firmware 5 minutes ago
- › ASUS Rampage VI Extreme (X299) Official Owners 6 minutes ago
- › [Guru3d]Der8auer LN2 Clocks 18-core Core i9 7980XE To 6 GHz (Uses... 6 minutes ago
- › AMD Ryzen Threadripper Owners Club - 1950X | 1920X | 1900X 10 minutes ago
- › Is my pump dead? XSPC X4 Photon 270. 10 minutes ago
- › AOC U3277PWQU - 32" 4K VA Monitor 10 minutes ago
- › New build after 10+ years. Please advice. 10 minutes ago
- › Orico Dual Bay HDD Enclosure by geggeg
- › Phanteks PH-F140MP_BBK_PWM 140mm fan by AlphaC
- › Seasonic Flagship PRIME SERIES SSR-1200PD 1200W PLATINUM FULL... by mllrkllr88
- › Corsair Obsidian 750D Computer Case With Side Panel Window by The_Rocker
- › Asus Xonar Essence STX 124 dB SNR / Headphone AMP Card by The_Rocker
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by The_Rocker
- › Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.3GHz LGA 2011-v3 140W... by foofer1233
- › Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2 1 LGA 2011 Processor - BX80619I73930K by powerhouse
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Hands-On: TCL 55″ P-Series 4K HDR TV is...
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...